How do you feel right now? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

How do you feel right now?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Bummed

I thought last night they would show us what they're made of, I thought they would rebound, and I didn't like what I saw

Reaction Score
“They’re saying, ‘Hey we’re losing all our goddam money, and Christmas is just around the corner, and I ain’t gonna have no money to buy my son the G.I. Joe with the King- grip . . .’ So, they’re panicking out there right now, Mortimer. They’re panicking. I can feel it.”

- Billy Ray Valentine

Reaction Score
I find some of the post game quotes promising in terms of recognition. They had a good first half having gotten somewhat back to their identity. Now they might remember how to play 1 half of good ball. Maybe they can put together 2. Also, I appreciated LM taking responsibility for the loss. There will be tons of embarrassing film to watch. Our only hope is that lessons are learned.

Reaction Score
Watching this in league implosion it is like going back to having Dom Perno try and keep up with the early Big East and he had talent at first with Corny, Chuck A and Mike McKay. Just a turbo flush down the drain. Hard to see what will solve our problems.

Reaction Score
That was the most bizarre, pathetic loss I have ever seen. How did our two centers repeatedly miss point blank looks down the stretch? The whole thing was just surreal.
They just ignore the dunk over and over. Having been height challenged all my life, I cannot understand why anyone over 6'-6" would use the backboard instead of flushing the ball every time.

Reaction Score
They just ignore the dunk over and over. Having been height challenged all my life, I cannot understand why anyone over 6'-6" would use the backboard instead of flushing the ball every time.
The one that Sanogo left at the front of the rim with about 2 minutes left will be burned into my brain for a long time. I just cannot believe he could not put that in. Surreal doesn't begin to describe it.

Reaction Score
Pass into Sanogo. He either pump fakes 5 times or waits until two guys come guard him. Make a quick move ONCE!! Pump fake pump fake pump fake. He tries to take a charge at the end of the game then moved out of the way. GO UP AND BLOCK IT!!!

Where are the tough guys on this team. Can Ed Nelson come to practice for a day?

Reaction Score
I don't feel great, but all the doom and gloom provides no one anything. This loss also didn't hurt as bad as losing to St. John's at home, especially since this Seton Hall team beat St. John's by 22. But there is absolutely no doubt we need to get some momentum fast.

I think a lot of guys need to start doing the little things again. We're not taking care of the ball, we're not helping on defense, we're committing dumb fouls (especially illegal screens). We need to start having a little attention to detail and hopefully some guys will get back on track.

Reaction Score
Not nearly as bad as the rest of you. Look, UConn is still in a really good position. Even after last night still #7 in the NET. Yes this stretch blows and is frustrating but there is plenty of time to turn this around.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I just want to know where all the posters are who said this was their favorite team of all time a month ago?
Donald Trump GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Reaction Score
I went to the game tonight. Just before Seton Halls last possession I turned to my fiancé and said “this is going to hurt a lot, won’t it…”

She turned to me and said “my week is about to be ruined.”

True story. Fml.
I watched it on delay without knowing anything about the result. But I knew almost the whole game what the ending was. We looked scared of losing.

Reaction Score
It was a great team when they were dynamic, passing the ball all over the place, playing tough defense, being the hardest working guys on the floor. That is not this team. We are one dimensional, not hustling, and playing awful defense.

Reaction Score
Freak it, we’re running the table the rest of the way! I’m all in! Who’s with me??

My hearts already been crushed. I have nothing left to lose by being a blind optimist. We Don’t Quit! We Don’t Give Up! We’ve been here at the mountain of adversity before! And we always rise. WE WILL RISE! Go Huskies!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's funny last night my wife was watching for a few minutes in between doing other stuff and said "well finally it looks like they should win" as they had an 8 pt lead. I laughed and said not for sure but here's hoping. Then the game went on as it did. I was quiet (rare), my brother who we call back and forth for every play and call at least 20 times a game called less and not at all after the 4 minute time out. And my wife came in about 10 minutes after the game and asked the final and I let her know they lost at the buzzer. She was stunned that she didn't hear me or how calm I was, playing with my pup. A loss usually puts me in a fowl mood for a while, not with everyone just pissed. I was calm last night and that's not good. I have come to expect this team to gag down the stretch, throw the ball away like Jackson and Newton did, miss the worst bunny in history of UCon basketball like Sanogo did and not box out like no one did. It's here, it's not going away this team has become what it is and I don't see the turn around in sight. They don't have the leaders with the balls, the brains or the brawn.

I feel like I'm watching the NY Giants of the the last few years prior to this fun year finally. You know what the result is so you can't even enjoy when they play good for a half because reality will set in, and it always does. The other teams make plays, get to loose balls down the stretch and we don't.

NIT, I hope they say no because being invited will be embarrassing to the program, but that's exactly how I feel right now. The excitement of going to work on a day of a game that evening is now, well nothing. Could take it or leave it not excited to watch this debacle. It may change but I've never felt like this even through the rough years prior. When you should be much better than you are and this happens, it's just unacceptable. But that's just me!
“A loss usually puts me in a fowl mood for a while…”
Don’t be chicken!

Reaction Score
Games like this are why you play in a league like the Big East. These games make you better. They get teams ready for the tournament. Our team will get through this and they will turn it around.

We could see panic setting in on this board after the St. John’s loss. Now it’s turning to despair. But it’s January. It’s not March. It’s a long season. It’s already had it’s ups and downs. We’re in for a long ride. And no one yet knows the ending.

Reaction Score
Our asses pucker up in close games. I don't want to criticize college athletes, but we look mentally weak.

In all seriousness do we have a mental skills coach or sports psychologist on staff?

We're fine when things are going well but when it starts to go the other way it's like quicksand and confidence is at an all-time low.

Halfcourt O in 2nd half was absurdly bad

Reaction Score
Whatev. I think many people have accepted after tonights game that this team is just not good. I hope we can make the tourney but Im not sure where the W is coming from. I can see us losing us to depaul yikes
after watcing Depaul-Xavier, I could, too. I can see where DePaul can attack UConn, although UConn's D has been bad so it's not too hard to see.

Reaction Score
Sick to my stomach, to be honest with you. Like a gut punch. Needed that game and pissed it away in unbelievable fashion. Not even talking about that last possession. Shouldn't have come down to that.
Yes! Thanks! This game never should have come down to 1-2 possessions. Someone else said this and IMO it's true. UConn was lucky to be bailed out by Hawk's 3pointer at the end of the first half to be up 14 points-they should've been up 20 but wasted possessions in the first half prevented that.

Reaction Score
The one that Sanogo left at the front of the rim with about 2 minutes left will be burned into my brain for a long time. I just cannot believe he could not put that in. Surreal doesn't begin to describe it.
there is plenty of blame to go around with missed bunnies and they all irritated me in real time when I saw them. Like I stated in some other posts, this brought flashbaks to UConn-Nove in the BET last year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom