Hoopgurlz 2018 Rankings Updated | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Hoopgurlz 2018 Rankings Updated

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Don't get too excited....Aquino is going to need quite a bit of work to become an impact player at the major college level...

See Hamblin. She was a like a zero star recruit coming out of high school, from some tiny village up north in British Columbia that you can't even find on a map. I'm not too worried about Aquino becoming an impact player.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Based on the way projects like Ruth Hamblin and Marie Gulich developed, I'm excited to see how Aquino will do in Corvallis. I believe they have a 6-8 juco transfer that will be joining the team next year, so in '18-'19 they could have a twin towers.
Oregon state has 6'8" Joanna Grymek 3rd Team AA from JUCO coming in also. Grymek and Aquino will only overlap for 1 year at OSU however.
Womens Basketball: 6’8 Center Joanna Grymek Commits to Oregon St

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Oregon state has 6'8" Joanna Grymek 3rd Team AA from JUCO coming in also. Grymek and Aquino will only overlap for 1 year at OSU however.
Womens Basketball: 6’8 Center Joanna Grymek Commits to Oregon St

Yes, by next year I was referring to the '17-'18 season, and I realize the two really tall players will only overlap by 1 year. Thanks for the link.

edited--according to that article she has 3 years of eligibility remaining, only played one season of juco ball

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
OK, got it. Gulic/Grymek will overlap one year and then Grymek/Aquino will overlap one year. They'll have plenty of size for the foreseeable future.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
You feel that way because you don't want to see her at Baylor. :p

I think Smith and Egbo end up at Baylor as a package deal. That would sure make the Big 12 interesting for a few years. Not sure how a McCoy transfer to Baylor could affect their decision, though. I have that same feeling about McCoy and Kim has plenty of scholarships to let sis tag along.
Well, no McCoy to worry about now.

Baylor's depth chart in the frontcourt does lend itself to signing one or two 2018 recruits who don't mind backing up Kalani Brown for one year and Lauren Cox for two years. There's gonna be competition no matter what at most programs.

Maybe Nalyssa and Queen both end at Baylor. I've just had the feeling for a while that both end up out of state at different schools.

Queen Egbo is such an interesting prospect to me. Her rebounding abilities and stats are just unreal. She might be a little undersized to play Center in college, so not sure where she is best suited in college. She's definitely not a stretch four player. But, she runs the floor very well. And, her ability to block shots definitely makes her a defensive presence in the paint.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Well, no McCoy to worry about now.

Baylor's depth chart in the frontcourt does lend itself to signing one or two 2018 recruits who don't mind backing up Kalani Brown for one year and Lauren Cox for two years. There's gonna be competition no matter what at most programs.

Maybe Nalyssa and Queen both end at Baylor. I've just had the feeling for a while that both end up out of state at different schools.

Queen Egbo is such an interesting prospect to me. Her rebounding abilities and stats are just unreal. She might be a little undersized to play Center in college, so not sure where she is best suited in college. She's definitely not a stretch four player. But, she runs the floor very well. And, her ability to block shots definitely makes her a defensive presence in the paint.

Thanks for the footage. She looks taller than 6-2 to me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom