Hot Stove: Maryland to B1G? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Hot Stove: Maryland to B1G?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The ball is in Uconn's court to show that you want to bring Connecticut back to big time football.

The athletic department has completely dropped the ball in fostering a football culture on campus and around the state. They've also failed to sustain the Husky Hoopla that existed throughout the 90's.

I understand that fans must also be accountable but there are so many things the AD could do.

Reaction Score
I wonder why that is...

1256875135103.gif

Reaction Score
fwiw, there are multiple tweets over the last few days speculating about it or people saying they heard something. not sure if its all based on one radio phone call and everyone's rehashing the same rumor, but it's not 100% unsubstantiated.

edit: even torrey smith of the ravens tweeted about it.

LMAO. You propose a set of facts that would absolutely make it 100% unsubstantiated, and then conclude that it is not. Nothing can be substantiated even 1% if you don't know where the story is coming from.

Reaction Score
I've never bought into this data. What is it basing its results on again? Rutgers is nowhere near as popular as ND in NYC market. This is not based on eyeballs tuning in.

1. That ranking was done by internet searches. It was very creative, but should be viewed as little more than a WAG.

2. Rutgers may have more fans than ND at this point in the NY TV market, because recognize that 75% of the State of New jersey (as opposed to 25% or 30% of the State of CT, which is much smaller than NJ anyway) is part of that market. ND is certainly more popular than RU in New York City itself, but NYC is such a bad market for college football, and the market that is there is so diversified because of lack of historically strong local teams and the diversity of the origin of the population, that I would not be at all surprised if RU's edge over ND in New Jersey put it at #1 in the market.

Reaction Score
1. That ranking was done by internet searches. It was very creative, but should be viewed as little more than a WAG.

2. Rutgers may have more fans than ND at this point in the NY TV market, because recognize that 75% of the State of New jersey (as opposed to 25% or 30% of the State of CT, which is much smaller than NJ anyway) is part of that market. ND is certainly more popular than RU in New York City itself, but NYC is such a bad market for college football, and the market that is there is so diversified because of lack of historically strong local teams and the diversity of the origin of the population, that I would not be at all surprised if RU's edge over ND in New Jersey put it at #1 in the market.
you are probably correct... But, whether a fan supports Rutgers or ND, the real question is will they attend games, watch on TV, or spend $'s... I'm guessing a ND fan in NYC is more apt to 'actively' support ND than someone that comes up as a Rutgers fan.

Reaction Score
you are probably correct... But, whether a fan supports Rutgers or ND, the real question is will they attend games, watch on TV, or spend $'s... I'm guessing a ND fan in NYC is more apt to 'actively' support ND than someone that comes up as a Rutgers fan.

Again, it depends if you are talking a "New York City" fan or a "New York City TV Market" fan. You are entirely correct on the former, but that is not what the data is purporting to show.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Again, it depends if you are talking a "New York City" fan or a "New York City TV Market" fan. You are entirely correct on the former, but that is not what the data is purporting to show.

A better question is should it matter. As noted above, households are households even if they are in NJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom