How does the nightmare end? | The Boneyard

How does the nightmare end?

How does the Ollie error end?

• Total voters
Reaction Score
I think you are missing "Ollie resigns after NCAA findings". That is the most likely. I say we self-ban for this year. Then the NCAA releases their findings and tries to ban us for an additional year along with a bunch of other stuff. Ollie is encouraged to resign and we pay him a negotiated and reduced buyout. We finally grow a pair and hire a pack of lawyers to sue the living crap out the NCAA to encourage them to accept our self-imposed ban. We hire a new coach.

Reaction Score
I think you are missing "Ollie resigns after NCAA findings". That is the most likely. I say we self-ban for this year. Then the NCAA releases their findings and tries to ban us for an additional year along with a bunch of other stuff. Ollie is encouraged to resign and we pay him a negotiated and reduced buyout. We finally grow a pair and hire a pack of lawyers to sue the living crap out the NCAA to encourage them to accept our self-imposed ban. We hire a new coach.

Agree. We really need to go on the offensive with the NCAA. We let them bully us.

Reaction Score
The best thing that can happen is Ollie realizes that, considering his performance these past 3 years, he is kind of stealing from the state and realizes that, at best, he is "only" on the hot seat and just resigns BEFORE (likely) getting fired. Because resigning is better on a resume and for your future than getting fired.

Along with emmert being called out for his (continued) incompetence and gets the axe before he can continue his little witch hunt vs Uconn.

Next, maybe Uconn does not get Hurley, but they get a solid, young Brad Stevens type go getter. That would take a lot of luck, however. But a coach like that might have Uconn back in business within 2 to 3 years.

All of that is best case scenario, however. Harsh, sorry but not sorry, but true.

Reaction Score
Not well.

Attachments

• IMG_5122.JPG
    IMG_5122.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
Reaction Score
The dinosaur error ended when a meteor struck. So there is always that possibility.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
New coaches always bring energy to fanbases. They give people something to dream on. The nightmare will end once we make a new hire.

Meanwhile, KO goes to another university where in his 25 years as head coach takes his team to 10 final 4s and 5 national championships being inducted into the basketball hall of fame.

Reaction Score
I would love to know what's going on between the players as well because it can't be good. They don't look like they're even interested in playing as a team any longer.

Reaction Score
I honestly don't care how it ends. I just want a fresh start where we can have some hope and start rebuilding toward respectability. I am probably not alone in thinking that this era ends within the next 6 weeks.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Was this poll option left off on purpose ?

* It doesn't end. *

Reaction Score
I can't believe anyone even keeps track of that stuff. I would argue that you want to be below 1:1. The average person on this board is a dope. You want more of these monkeys to disagree with you than agree.

Says the guy with the sub-unity L/P ratio.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom