Hoopgurlz updated 2019 rankings | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Hoopgurlz updated 2019 rankings

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Coco I greatly appreciate your concern for my welfare......watching what's gone on during the past 12 months specifically has been one hell of a roller coaster ride...and I love roller coaster rides..I just don't like the part when the car sits at the precipice just before the big drop..
You can't have your cake and eat it too or however that saying goes.
upload_2018-4-26_20-13-35.png

Reaction Score
Somehow I missed this from February:

The UConn women’s basketball team has been to the Final Four each of the past 10 seasons, winning six National Championships.

Saturday, the undefeated and top-ranked Aquinas High School girls basketball team will face one of UConn’s recruits in 5-foot-11 sophomore guard Caitlin Clark.

Along with UConn, Clark is also being recruited by Notre Dame. It’s a game Donarski says he doesn’t have to do much as a coach to get his team psyched up.

“I’m happy to say they’re very much bought in and from a competitive standpoint, they know who Caitlin Clark is,” he said. “You have a kid that’s being recruited from UConn and Notre Dame, some of the greatest schools in the country for women’s basketball. We’ll be amped up.”

Undefeated, top-ranked Aquinas faces team with UConn recruit Saturday

I've never seen any reports that UConn was scouting Clark although they certainly should have if there was mutual interest..........I always assumed she was the most likely of the three great 2020 point guards to end up at ND simply based on geography and her strong religious beliefs............I even tried to broker a deal with Dillon where ND would take Clark and UConn would take Bueckers.........not sure if that is factual or simply supposition on the part of the writer

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I've never seen any reports that UConn was scouting Clark although they certainly should have if there was mutual interest.....I always assumed she was the most likely of the three great 2020 point guards to end up at ND simply based on geography and her strong religious beliefs..I even tried to broker a deal with Dillon where ND would take Clark and UConn would take Bueckers....not sure if that is factual or simply supposition on the part of the writer
Does this qualify as the more information you were asking for? Does it make you feel better?

Reaction Score
Does this qualify as the more information you were asking for? Does it make you feel better?

I would be thrilled if it was factual.............it's really out of left field so as you could imagine I'm a bit skeptical..............

From Des Moines Register Feb 2018

Dowling Catholic practices and games draw Division I scouts. Coach Kristin Meyer said seven of the top 10 nationally ranked teams have watched her. At a home game against powerhouse Bishop Miege of Shawnee Mission, Kansas, about a dozen coaches sat in the bleachers of the West Des Moines school

A who's-who of women's colleges have contacted the Clark family or made the trek to the West Des Moines school: Iowa, Iowa State and Drake, along with coaches of top-10 teams Notre Dame, Oregon and UCLA.

Last edited:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
From Coco:
A: Absolutely! I have been beating the drum for a while now for Kennedy Brown and from everything I see she going to be a player. Neither ND nor UCONN is on Kennedy's list but IMO she will do very well at either place.
More recently I've been beating another drum for Aijha Blackwell thanks to a post from @donalddoowop back in January. It also may be time to revisit some of the usual suspects that remain at the top of the ranking but are still uncommitted. Rickea Jackson and Brea Beal and Kierstan Bell would make any program better.[/QUOTE]

- Kennedy Brown: You've brought her up and I've watched a number of clips and like what I see, but you're right: I've seen no "mutual interest" between she and ND at all. My gut is that MM thinks Danielle Cosgrove will fill this kind of role.

-
Rickea Jackson and Brea Beal and Kierstan Bell. No argument here. Interesting that none of these players seem to be on the "A" list for the Irish, who usually recruit the Midwest (and Mid-Atlantic) hard. Irish went to see Brea Beal, but have not seen anything after that. Bell has taken an unofficial to South Bend (like OSU) and is now taking officials to further-away schools. Not sure anything will take place there. Nothing ever happened with Jackson. Think the "A" target is, of course, Jones and the "B"might've been Diamond Miller, who stayed closer to NJ home at Maryland. Plan "B" might now be 202o. Luckily, the Irish have Jackie Young until then.

Reaction Score
From Coco:
A: Absolutely! I have been beating the drum for a while now for Kennedy Brown and from everything I see she going to be a player. Neither ND nor UCONN is on Kennedy's list but IMO she will do very well at either place.
More recently I've been beating another drum for Aijha Blackwell thanks to a post from @donalddoowop back in January. It also may be time to revisit some of the usual suspects that remain at the top of the ranking but are still uncommitted. Rickea Jackson and Brea Beal and Kierstan Bell would make any program better.

- Kennedy Brown: You've brought her up and I've watched a number of clips and like what I see, but you're right: I've seen no "mutual interest" between she and ND at all. My gut is that MM thinks Danielle Cosgrove will fill this kind of role.

-
Rickea Jackson and Brea Beal and Kierstan Bell. No argument here. Interesting that none of these players seem to be on the "A" list for the Irish, who usually recruit the Midwest (and Mid-Atlantic) hard. Irish went to see Brea Beal, but have not seen anything after that. Bell has taken an unofficial to South Bend (like OSU) and is now taking officials to further-away schools. Not sure anything will take place there. Nothing ever happened with Jackson. Think the "A" target is, of course, Jones and the "B"might've been Diamond Miller, who stayed closer to NJ home at Maryland. Plan "B" might now be 202o. Luckily, the Irish have Jackie Young until then. [/QUOTE]

I also have been keeping an eye on Brown and hopeful Baylor lands her. She could really fill the voids of Brown and Cox as Cox will be a Sr when she is a freshman and after Cox's jump from Freshman year to Sophomore year I think she could be a great leader for her.

Bell is also another favorite of mine.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I think Oregon St. is another school Kennedy Brown is looking at. Based on the development of Hamblin and Gulich, Corvallis seems like a good choice for any post player.

Reaction Score
I think Oregon St. is another school Kennedy Brown is looking at. Based on the development of Hamblin and Gulich, Corvallis seems like a good choice for any post player.

Won't y'all have several on the roster 6'4 or taller?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Won't y'all have several on the roster 6'4 or taller?

3 players on the roster for next season 6-7 or taller (that might be some kind of record), 1 Sr. and 2 Fr. I think Brown is in a different mold than the 2 incoming Fr.

Baylor has been known to stockpile post players haven't they?

Reaction Score
3 players on the roster for next season 6-7 or taller (that might be some kind of record), 1 Sr. and 2 Fr. I think Brown is in a different mold than the 2 incoming Fr.

Baylor has been known to stockpile post players haven't they?

Yes and no and I didn't mean anything by the question. As we are stocked at the 3-4 position. Could deff use another true center. In the 2019 or 2020 class.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom