HOLY TOLEDO! Offensive Coordinator Brian Wright | The Boneyard

HOLY TOLEDO! Offensive Coordinator Brian Wright

Reaction Score
I was going to put this in the OC thread but this guy looks special and I didn't want it to get buried. Rutgers was looking at Wright as well but for some reason is no longer. He spent 4 years at FAU so has spent plenty of time in FL to land recruits there. Worth taking a closer look.

His track record and resume look impressive - He made $146,000 at Toledo last year. Broyles Award Nominee

Toledo Offensive Coordinator Brian Wright Nominated for Broyles Award
Toledo+Rockets1.jpg

By UT |
Posted: Sun 9:37 PM, Nov 12, 2017

University of Toledo offensive coordinator Brian Wright has been named a nominee for the 2017 Broyles Award, which honors the top assistant football coach in the NCAA Division I-FBS.
A total of 56 nominees were chosen from among more than 1,500 assistant coaches on 129 FBS programs. An 18-member selection committee of distinguished former head coaches, along with a committee representing the Football Writers Association of America will select 15 semi-finalists and five finalists from the list of nominees and an overall winner. Those finalists will be invited to travel to Little Rock, Ark. where the 2017 Broyles Award winner will be announced on Tuesday, December 5 at the Marriott Hotel.

Wright is in his second year as the offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach at Toledo and his 23rd season overall in the college football coaching ranks. This season he is guiding an 8-2 Rocket team whose offense that ranks first in the Mid-American Conference in total offense and passing offense. Toledo senior quarterback Logan Woodside leads the MAC in passing yards and total offense. In 2016 Wright guided one of the nation's most explosive offenses, helping the Rockets attain a 9-4 record and a berth in the Raycom Media Camellia Bowl. Toledo shattered school records for total offense (517.8 ypg) and passing offense (322.8 ypg).

University of Toledo Athletics - Mobile - Staff Directory

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
You had me until you said Broyles.

No seriously, seems like a good candidate. I want a three year contract with a clause that as long as Edsall is here he cannot leave within the AAC. After three years I would expect him to leave. Considering the pay raise I would think he would accept.

Reaction Score
You had me until you said Broyles.

No seriously, seems like a good candidate. I want a three year contract with a clause that as long as Edsall is here he cannot leave within the AAC. After three years I would expect him to leave. Considering the pay raise I would think he would accept.

Brian Write up close - His style is no huddle and playing fast!

Reaction Score
This is a message board. You’re not selling us Shamwow here.

No but I and many others have put up with bad football through a lot of coaches for way too long. (I know I liked Diaco, please tell me again) I will remain a loyal fan to the end. If I can bring awareness to some die hard fans about a coach that could help us, I will because I care and am tired of getting beat.
By the way whether you like it or not, this thread has received 415 views so far. About 400 fans know about a potentially great replacement for Lashlee. Just trying to support the effort.

Reaction Score
No but I and many others have put up with bad football through a lot of coaches (I know I liked Diaco, please tell me again) I will remain a loyal fan to the end. If I can bring awareness to some die hard fans about a coach that could help us, I will because I care and am tired of getting beat.
By the way whether you like it or not, this thread has received 415 views so far. About 400 fans know about a potentially great replacement for Lashlee. Just trying to support the effort.
Lol misleading people because the ends of 400 views justify those means

Tell your Marketing 230 buddies you did a good job this weekend when you see them in lecture

Reaction Score
I hate marketers. Pseudoscience plagues the industry and common sense is nowhere to be found.

Reaction Score
Lol misleading people because the ends of 400 views justify those means

Tell your Marketing 230 buddies you did a good job this weekend when you see them in lecture

The boneyard has some pretty sharp people that intimately know this program. I guarantee you 100% when a new OC is announced some really tuned in posters will get the scoop before me. Those folks know the Diff between a lead and a closed deal. Take it easy.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The boneyard has some pretty sharp people that intimately know this program. I guarantee you 100% when a new OC is announced some really tuned in posters will get the scoop before me. Those folks no the Diff between a lead and a closed deal. Take it easy.
Please, bud. You helped nobody by using a frankly and purposefully misleading thread title. Oh and you did it because “marketing” lmao

Reaction Score
I hate marketers. Pseudoscience plagues the industry and common sense is nowhere to be found.

That's why I like Mike Aresco's P6 message. He's a true marketeer and what is needed to bring awareness to an emerging athletic conference. You probably don't like him either.

Reaction Score

Me too, and I have a market research background. I’ve had to talk down a lot of marketing execs who wanted take a “directional” finding not fully supported by data and make mutli-million decisions based on it.

Reaction Score
Me too, and I have a market research background. I’ve had to talk down a lot of marketing execs who wanted take a “directional” finding not fully supported by data and make mutli-million decisions based on it.
Every marketer I've ever met is just so obviously winging it. Some hide it better than others but you can always tell. I'm sure there are good ones out there but I haven't met one yet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom