Houston Chronicle exclusive: Texas, Oklahoma reach out to SEC about joining conference. | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Houston Chronicle exclusive: Texas, Oklahoma reach out to SEC about joining conference.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I think BYU has a fighting chance to get into the Pac 12. I honestly don't get what the Pac 12 is waiting for. It has to expand with something that makes it more TV friendly. The Big 12 leftovers are worthless though.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score

I can't see them sitting in the Big 12 for the next 4 seasons after telling them that their leaving once they make the decision to jump over to the SEC

Reaction Score
Better than the AAC.

All those teams may all be under the AAC umbrella depending on how things shake out. The AAC has ESPN behind them. The old Big 12s deal is ending, leaving the left overs without a country.

UConn's spot may have provided good cushion for them.

Reaction Score
Now maybe people can stop acting like expansion for the Big Ten and ACC is over.

It's over. There are no more Texas's or OU's out there to justify shares of those deals.

Reaction Score
I can't see Fox paying for the Big 12 without Texas and Oklahoma

Makes you wonder who knew what, when....Since Fox and ESPN both turned down the request to renew the Big 12's contracts early, before they reached completion..

I wonder if Texas and Oklahoma had been signalling that they would not re-up.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
It’s really fun watching this stuff and not being worried about being shut out or stuck in some misfit toy conference again.
I enjoy watching those Big 12 schools squirm and wonder where they might have to go. We've been in that spot far too often and been screwed out of it for way too long. I will enjoy watching this play out. I also enjoy making faux conference moves knowing we're all set where we are.

Reaction Score
So to ask the dumb and obvious question: does this help, hurt, or prove irrelevant to UConn football? Does an SEC super conference impact college basketball in any way>
I would this wouldn't affect football too much. It might mean we can get a couple more high profile schools on the schedule like OK State, Baylor, TCU and K state.

Reaction Score
Might have a larger group of schools thinking independence is an option and open up some scheduling options for UConn. I like where we are. The American will become another MAC level conference, Big12 will become P6 (American level)Either conference could disband all together. The only thing that would be better would be a BIG10 invite with Kansas or ND, but I don’t see it. Transfer portal will be active.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
I enjoy watching those Big 12 schools squirm and wonder where they might have to go. We've been in that spot far too often and been screwed out of it for way too long. I will enjoy watching this play out. I also enjoy making faux conference moves knowing we're all set where we are.
So many of these fans overestimate their value too. Like I can’t see the ACC adding WVU. Aside from their terrible academic profile, they don’t add any TV market of value.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Might have a larger group of schools thinking independence is an option and open up some scheduling options for UConn. I like where we are. The American will become another MAC level conference, Big12 will become P6 (American level)Either conference could disband all together. The only thing that would be better would be a BIG10 invite with Kansas or ND, but I don’t see it. Transfer portal will be active.
Thing is- independence is only an option if you can park all other sports someplace. Most schools don’t have the option to do what we have done.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom