Hot Stove: Maryland to B1G? | The Boneyard

Hot Stove: Maryland to B1G?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Was just checking in on the W.Va. Scout Board. There's a thread started @ 4:30 this afternoon that a radio station in the D.C. area is reporting that the Twerps are entertaining an invite to the B1G? REALLY?

Reaction Score
I heard UMd, RU, UConn, and BC to the B1G. Locking up the I-95 corridor from DC thru new England. BC ad UMd to join Leaders and UConn and RU to join Legends conference. BC will be our cross division rival game, and Rutgers/Maryland will be cross division rivals.

It was the voices inside my head I heard it from, but I heard it. So now I am now repeating it.

Reaction Score
Was just checking in on the W.Va. Scout Board. There's a thread started @ 4:30 this afternoon that a radio station in the D.C. area is reporting that the Twerps are entertaining an invite to the B1G? REALLY?

@tuxedoyoda People are email me saying Columbus Radio (97.1 FM) reporting Maryland to the Big 10.

Reaction Score
I can't find anything on the internet that supports such a rumor. But did find some strange editorial stating that Penn State should go to the ACC.

http://blog.pennlive.com/pennstatefootball/2012/11/should_penn_state_leave_the_bi.html

The B1G absolutely has to expand to areas that have more "stable" populations in order to keep up with the Joneses. Might sound crazy, but if they took in Texas, Oklahoma, Rutgers and UConn, we'd be part of a college football paradise.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
I heard from my plumber's cousin that an Anchorage radio station reported Megan Fox's interest in pleasuring me tonight. She will travel to my place and pay me for taking up my time.

I love obscure radio stations run by college students and janitors looking for a second income..

Reaction Score
fwiw, there are multiple tweets over the last few days speculating about it or people saying they heard something. not sure if its all based on one radio phone call and everyone's rehashing the same rumor, but it's not 100% unsubstantiated.

edit: even torrey smith of the ravens tweeted about it.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
fwiw, there are multiple tweets over the last few days speculating about it or people saying they heard something. not sure if its all based on one radio phone call and everyone's rehashing the same rumor, but it's not 100% unsubstantiated.

edit: even torrey smith of the ravens tweeted about it.
The Maryland board is reporting a rumor heard on 105.7 out of Bmore concerning turtles to B1G.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i dream of the b10 adding md/ruty/unc/uva/uconn/nd and then kicking out nw one day or letting them fold up shop and adding wvu, uk or kansas(yes i know those 3 are school issues)

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Refresh my memory, was Maryland one of the schools that voted against raising the ACC exit fee???

Reaction Score
junglehusky said:
Refresh my memory, was Maryland one of the schools that voted against raising the ACC exit fee???​

They were not happy with it, and I think they voted against adding Notre Dame (if my memory is correct), I could be wrong on that one though.

Reaction Score
i dream of the b10 adding md/ruty/unc/uva/uconn/nd and then kicking out nw one day or letting them fold up shop and adding wvu, uk or kansas(yes i know those 3 are school issues)

I dream of going to sleep and waking up and realizing that college football never existed.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
I dream of going to sleep and waking up and realizing that college football never existed.

You guys must not read the Football board. Or you really are "dreaming". Afterall, Pudge already clarified tonight over there that the conferences are set and there's less than a zero % chance the big 12 is expanding (let alone the big 10).

Even if expansion isnt dead, why would UConn want to leave the NBE? Even though we dont have guaranteed big bowl access, we at least get to play UCF, and if we're lucky, Memphis, SMU and Temple. Remind me again Why we'd want to leave?

Reaction Score
From a UMD site tonight:

>>"purplehayes said... On twitter: @tuxedoyoda People are email me saying Columbus Radio (97.1 FM) reporting Maryland to the Big 10.

Not what was said...I live here in Columbus and listen to the fan all day. They said MD considering B1G. I believe that I posted yesterday that a good friend of mine works in the AD dept for Gene Smith, and was teasing me about MD to B1G, and how the Bucks would be wooping that ass yearly. Today, I heard B1G has offered them a spot, and MD considering a move. This is moving a lot faster than anyone thought. I was told just before the ND move to ACC that MD would move to B1G in 12-18 months. I can see this happening. The B1G network guarantees a Shitload of $$ to each school, and many believe they are the top conf moving forward. There one misstep was thinking ND was done to them." <<

Then on Twitter tonight

darren rovell (@darrenrovell)
11/14/12, 9:47 PM
Under Armour CEO Kevin Plank cashing out 5% of his holdings over next year. Will be about $65M, w/10% going to his foundation.

What's that ACC buyout - $50m?

Purple haze all in my brain
lately things don't seem the same
Acting funny and i don't know why
excuse me while i kiss the sky

:) :)

Reaction Score
MD would need a partner to give them an even # of teams. rutty?

I read today taht the breakdown of the playoff $$ includes a clause that the more teams you have in conference, the greater % of the $$ you get. If true, does it make sense to expand? split the conference TV money but get a bigger piece of the national TV pool.

Reaction Score
MD would need a partner to give them an even # of teams. rutty?

I read today taht the breakdown of the playoff $$ includes a clause that the more teams you have in conference, the greater % of the $$ you get. If true, does it make sense to expand? split the conference TV money but get a bigger piece of the national TV pool.

Not if PSU gets tossed ;)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
From a UMD site tonight:

>>"purplehayes said... On twitter: @tuxedoyoda People are email me saying Columbus Radio (97.1 FM) reporting Maryland to the Big 10.

Not what was said...I live here in Columbus and listen to the fan all day. They said MD considering B1G. I believe that I posted yesterday that a good friend of mine works in the AD dept for Gene Smith, and was teasing me about MD to B1G, and how the Bucks would be wooping that ass yearly. Today, I heard B1G has offered them a spot, and MD considering a move. This is moving a lot faster than anyone thought. I was told just before the ND move to ACC that MD would move to B1G in 12-18 months. I can see this happening. The B1G network guarantees a ****load of $$ to each school, and many believe they are the top conf moving forward. There one misstep was thinking ND was done to them." <<

Then on Twitter tonight

darren rovell (@darrenrovell)
11/14/12, 9:47 PM
Under Armour CEO Kevin Plank cashing out 5% of his holdings over next year. Will be about $65M, w/10% going to his foundation.

What's that ACC buyout - $50m?

Purple haze all in my brain
lately things don't seem the same
Acting funny and i don't know why
excuse me while i kiss the sky

:) :)

Wait a minute.

Aren't the lyrics, "Excuse me while I kiss a guy"?

Gotta go my pizza's burning.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg