Houston Game Thread- BEAT THE COOGS | Page 41 | The Boneyard

Houston Game Thread- BEAT THE COOGS

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

You said he was required to sit. Not to be mean but you're doubling down on bullscalito now.

Yes - when you get redshirted that always happens. You sit. You folks said he was 3rd string and I said he was red shirted. I was correct. You dudes never admit you are wrong but almost always are / like Stairmater last year about BS at QB telling us all how good he was - I was real then as I am now - and for the first time you saw publicly what some of his receivers feel about his ability - which I knew last year.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Yes - when you get redshirted that always happens. You sit.

You initially claimed that all FBS --> FCS transfers must sit, even though you've been proven wrong.

C

Chief00

You initially claimed that all FBS --> FCS transfers must sit, even though you've been proven wrong.
I said he was red shirting and required to sit - you guys said he was 3rd string and wasn't good enough. You were very wrong.m

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I told myself not to get dragged into this, but...

Boyle is the WORST QB we've had over the last 15 years. Literally the worst. Johnny Mac was better. Nebrich was better. Hernandez was better. Frazer, Lorenzen, Endres....hell, even Box was better.

I'm sure he was a good kid, but he was the worst...

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
I said he was red shirting and required to sit - you guys said he was 3rd string and wasn't good enough. You were very wrong.

He had the opportunity to impress the EKU coaches and win the starting job or at least 2nd string. The fact that they couldn't put him at either spot says a lot.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
IMG_2650.JPG

C

Chief00

I told myself not to get dragged into this, but...

Boyle is the WORST QB we've had over the last 15 years. Literally the worst. Johnny Mac was better. Nebrich was better. Hernandez was better. Frazer, Lorenzen, Endres....hell, even Box was better.

I'm sure he was a good kid, but he was the worst...
He had 4 QB Coaches, 3 head coaches, and only TJ and Day had a clue. Both Coach P who did know talent (jones) and TJ saw something in him as a freshman but he wasn't ready then experience wise. He is now.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
He had 4 QB Coaches, 3 head coaches, and only TJ and Day had a clue. Both Coach P who did know talent (jones) and TJ saw something in him as a freshman but he wasn't ready then experience wise. He is now.

...the WORST...

C

Chief00

He had the opportunity to impress the EKU coaches and win the starting job or at least 2nd string. The fact that they couldn't put him at either spot says a lot.

When they recruited him the plan was to red shirt him which meant sitting him per NCAA rules. The plan was to use the Cincy guy this year and Boyle in 2017.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
When they recruited him the plan was to red shirt him which meant sitting him per NCAA rules. The plan was to use the Cincy guy this year and Boyle in 2017.

Let me guess, now you're an EKU booster and in with the coaches there?

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
I can tell you that's not what some receivers thought.

First you lie about being in with the current basketball program, now football? When does it end?

You tell those receivers if they thought so highly of him, why couldn't they catch his passes?

C

Chief00

Nope - I never used FBS or FCS wording - said he was required to sit per NCAA rules -( that's what you do when you redshirt).

You guys had him the 3rd stringer which was wrong.

C

Chief00

You did in the 1980s and 1990s. Not anymore.

Actually KO is implementing one suggestion after another that I made last season - all of which by the way you disagreed with.

Please note - despite lifting free weights this summer - how well the Bigs ran in the Husky race.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Actually KO is implementing one suggestion after another that I made last season - all of which by the way you disagree with.

And he's doing it all independently of your (fictitious) counsel.

C

Chief00

And he's doing it all independently of your (fictitious) counsel.
It's not important who gets the credit - it is his decision and being a good coach he is making good moves.

But, my feedback was heard and considered. From what I could tell he was coming to some of the same conclusions - but there was no disguising where Chief stood on these issues.

Reaction Score
Quite frankly - let me break this to you gently at a 3rd grade level - Boyle must sit out a year per NCAA transfer rules / those rules don't prohibit him from playing in Spring game.

Can you at least admit you are wrong, one time? Especially when you are so condescending, and still incorrect. You are somehow even more stubborn than Bob.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Can you at least admit you are wrong, one time? Especially when you are so condescending, and still incorrect. You are somehow even more stubborn than Bob.
He still thinks all our football games start at 11:11 am. More apt analogy is Trump - he's a con artist with no regard for truth.

C

Chief00

Seriously, I don't get your mental block on this - there are some posters here that said he was 3rd string and then when they are proven wrong - try to make some strange interpretation of my wording - he was redshirted and required to sit to play next season - it's pretty basic.
True, he did not need to be redshirted but that was always the plan and base on NCAA rules he must sit.

C

Chief00

He still thinks all our football games start at 11:11 am. More apt analogy is Trump - he's a con artist with no regard for truth.
Remind yourself of that before the Cincy game LOL

Or maybe you are one of these guys who prefers a beauty queen to be 70 pds overweight. Didn't Hathaway try that with the cheerleaders one year, when one threaten to sue him.

Reaction Score
Seriously, I don't get your mental block on this - there are some posters here that said he was 3rd string and then when they are proven wrong - try to make some strange interpretation of my wording - he was redshirted and required to sit to play next season - it's pretty basic.
True, he did not need to be redshirted but that was always the plan and base on NCAA rules he must sit.

You said that Boyle must sit out a year per NCAA rules. It's quoted. It's wrong. Undeniable

You provide good analysis on both boards but kill your cred by refusing to admit to lies and mistakes. And that whole embarrassing AD fiasco.

Reaction Score
@MarkBermanFox26: .@UHCougarFB
LB Tyus Bowser, along with LB Matthew Adams & RB Duke Catalon NOT going through pregame warmups. No word…

Post game:

Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26
.@UHCougarFB LB Tyus Bowser, involved in scuffle with teammate Matthew Adams Wednesday night, suffered broken bone and will miss a few games

Joseph Duarte@Joseph_Duarte
Herman on incident involving Bowser/Adams: "The two got over-competitive … and resulted in a scuffle, a freak accident."

Joseph Duarte@Joseph_Duarte
Herman on Bowser/Adams: “Our culture is one of love and the 2 are very close, remain very close. Definitely consider each other brothers."

Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26
.@CoachTomHerman on @G_Ward1 not backing down when UConn's Junior Joseph got in his grill: "I friggin love it." @UHCougarFB

Jim Fuller@NHRJimFuller
#UConn LB Junior Joseph on unsportsmanlike penalty: "I let the emotions get the better of me and you will never see that again."

Joseph Duarte@Joseph_Duarte1 hour ago
Tonight’s attendance: 40,873

Game Stats:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members