Houston Game Thread- BEAT THE COOGS | Page 37 | The Boneyard

Houston Game Thread- BEAT THE COOGS

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Ok, reality check. #6 team in the country on the road. Revenge game for them for last year, when we spoiled an undefeated season. The play-calling tonight, except for one or two overly conservative moves, was fine. Most of the issues are on defense, pass defense specifically as we stuffed their running game. We ran on them more successfully than anyone else has.

This is not some failure by Diacao. The execution by several players was poor. We have put up nearly 3oo yards on their "fantastic" defense. Failure to stop them in the red zone is a huge issue, but they had a freakish one handed catch and Ward making two insane, Michael Vick level runs.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Now you know why I said this summer for Big 12,- barring a miracle it had to happen before this ugly game - but they were too dysfunctional - almost as dysfunctional as we are tonight! Good thing Susan gave Bob the 5 million buyout and raise for a 6-7 record.
I don't know who has worse football program - Kansas or UConn
I know Kansas is a longtime B12 member BUT overall the UConn athletic program is stronger than Kansas in so many areas and I call mens BBall a tossup and that is giving Kansas the benefit of the doubt - 3 of their 5 mens bball titles came before 1940

Reaction Score
Really? How about his lack of players that can compete at this level? 3 recruiting class and they clearly are not close to bottom of the P5 let alone top of the AAC. Who do you want to blame for that?
I respectfully disagree. Our players have more talent than the scores have shown. Coaching is part it it. Look at all the guys in the NFL!

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Kids are kids. Diaco makes 1.7MM to win.

He makes that money to do a lot of things, including winning. How he manages the "kids" is another one.

Not saying he deserves the money right now but he does a few things right.

Reaction Score
I checked UConn Football mentions on Facebook purely out of curiosity. Just to paraphrase...

"UConn's football coach looks like he should be coaching volleyball or gymnastics."

"Isn't UConn's strength supposed to be defense?"

"Houston gettin' all up in that @ss."

"Hopefully Big XII only looks at UConn basketball and ignores this game."

"I'll be on the UConn coaching staff next year purely to gawk at their coach."

"Is UConn's coach single? Just asking for a friend."

Our coach is the Zoolander of college football. But hey, at least he brilliantly distracts middle-aged women and hornball feminist college girls from the scoreboard... So there's that...

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Ok, reality check. #6 team in the country on the road. Revenge game for them for last year, when we spoiled an undefeated season. The play-calling tonight, except for one or two overly conservative moves, was fine. Most of the issues are on defense, pass defense specifically as we stuffed their running game. We ran on them more successfully than anyone else has.

This is not some failure by Diacao. The execution by several players was poor. We have put up nearly 3oo yards on their "fantastic" defense. Failure to stop them in the red zone is a huge issue, but they had a freakish one handed catch and Ward making two insane, Michael Vick level runs.

I agree. The frustration being vented is leftover from Navy and Cuse.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Stick to embarrassing yourself on the basketball board.

I am totally shocked that no one has created a FauxChief00 handle with just even more outlandish posts and wacky sh izz.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Burning Williams's redshirt is the one action I'd qualify as a mid-season fireable offense for Diaco.

Totally agree, but I just thought he was taking 2nd team reps. Wouldn't put it past HCBD to throw Williams in for the final drive Head bang

Reaction Score
He makes that money to do a lot of things, including winning. How he manages the "kids" is another one.

Not saying he deserves the money right now but he does a few things right.
Not enough. The players still have fight. The coaches quit on them again. Every time they make a conservative call, they quit on them. The while game approach is quitting on the kids.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Totally agree, but I just thought he was taking 2nd team reps. Wouldn't put it past HCBD to throw Williams in for the final drive Head bang

It'll help him for next spring's QB competition.

Reaction Score
Really? How about his lack of players that can compete at this level? 3 recruiting class and they clearly are not close to bottom of the P5 let alone top of the AAC. Who do you want to blame for that?
That's a different issue but this game was a mismatch going in and it was. There are reasons to fire Diaco but this game isn't really one.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Maybe next year Diaco will be calling our crappy games as an afternoon analyst on CBS Sports Network

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
He's looking good. I know it's against some backups, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom