How about scheduling another game? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

How about scheduling another game?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Any update on this or are we at the point where we don't think another game between now and Baylor will be added?

Happy New Year everyone! Stay safe
I would have hoped that if UConn were adding a game to be played over this coming weekend, it would have been announced by now. Trying to coordinate travel, tv and so on takes some time. That doesn’t mean it can’t happen, but I think it becomes less likely with each passing hour.

Reaction Score
Walz said he expected to play this weekend. I haven't heard if they were able to secure an opponent or who they had in mind, but it sounded like it had to be a home game in Louisville coming out of their 2 1/2 week quarantine/pause. Probably not a lot of big names wanting a road game in Louisville or wanting to travel to a place where the virus is out of control.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
That’s a shame. Jeff is one of the few coaches who would dare to play UConn.
After a 3+ week layoff, Jeff may be reluctant to face Geno at this time.
If so, that’s a shame.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Louisville had to have a home game. UConn wasn't going to go down there.
We don’t know that Jeff needed a home game and we also don’t know that Geno was unwilling to travel.

Reaction Score
Lville is hosting Bellarmine Saturday. Never heard of them. Seems like Jeff wanted a home warm up game after their break rather than jumping right into UConn.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Lville is hosting Bellarmine Saturday. Never heard of them. Seems like Jeff wanted a home warm up game after their break rather than jumping right into UConn.
Yuk!
Bellarmine is located in Louisville and they’re currently 0-4. It won’t be much of a game, but at least it will be a short bus ride.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score

I think this is their 1st year in D1

Reaction Score
So Jeff thinks that playing a team with an RPI of 322 is going to help him get his team into playing shape. They would be better off playing against Hopkins high school even without Paige.
They're coming off of a 2 1/2 week pause, and needed a game to get back in the swing of things before jumping back into the fire of conference play on Tuesday.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
They're coming off of a 2 1/2 week pause, and needed a game to get back in the swing of things before jumping back into the fire of conference play on Tuesday.
The lowest RPI ranked team that Geno has played is............Not UM-Lowell, it's Seton Hall. UML - 187, Seton Hall - 274. Jeff had a chance to play against UConn and he whiffed it. He decides to play nothing but a scrimmage game, he is not going to learn anything about his team. I thought that only Kim did stuff like this.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
So Jeff thinks that playing a team with an RPI of 322 is going to help him get his team into playing shape. They would be better off playing against Hopkins high school even without Paige.

What's UMass-Lowell's RPI? Massey rates UML at 281.

Seems that Louisville had an agreement to play another team that fell through. Jeff quickly found a team to play.

Last edited:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The lowest RPI ranked team that Geno has played is............Not UM-Lowell, it's Seton Hall. UML - 187, Seton Hall - 274. Jeff had a chance to play against UConn and he whiffed it. He decides to play nothing but a scrimmage game, he is not going to learn anything about his team. I thought that only Kim did stuff like this.

Where is your support for what you're saying happened?

Reaction Score
I guess one more characteristic of our wonderful Covid world, is that the top 5-8 teams in WCBB are now committed to not playing anybody OOC. Seems like with the sophistication of ranking services like Kenpom, teams wouldn’t be so worried about win/loss records.
How many really good games have we had so far in WCBB? I mean the top teams. The teams in weaker leagues are screwed even more than usual this year. UConn can’t do anything more than they’re doing to get good games. Geno can’t help it the Big East is non-competitive. I guess it’s ACC or Pac10 or bust. Disappointing!!
I want to see UConn play good games. What can be done?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
What's UMass-Lowell's RPI? Massey rates UML at 281.

Seems that Louisville had an agreement to play another team that fell through. Jeff quickly found a team to play.
RealTimeRPI.com

Reaction Score

Beyond silly.

Reaction Score
Massey has UML at 281 and Seton Hall at 85.

And that is somewhat meaningful. But the RPI in December is totally meaningless. You'd get about as accurate a ranking using a random number generator. Even at the end of February, the RPI can be very misleading. It is theoretically possible for a team to go 0-30, losing every game by 50+ points, and yet end up with a top 20 RPI. That can easily be demonstrated.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Massey has UML at 281 and Seton Hall at 85.
Massey is not an RPI site, it takes into account more than just wins/losses and the win loss percentages of it's opponents. I stated RPI so go to the RPI site that stated and you will see what I stated was correct.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Massey is not an RPI site, it takes into account more than just wins/losses and the win loss percentages of it's opponents. I stated RPI so go to the RPI site that stated and you will see what I stated was correct.

I know. I don't think much of RPI. Any rating that says UML is better than Seton Hall is way off.

The entire discussion is ridiculous.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom