Hoping the media was told "hands off" | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hoping the media was told "hands off"

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
But I always say ma. For years now. I'm a man of habits.

In my head, I read "M. A. UCONN fan". so ma is M. A.
For years, I read it Mau conn fan. Then one day I looked at it and thought "Ohhhhh, I get it." A newer version is UConnell, who I think of as Nell, but is probably Ellen.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score

I think you have the most concerning screen name. It reads like Chap and sounds illegal!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
For years, I read it Mau conn fan. Then one day I looked at it and thought "Ohhhhh, I get it." A newer version is UConnell, who I think of as Nell, but is probably Ellen.

scote was always: scoe tee for me. Hasn't changed.

Reaction Score
I once called him "Mau" is person in a bar somewhere. Dude looked at me like I just farted in church...I called him by his real name from that point on...now Dove, will always be Dove.

Reaction Score
I once called him "Mau" is person in a bar somewhere. Dude looked at me like I just farted in church...I called him by his real name from that point on...now Dove, will always be Dove.

I probably looked at you like that because I was on my 21st beer not because you called me "mau" colorado!

Seriously that's some funny stuff:D

Reaction Score
If UConn was competing for recruits with girls on campus I don't think they would have won 4 championships in the last 16 years! No offense to the UConn co-eds but most warm weather schools would be kicking UConn's butt on the recruiting trail if that were a major decision making point.

I both agree and disagree, I think that if you go to almost any college campus across the country that has at least a certain number of students, the talent is there in sheer numbers. I do agree that the talent at schools like say USC, Arizona State, UCLA (or any California big school), would be way higher... but at any school with a high number of students there are hundreds of prime choice cutlets who are total sport groupies to keep a young recruit warm at night

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I both agree and disagree, I think that if you go to almost any college campus across the country that has at least a certain number of students, the talent is there in sheer numbers. I do agree that the talent at schools like say USC, Arizona State, UCLA (or any California big school), would be way higher... but at any school with a high number of students there are hundreds of prime choice cutlets who are total sport groupies to keep a young recruit warm at night
It's a fallacy. The mix is pretty much the same everywhere. The only thing different is that the advertising is easier when the weather is warmer. I don't buy into that Beach Boys California Girls stuff!

pj

Reaction Score
In the 1950s the Beach Boys were right - California had more talent. Not now.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I believe, thank God, no. Thursday and Friday visit was my understanding.

If he went to a Wisconsin game in Madison we do not want him going to the rent with any expectations especially this year! :eek:

Too bad - he would have seen how team chemistry and cohesiveness greatly increases chances at Victory!
Good life lesson for the young man missed...

:)

Reaction Score
Too bad - he would have seen how team chemistry and cohesiveness greatly increases chances at Victory!
Good life lesson for the young man missed...

:)

Finally! ;)

If you bet on it though you're a better man than I.

Reaction Score
Diamond Stone Enjoys UConn, Wisconsin Trips; No Decision Date Set

“UConn was nice, it was a good visit,” Curtis said. “It was his second time out there, he had done an unofficial. It was nice to get in-depth look at the new practice facility which was just being built the first time we went up there. We saw the guys practicing and spent some quality time with Coach Ollie and his staff and the players, so it was a really good visit.”

UConn is coming off an NCAA championship and also has a track record of sending big men to the NBA, most recently Andre Drummond.

“Well, that would be very appealing for anybody in a situation like that to have an opportunity to follow in some footsteps and also have an opportunity to learn from a coach who spent 13,14 seasons in the NBA,” Curtis said.

Reaction Score
It's a fallacy. The mix is pretty much the same everywhere. The only thing different is that the advertising is easier when the weather is warmer. I don't buy into that Beach Boys California Girls stuff!
I agree UConn student body has some very hot chicks. VERY....:) Comparatively speaking.

The Spirit Squad at UCLA though can be beyond impressive on any given year.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Just not true fleud. Where the weather is better and, importantly, the academic requirements dip, the talent level increases substantially from a looks perspective. Arizona, Arizona St. FSU, Florida, Texas, USC, etc would crush every single school in the North East. By a country mile.

Reaction Score
I think you have the most concerning screen name. It reads like Chap and sounds illegal!
If I remember correctly from back in the day, it is MA-UConn-Fan, with the "MA" standing for Massachusetts. Everyone always read it as "Mau" and it stuck. Correct, Mau?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lurkmore

Top Bottom