Hot Seat | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hot Seat

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I'm a football fan first, but I'm not delusional like you are

I am not delusional at all. You are just someone who gives up too easily. Maybe you should stick to High School football and leave college game to those who love UConn and FBS football.

Edsall is going no where. I do think Chris Ash is toast though

Reaction Score
I am not delusional at all. You are just someone who gives up too easily. Maybe you should stick to High School football and leave college game to those who love UConn and FBS football.

Edsall is going no where. I do think Chris Ash is toast though
You're an idiot bill. You know it, I know it; everybody knows it

Reaction Score
If you guys think we have trouble attracting good Assistant Coaches then just wait and see what caliber of Head Coach we can hire if we fire Edsall.

I’m not saying Edsall is doing a good job but sometimes you just have to let things run their course. Plus we simply can’t afford to fire him.

I was one of his biggest critics in his first go around. Now I think I am just being realistic.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
But I do agree with the folks above, I don't see Edsall being fired this year. We're too cheap and uncommitted to football.
I respectfully suggest that giving Randy time is actually "being committed to football."

Hate to agree with the Eeyores but if you like football you should be rooting hard for REv2 because if he doesn't show improvement there is a realistic chance we'll downgrade.

(FWIW I am of the opinion the choices are FBS or no football. There isn't much point in FCS.)

Reaction Score
Football is not being dropped. Get over yourselves. Holy cow.

Not sure how you can that. I think there’s a 40% chance the program is shut down within the next decade.

I hope I’m wrong and you’re right but our track records probably say otherwise.

Reaction Score
If you guys think we have trouble attracting good Assistant Coaches then just wait and see what caliber of Head Coach we can hire if we fire Edsall.

I’m not saying Edsall is doing a good job but sometimes you just have to let things run their course. Plus we simply can’t afford to fire him.

I was one of his biggest critics in his first go around. Now I think I am just being realistic.

Welcome to the right side.

Reaction Score
I respectfully suggest that giving Randy time is actually "being committed to football."

Hate to agree with the Eeyores but if you like football you should be rooting hard for REv2 because if he doesn't show improvement there is a realistic chance we'll downgrade.

(FWIW I am of the opinion the choices are FBS or no football. There isn't much point in FCS.)

The only problem with your post is that the Eeyores have been historically right and ahead of the curve.

Reaction Score
Welcome to the right side.

He’s the right coach but if he doesn’t get the support he needs from the school then he won’t be successful.

Building a program that will be in the old BCS conference was one thing. We don’t have that selling point anymore. I don’t envy Randy one bit.

He needs to look at how Al Golden raised Temple from the ashes. That’s the roadmap in my opinion.

Reaction Score
He’s the right coach but if he doesn’t get the support he needs from the school then he won’t be successful.

Building a program that will be in the old BCS conference was one thing. We don’t have that selling point anymore. I don’t envy Randy one bit.

He needs to look at how Al Golden raised Temple from the ashes. That’s the roadmap in my opinion.

I actually think Edsall was a terrible re-hire. It was the safest and most cost effective move the school could make at the time given the financial realities.

Reaction Score
I actually think Edsall was a terrible re-hire. It was the safest and most cost effective move the school could make at the time given the financial realities.

Yeah but who else was there? He was a known quantity. More likely to be successful over the long run than not.

Reaction Score

Yes, but next season is like the Third Date. You know what is supposed to happen right?

If we don’t see some sort of positive sign then yes, his seat will get really hot.

CL82

Reaction Score
Yes, but next season is like the Third Date. You know what is supposed to happen right?
Um, we're supposed to score?

(I think Randy is here through year 4 given the enormity of the task he's been given. But yeah, we'd need to see signs of life next year and considerable improvement in year 4.)

Reaction Score
Yeah but who else was there? He was a known quantity. More likely to be successful over the long run than not.

That’s the thing. There was literally no other option. That’s why I think there’s a very real chance that Edsall may be the last football coach we have.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
That’s the thing. There was literally no other option. That’s why I think there’s a very real chance that Edsall may be the last football coach we have.

This is the right take

CL82

Reaction Score
Sure... I just wanna see the boosters write a check for $49m.
While they are at it, could they make out another to "UConn Hockey Rink Development Fund"?

Last edited:

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
You're an idiot bill. You know it, I know it; everybody knows it

You have a very high opinion of yourself and think you are smarter than you actually are.

Go back to the cesspool where the other degenerates are located at. Leave UConn football to those who want it to succeed and not be discontinued. You and Waylon are very alike on this issue and many others

Reaction Score
Not sure how you can that. I think there’s a 40% chance the program is shut down within the next decade.

I hope I’m wrong and you’re right but our track records probably say otherwise.
We have a bad run of 8 years and some of you think the program is over as a result. Unreal.

As people say, win and fans will show up. Simple. If Edsall can't do it, then next.

We'll survive the downtimes. Don't worry.

Reaction Score
We have a bad run of 8 years and some of you think the program is over as a result. Unreal.

As people say, win and fans will show up. Simple. If Edsall can't do it, then next.

We'll survive the downtimes. Don't worry.

I'm hoping to survive the week :)

Reaction Score
You have no sense of money.

Institutions - States - Universities ... they don't walk away from $400m investments. This notion some of you have about a "drop football" or down to money-losing FCS ... ain't happening. Don't cite the annual shortfall.

Remember that Edsall has huge confidence that he is here for a good solid length of time. How do we know? That contract, and the way the University made that commitment. That is precisely why he is managing the roster the way he is.

Reaction Score
I wonder what the economics of UConn football are. What does the balance sheet look like overall? What does it look like for a home game? I've never seen anything motivate a Board to action like the bleeding of money....

That being said, I support UConn football because of the kids. As a former NCAA athlete myself, I know what the gig is and these young men are doing it. NOBODY likes losing and I can only hope that their distaste of losing and their desire to win compels them to do whatever it takes to WIN some games. My fear is when the leader doesn't care about wins and loses. Was he hired as an Academic Advisor or was he hired to win football games? HCRE 2.0's moral compass argument aside, I hope he remembers that his purview is football and that he has a job to do. Most CEO's don't clean the bathrooms at their companies and conversely, the janitors generally don't handle the financial books. I'd like to see a little focus on the job for which he was hired.

I won't give up on Huskies Football until they do.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
If the choices were between keeping Diaco and hiring Edsall I literally cannot fathom thinking hiring Edsall was the move. It was a bad idea for football and for finances.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom