How do we beat USF without Katie Lou? Does she play? | The Boneyard

How do we beat USF without Katie Lou? Does she play?

Reaction Score
(Other than by scoring more points, that is.) Can we we beat the Bulls without Katie Lou? USF seems to have talent from around the globe. Well coached. The one AAC team that causes most concern.

Supposedly Samuelson out as we know, but any chance she might be made available for this one game tomorrow to keep the streak alive, even though the NCAA big dance awaits? Much of a chance that any of the other conference teams still alive give us a tough time?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
(Other than by scoring more points, that is.) Can we we beat the Bulls without Katie Lou? USF seems to have talent from around the globe. Well coached. The one AAC team that causes most concern.

Supposedly Samuelson out as we know, but any chance she might be made available for this one game tomorrow to keep the streak alive, even though the NCAA big dance awaits? Much of a chance that any of the other conference teams still alive give us a tough time?
No, she is out for the tournament, Geno has said she will NOT play until the NCAAT.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Good grief, we just won a game by 27 points, with 37 points from Collier, and you're worried about beating a severely depleted USF team? We'll run circles around them, and it will be done without KLS in the lineup.

Reaction Score

Katie Lou is OUT,per Geno.
How does Uconn beat them without KLS? Good question, no real answer. But assuming Jose brings his B plus game, Uc needs it's B plus or better. USF isn't equal to Uconn no way o'shea or they'd be Number One in the Poles.
To beat ANYONE Uconn cannot give them a head start in the first quarter--so expect Geno to press them until they can't see straight, and build up a lead. BB is a game that is harder to play from behind.\Then all Geno can do is make small corrections or subs and let them play as they by now know so well. Not to worry until Baylor, Louisville, or ND appear on the horizon.

Reaction Score
Maybe they mean UCF?
I’d be more worried playing them than USF

The 'they " You refer to is WINSLOTS a plank owner on the BY, a highly respected person. No disrespect to you if you are new. Just a note to let you know who THE THEY in this instance means to his BY counter parts. I'm a snooper but i know of that gentle person.
I do agree UCF is a much more physical team. It's too late in the season to have your team beaten up physically.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Don't sleep on USF. They may have lost their three best players, but they are still disciplined and tough. They have good to very good guards.

We beat them yes, but no blow out.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The 'they " You refer to is WINSLOTS a plank owner on the BY, a highly respected person. No disrespect to you if you are new. Just a note to let you know who THE THEY in this instance means to his BY counter parts. I'm a snooper but i know of that gentle person.
I do agree UCF is a much more physical team. It's too late in the season to have your team beaten up physically.
snlMINAJ has been posting here since 2012. I’m not sure what you mean by “plank owner” but snlMINAJ is a fan, same as winlots, and just as entitled to air an opinion.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
snlMINAJ has been posting here since 2012. I’m not sure what you mean by “plank owner” but snlMINAJ is a fan, same as winlots, and just as entitled to air an opinion.
... but not until December. Pssht, obviously a newb.

Reaction Score
Very reassuring! The Husky Sleeps Tonight. Wimoweh....

Reaction Score
We'll probably follow our own lead from the second half of the final regular season game (which we won in every quarter but the first). Come out pressing, crank up ONO in the paint, and overpower them from the start. I'm guessing that Coombes gets a lot of playing time as our annoyer-in-chief.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
We'll probably follow our own lead from the second half of the final regular season game (which we won in every quarter but the first). Come out pressing, crank up ONO in the paint, and overpower them from the start. I'm guessing that Coombes gets a lot of playing time as our annoyer-in-chief.

Yes, this one will be a bit different than what was likely a neutral 50/50 fan game in Tampa. Tomorrow's game will be a neutral court, 99.5 percent Husky fans game over ice, which will give the south Floridians a little chill.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
A lot of shots that didn't fall in the ECU game, will fall against USF. Napheesa and company will continue what they started. Lou will continue to be the voice of reason from the bench. I am looking forward to watching Olivia play. She is truly a testament to what excellent coaching can do.

Reaction Score

Um, “other than by scoring more points”? I sort of thought that was how one defined winning in this game.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Good grief, we just won a game by 27 points, with 37 points from Collier, and you're worried about beating a severely depleted USF team? We'll run circles around them, and it will be done without KLS in the lineup.
I disagree. We just beat them only a week ago by 10 - barely. We were down at the half and up 2 at the end of the 3rd quarter.

I think this will be a great game for UCONN. the USF game just a week ago was the first game without Lou, Liv was thrust into the starting lineup, the team was outrebounded and struggled to score. The ECU game hopefully did wonders for Liv's confidence - she was a monster on defense. But USF has had most of the season to get used to losing starters where UCONN has had just 2 games now. I HOPE we win easily - 20-25, but I would not be surprised to see a very close game come down to the wire.

Reaction Score
I disagree. We just beat them only a week ago by 10 - barely. We were down at the half and up 2 at the end of the 3rd quarter.

I think this will be a great game for UCONN. the USF game just a week ago was the first game without Lou, Liv was thrust into the starting lineup, the team was outrebounded and struggled to score. The ECU game hopefully did wonders for Liv's confidence - she was a monster on defense. But USF has had most of the season to get used to losing starters where UCONN has had just 2 games now. I HOPE we win easily - 20-25, but I would not be surprised to see a very close game come down to the wire.
That was also our first game without Lou. They’ve had a full week of practice to work on sets & gameplan without her. I expect a little easier win today.

Reaction Score
Katie Lou is OUT,per Geno.
How does Uconn beat them without KLS? Good question, no real answer. But assuming Jose brings his B plus game, Uc needs it's B plus or better. USF isn't equal to Uconn no way o'shea or they'd be Number One in the Poles.
To beat ANYONE Uconn cannot give them a head start in the first quarter--so expect Geno to press them until they can't see straight, and build up a lead. BB is a game that is harder to play from behind.\Then all Geno can do is make small corrections or subs and let them play as they by now know so well. Not to worry until Baylor, Louisville, or ND appear on the horizon.
There is no flexibility on Lou. She will not play. What we need to win is largely what we saw yesterday; Pheesa dominating; Dangerfield directing a near flawless game from the point ( and scoring herself); Walker quietly contributing a solid performance, and "step-up" games from the two freshmen. Add to that, a bit of filler time from Molly, Mikayla and Irwin ( maybe even Batouly ), and that should be enough. But neither this game nor the final ( likely against UCF ) will be cake walks.

Reaction Score
MYERS: on the Wimoweh: Ahhhh, NOW you are singin'. Wonderful version. First time I ever left the PA/NJ area, it was with some school pals who picked me up at home outside Philly in a red convertible they had stashed off campus. We drove all the way to FL with no stops and sang that song almost endlessly to keep ourselves awake during the long trip.

Reaction Score
Um, “other than by scoring more points”? I sort of thought that was how one defined winning in this game.

WILL: As you so aptly point out, (eliciting a grin here in response) that IS a necessary ingredient for victory. And that was noted as a "given" for victory up front in the thread.
The questions posed were meant seek views on HOW we get those needed points without our sharp shooter draining threes; and CAN we get them against such a talented and well coached team, etc. The answers seem to show an array of opinions on those and the other issues posed, though clearly most are expecting a victory, however divided on the ease with which it could be achieved. Fair quick summary?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom