How about scheduling another game? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

How about scheduling another game?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Syracuse on the 3rd or the 4th might be a good choice, Top 25 but not above #20.

They have a gap in their schedule from 12/31/2020 to 1/7/2021, and are losing a game in the second half of January....
The Cuse would be good, but Coach Q would probably never agree to a game against UConn unless he happens to run into them in the Big Dance. Remember that he wouldn’t schedule UConn for Stewie’s homecoming game.

Reaction Score
Syracuse on the 3rd or the 4th might be a good choice, Top 25 but not above #20.

They have a gap in their schedule from 12/31/2020 to 1/7/2021, and are losing a game in the second half of January....
Folks. Remember a certain little homecoming game for UConn royalty that was denied? I dare say a game with Syracuse will ever happen....

Reaction Score
The only reason, on the surface, not to travel to Louisville would be that Edwards and Muhl can’t go. Even then, Geno has never had a history of avoiding anyone, especially coaches he considers friends.
Aaliyah was only expected to miss the one game

Reaction Score
Texas does not have a game scheduled for the 5th :rolleyes:. May as well call Vic and schedule a game, since the team will be at Baylor a few days later.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Texas does not have a game scheduled for the 5th :rolleyes:. May as well call Vic and schedule a game, since the team will be at Baylor a few days later.
THAT would be a "win-win" scenario!!! A two game road trip to Texas against two top 20 programs. Baylor is ranked #7 while Texas is currently ranked #20 in ESPN's AP top 25.

Right now with the revised schedule, UConn has a 24 game schedule.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
There has to be somebody on Duke’s schedule that would want to play.

UNCW-Seahawks-New-Logo.png

Reaction Score
THAT would be a "win-win" scenario!!! A two game road trip to Texas against two top 20 programs. Baylor is ranked #7 while Texas is currently ranked #20 in ESPN's AP top 25.

Right now with the revised schedule, UConn has a 24 game schedule.
Personally I'd like a game on Jan 2 at UConn, Mohegan, or somewhere in the Northeast that only requires a bus in a high mask wearing area.

Medically I'd like them to be in the state of TX for the shortest amount of time possible. A lot of cases in that state and not a high mask wearing region.

Reaction Score
I would love to schedule another ranked opponent. The worry I have is UConn has to beat either Baylor or SC to get a #1 seed because the rest of their schedule is very weak. If our best "win" is Depaul, that might not be good enough this year.

Reaction Score
With the schedule in a constant state of flux, I must admit that I’m not particularly fond of the 9-day gap between the Depaul game on 12/29 and the Baylor game on 1/7. I would really like to see UConn add a game to build towards the matchup with the Lady Bears in Waco on the 9th.

I know there aren’t a lot of coaches that are willing to add a matchup against UConn under any circumstances. In addition, I would not be a fan of adding another mismatch against a mid-major like UML. What I’m looking for is a solid matchup vs a top 25 team.

So here’s my best suggestion. Louisville just lost their scheduled game with Duke on 1/31. Of course the Cardinals were on the schedule before Covid lead to the cancellation of the game earlier in the season. Geno and Jeff are friends. Putting the matchup back on the schedule would fill a scheduling gap and be a great early season test for both programs.

Just sayin.......
Unfortunately, I read through this whole thread. OMG. I didn't realize it was so bad.
If there has ever been a posting in BY history that deserved an unanimous yay vote it was this one by you. Like Churchill in Darkest Hour when he proclaimed that Britain would fight no matter what it took and Chamberlain's allies were waving their handkerchiefs in approval.
What about Nika and Aeliyah, we're treating our young ladies like indentured servants, what about some hokey record about back to back losses, the ladies need to rest.....
Even in today's world there still are facts. And two absolute indisputable facts are 1) 11 days off with no competition for a college athlete is DEATH and 2) kids like to play games. I guess that can't be left unsaid.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, I read through this whole thread. OMG. I didn't realize it was so bad.
If there has ever been a posting in BY history that deserved an unanimous yay vote it was this one by you. Like Churchill in Darkest Hour when he proclaimed that Britain would fight no matter what it took and Chamberlain's allies were waving their handkerchiefs in approval.
What about Nika and Aeliyah, we're treating our young ladies like indentured servants, what about some hokey record about back to back losses, the ladies need to rest.....
Even in today's world there still are facts. And two absolute indisputable facts are 1) 11 days off with no competition for a college athlete is DEATH and 2) kids like to play games. I guess that can't be left unsaid.
?

Reaction Score
With the schedule in a constant state of flux, I must admit that I’m not particularly fond of the 9-day gap between the Depaul game on 12/29 and the Baylor game on 1/7. I would really like to see UConn add a game to build towards the matchup with the Lady Bears in Waco on the 9th.

I know there aren’t a lot of coaches that are willing to add a matchup against UConn under any circumstances. In addition, I would not be a fan of adding another mismatch against a mid-major like UML. What I’m looking for is a solid matchup vs a top 25 team.

So here’s my best suggestion. Louisville just lost their scheduled game with Duke on 1/31. Of course the Cardinals were on the schedule before Covid lead to the cancellation of the game earlier in the season. Geno and Jeff are friends. Putting the matchup back on the schedule would fill a scheduling gap and be a great early season test for both programs.

Just sayin.......
Louisville's last game was December 9th and are not scheduled to play until January 3rd. I would love to see the teams meet prior to that date. I hope Jeff and Geno are talking about doing this!!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Louisville's last game was December 9th and are not scheduled to play until January 3rd. I would love to see the teams meet prior to that date. I hope Jeff and Geno are talking about doing this!!!
I think we need to look at a game between DePaul, 12/29 and Baylor 1/7. You're right, but IMO the window for that possibility is gone. My perfect team to play is : Virginia Tech. They've got a gap like ours.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
If they (NCAA?) haven't done it already, they should create a "game" portal. Sort of like the transfer portal, a team could post dates they want to schedule a game, any restrictions or limitations on that game (e.g. must be home) and a contact if interested number. It could expedite the process of finding a match.

Reaction Score
Hmm. The positive part of this is that the coaches are afraid of us again... They would have lined up last year for a game....

Reaction Score
Hmm. The positive part of this is that the coaches are afraid of us again... They would have lined up last year for a game....
Maybe...
Seems like it wouldn't matter, in a world in which the NCAA selection is so sophisticated. For example- Virginia Tech- does it really matter if they are 6-1 or 6-2? It's about league games for them. NC St, FL St, NC, Syracuse. Wouldn't a game with UConn help their SOS?
It may be that logistics due to Covid-19 is what makes it difficult. Probably a bunch of protocols. My example- Virginia Tech- based on what we're hearing about Duke, the ACC has issues with player safety.
All due respect, I think UConn has a monster upside, but I'm not sure anybody is quaking in their boots about us.

Reaction Score
Who has Geno on their text ?? texas would be awesome and virginia tech would be good.

Let him Know!!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Maybe...
Seems like it wouldn't matter, in a world in which the NCAA selection is so sophisticated. For example- Virginia Tech- does it really matter if they are 6-1 or 6-2? It's about league games for them. NC St, FL St, NC, Syracuse. Wouldn't a game with UConn help their SOS?
It may be that logistics due to Covid-19 is what makes it difficult. Probably a bunch of protocols. My example- Virginia Tech- based on what we're hearing about Duke, the ACC has issues with player safety.
All due respect, I think UConn has a monster upside, but I'm not sure anybody is quaking in their boots about us.

what about Duke? I guess the Big East has issues with player safety as well..

Reaction Score
what about Duke? I guess the Big East has issues with player safety as well..
Wrong thread Triad. Read through the thread about Duke shutting down. Players and parents uncomfortable with how things were being handled. I'm done talking about Duke. UConn's still playing and Duke is not. Nobody loves Kara more than me. (I'm from D.C./MD-she was the Wizard's color analyst, and I'm a Celtics fan- asst coach)
This thread is about playing another game and possibly about how it is difficult to schedule impromptu with Covid protocols abound.
Good luck. Root for UConn!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
So I noted that during his presser today, when asked about scheduling another game, after Geno mentioned that he’s been trying unsuccessfully to set something up, he did mention that maybe he’ll get a tweet from Walz tomorrow. So maybe by suggestion in the OP about rescheduling Louisville is not totally out of the question.

Reaction Score
So I noted that during his presser today, when asked about scheduling another game, after Geno mentioned that he’s been trying unsuccessfully to set something up, he did mention that maybe he’ll get a tweet from Walz tomorrow. So maybe by suggestion in the OP about rescheduling Louisville is not totally out of the question.
Louisville plays Jan 1, 3, and 7th. The Duke cancellation is this Thursday. He was going back to back. Walz would be jumping on the proverbial grenade for Geno if he snuck UConn in his schedule. Good for him!
Don't we ideally want the game early next week?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Louisville plays Jan 1, 3, and 7th. The Duke cancellation is this Thursday. He was going back to back. Walz would be jumping on the proverbial grenade for Geno if he snuck UConn in his schedule. Good for him!
Don't we ideally want the game early next week?
As I said earlier, beggars can’t be choosers. If Walz called up and said he could only play UConn this coming Thursday in Louisville, I would take it if I was Geno.

Reaction Score
If they (NCAA?) haven't done it already, they should create a "game" portal. Sort of like the transfer portal, a team could post dates they want to schedule a game, any restrictions or limitations on that game (e.g. must be home) and a contact if interested number. It could expedite the process of finding a match.
One already exists... here is an example from MBB board. It’s not accessible to general public.

View attachment 62637

We aren't playing DePaul 12/23 and we aren't playing a Big East team it appears.
1609256700438.png

Reaction Score
Nah. We run the risk of getting a team like Sisters of Mercy and beating them like Texas A&M beat Northwestern State. Does not do us any good other than playing a game, running up the score, adding to a players stat line, and getting Coach one step closer to passing Coach Summit. I am in the camp of taking that extra day to practice, rest up, and watch some NetFlix.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom