House of Dragon, GoT Prequil | Page 2 | The Boneyard

House of Dragon, GoT Prequil

Reaction Score
But their cameras weren't up to the task. It's filled with artifacts and looks really cheap.
I don't understand your point.

You want dragons flying around for 10 minutes every hour and the rest of the budget takes a hit.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don't understand your point.

You want dragons flying around for 10 minutes every hour and the rest of the budget takes a hit.
My point is, dark scenes are fine. Film them with cameras that can handle the dark scenes without significant artifacts. They didn't. So the dark scenes look like crap.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I understand why Martin wanted the Greyjoys to attack, but he never establishes their motivation. In fact, it makes no sense at all, and the attack predictably fails despite the Greyjoys having completely caught Robb Stark by surprise and left him helpless to do anything other than roving bands of northerners. And even if somehow the Greyjoys could hold onto some part of the North, would Tywin ever have let them remain independent? Of course not. It is actually a plot hole that he doesn't crush them once he has Robb Stark murdered. It was certainly never explained why Tywin allows them to continue to function independently at all. Even Robert Baratheon crushed them when they rose against him. It is like Martin knew he made a mess of that plotline, but he wanted to do other stuff with them so he lets them stay out there despite the fact that it undermines the rest of the story.

I don't know if you have read the books, but Martin makes a total mess of that plot line by the end of the fifth book.

It was guaranteed to fail for the Greyjoys, which undermines everything else that they do, yet somehow they emerge under Euron stronger than they were before losing most of their army in the North? I think it qualifies as a huge plot hole, and undermines everything that comes afterward in the books and the show.

I think the plot tangle that Martin had created for both Sansa and the Greyjoys is the reason that he will never finish the books. There is no way out from where he has the story.

It was Theon's idea to prove himself/get revenge on his foster family for "reasons"/get in the good graces on his father. His father knew it was stupid because, "the north remembers" and the salt throne king remembers getting his ass handed to him by the Starks and handing over his son as a ward/hostage.

The plot holes in GOT are too numerous to count even if you allow for the TV edit and the absence of the last two books. The Greyjoy thread isn't really one of them.

Reaction Score
My point is, dark scenes are fine. Film them with cameras that can handle the dark scenes without significant artifacts. They didn't. So the dark scenes look like crap.
I guess I just don't agree. You're watching a movie quality TV show that lasts 10-12 hours. I don't know of another show on right now with better quality.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I was wondering what the inspiration was for House of the Dragon since the War of the Roses was George Martin's inspiration for Game of Thrones. It turns out The Anarchy was the inspiration for House of the Dragon. The Anarchy was an English Civil War in the 12th century that got pretty ugly and pretty much trashed England. Like HotD, it started with a dispute over whether female succession was possible. There is a decent miniseries about 12 years ago with Eddie Redmayne, Haley Atwell and Allison Pill that is set during that period.

For those keeping score at home, virtually every period of English history between about 800 AD and modern times has a major TV miniseries, TV series or movie set during it. Apparently now that Hollywood has gone through all the historical representations, it is coming through again with fantasy versions of the same periods. Is Sci Fi next?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom