Houston Game Thread- BEAT THE COOGS | Page 40 | The Boneyard

Houston Game Thread- BEAT THE COOGS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So Herman in his second year has that much more talent than Fiasco in his third?? Why does he deserve a fourth? Team had back slid

Reaction Score
I am not happy with the way this season has gone but let's wait till the Cinci game, show up and support the team and see if we can rebound and give this season some hope. I saw some potential with the offense tonight.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I'm not saying that we should never punt. But on the road, as a severe underdog, down multiple touchdowns....you just can't punt in their territory. You just can't. It makes you an idiot if you do. It makes you crazy if you do it 6 times...
I think it's the other way around....you're crazy if you do it once....but you are monumentally stupid if you do it 6 times.

Reaction Score
I'm not saying that we should never punt. But on the road, as a severe underdog, down multiple touchdowns....you just can't punt in their territory. You just can't. It makes you an idiot if you do. It makes you crazy if you do it 6 times...
Not only that, down as much as they were in the 4th quarter. At least TRY to make something happen. When you don't you're just admitting defeat. Cannot rely on the defense when you're down 4-5 scores. The game is over unless the offense makes something happen. But coach didn't give them a chance after halftime.

Reaction Score
Diaco called the first what, 6 games of his first season as preseason, yet won't use a live game to get better?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I think it's the other way around....you're crazy if you do it once....but you are monumentally stupid if you do it 6 times.

"Monumentally" is the perfect word. They should build a statue with a plaque that says, "don't be like Fish Cake guy"...

Reaction Score
My post was more an observation of the offense as a whole, not just in Houston territory.

Reaction Score
I'm fine with it because we get some backups in to the game.....no one gets hurt....and honestly...Herman wasn't gonna take the foot off the gas till Diaco called uncle.

I'm not happy we're in that position mind you.....but we were....

So why play football at all? Anyone who has ever played organized football at any level knows that each play is special to the players. Especially players like a backup QB or RB that doesn't get to play much in real games.

Reaction Score
Huskymedic - please read. He can and is using his redshirt year - he never used it at UConn.
Former UConn quarterback Tim Boyle commits to Eastern Kentucky

More proof from the Kentucky side - the plan is to red shirt him. OVC FOOTBALL: New EKU coach pleased with 2016 recruiting class

Yes - he does have a redshirt year available BUT that is clearly not what you said.
Quite frankly - let me break this to you gently at a 3rd grade level - Boyle must sit out a year per NCAA transfer rules.

Nice try. Must have thought you were talking to third graders.

Reaction Score
Assuming this one will go over looked. I'm Flying to CT in the morning. Hoping to return to the state I remember and not a state of ruins. Stay safe everyone and sleep peacefully. See you in the morning.

C

Chief00

I agree Chief. Boyle was a very good quarterback. It's a shame he couldn't stay at UConn and take a crack at breaking the career interceptions record.

ECU has a coach who is an offensive guru and he will be P5 before Diaco. He knows QB talent and how to develop it.

Reaction Score
Just another game where the outcome isn't an outrage but the way we got there is. Bob is comfortable for the season but I sure wish he wasn't.

Reaction Score
Not only that, down as much as they were in the 4th quarter. At least TRY to make something happen. When you don't you're just admitting defeat. Cannot rely on the defense when you're down 4-5 scores. The game is over unless the offense makes something happen. But coach didn't give them a chance after halftime.
Not only do you go for it on every 4th down, you onside kick after the TD. Just because Houston took their foot off the gas doesn't mean you have to. Show some guts. Show your team you have confidence in them. Show them quitting is not an option. You don't just submit. It doesn't send the right message to the players, or the fan base.

C

Chief00

Yes - he does have a redshirt year available BUT that is clearly not what you said.

Nice try. Must have thought you were talking to third graders.

They are red shirting him so he must sit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom