Hot Seat | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Hot Seat

C

Chief00

According to this site: Randy Edsall contract at Connecticut, the buyout is:

$2M if before 12/1/18;
$1M if before 12/1/19

According to this site, we save $1M if we wait until Dec 2, 2018. Seems like a no-brainer to at least wait until December to make a decision.

But I do agree with the folks above, I don't see Edsall being fired this year. We're too cheap and uncommitted to football. I'd love to see $1M added to the assistant's pool but know full well that isn't happening either. But at least we'll break ground on a part-time hockey arena and get to pay the cost of that back for 30 years.

Randy is not currently under a signed contract.

Reaction Score

No, but he is currently working under an executed MOU (which includes buyout language)which is binding until the execution of a formal contract.

C

Chief00

No, but he is currently working under an executed MOU (which includes buyout language)which is binding until the execution of a formal contract.

I am not a lawyer, but this definition says it’s not legally binding. It also says a MOU is temporary - so it’s unclear to me if the intent of a MOU is temporary and we are nearly two years in - does the MOU really even exists in spirit?
Memorandum of Understanding - MOU

Reaction Score
I am not a lawyer, but this definition says it’s not legally binding. It also says a MOU is temporary - so it’s unclear to me if the intent of a MOU is temporary and we are nearly two years in - does the MOU really even exists in spirit?
Memorandum of Understanding - MOU

LOL... Investopedia. How about the actual document - would that help?

Edsall/Benedict Executed MOU (12/28/16)

Relevant language: "... this letter and the terms set herein will continue to exist as the binding agreement between the parties until the execution of formal employment contract"

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
We have a bad run of 8 years and some of you think the program is over as a result. Unreal.

As people say, win and fans will show up. Simple. If Edsall can't do it, then next.

We'll survive the downtimes. Don't worry.

This.

As painful an experience as we've been treated to these past few years, this is the truth. Temple? Door mat for years, too the point where the Big East had to kick them out. Back on their feet.

Rutgers. Synonymous with bad football. Not necessarily back on their feet, but not getting shut down anytime soon.

Syracuse. Robinson. Enough said. Yet, they're back in better position.

SMU. The death penalty, for crying out loud. Back to playing for bowl games.

We'll be in good shape two years from now. It's just going to be a painful two years more to get there...

Reaction Score
If the choices were between keeping Diaco and hiring Edsall I literally cannot fathom thinking hiring Edsall was the move. It was a bad idea for football and for finances.

Well ... that just is not very insightful. Diaco was truly awful. World class awful. I think Edsall has a system and can make this work. Unfortunately ... we are stripping things to the bone.

Reaction Score
C

Chief00

Per the letter, the intent was to wrap this up
in 60 days and sign a formal contract. Nearly 2 years later it’s clear someone is acting in bad faith. Does that impact a memo of understanding? Apparently, the Cory thing was not the lone holdup since that’s done and still nothing executed. Randy is certainly not negotiating out of strength now, so the memo is probably the way to go for him.

Reminds me of the Tulsa game. At the end of next year’s regular season, if UConn choose to terminate Randy - UConn would have to pay a 1 million dollar buyout if on or before 11/30/2019 OR pay a $300,000 retention bonus on 12/1 and then terminate him. Who do we pay to write such things?

Reaction Score
Per the letter, the intent was to wrap this up in 60 days and sign a formal contract. Nearly 2 years later it’s clear someone is acting in bad faith. Does that impact a memo of understanding? Apparently, the Cory thing was not the lone holdup since that’s done and still nothing executed. Randy is certainly not negotiating out of strength now, so the memo is probably the way to go for him.

Almost 8 months into the job I don’t believe Hurley has signed his contract yet either - what’s his hold-up? Is his intent nefarious too?

C

Chief00

Almost 8 months into the job I don’t believe Hurley has signed his contract yet either - what’s his hold-up? Is his intent nefarious too?
Something doesn’t smell right. This type of stuff isn’t happenstance. With Hurley maybe waiting for NCAA sanction ruling - but people who get paid a lot are not getting things done.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom