HOLY TOLEDO! Offensive Coordinator Brian Wright | Page 2 | The Boneyard

HOLY TOLEDO! Offensive Coordinator Brian Wright

Reaction Score
This board is brutal but sometimes headlines make more sense in your head than in practice. Think the guy at ESPN, who wrote the Chink in the Armor line about Jeremy Lin and the Knicks. No bueno.

Reaction Score
I was going to put this in the OC thread but this guy looks special and I didn't want it to get buried. Rutgers was looking at Wright as well but for some reason is no longer. He spent 4 years at FAU so has spent plenty of time in FL to land recruits there. Worth taking a closer look.

His track record and resume look impressive - He made $146,000 at Toledo last year. Broyles Award Nominee

Toledo Offensive Coordinator Brian Wright Nominated for Broyles Award
Toledo+Rockets1.jpg

By UT |
Posted: Sun 9:37 PM, Nov 12, 2017

University of Toledo offensive coordinator Brian Wright has been named a nominee for the 2017 Broyles Award, which honors the top assistant football coach in the NCAA Division I-FBS.
A total of 56 nominees were chosen from among more than 1,500 assistant coaches on 129 FBS programs. An 18-member selection committee of distinguished former head coaches, along with a committee representing the Football Writers Association of America will select 15 semi-finalists and five finalists from the list of nominees and an overall winner. Those finalists will be invited to travel to Little Rock, Ark. where the 2017 Broyles Award winner will be announced on Tuesday, December 5 at the Marriot Hotel.

Wright is in his second year as the offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach at Toledo and his 23rd season overall in the college football coaching ranks. This season he is guiding an 8-2 Rocket team whose offense that ranks first in the Mid-American Conference in total offense and passing offense. Toledo senior quarterback Logan Woodside leads the MAC in passing yards and total offense. In 2016 Wright guided one of the nation's most explosive offenses, helping the Rockets attain a 9-4 record and a berth in the Raycom Media Camellia Bowl. Toledo shattered school records for total offense (517.8 ypg) and passing offense (322.8 ypg).

University of Toledo Athletics - Mobile - Staff Directory
Looks like a possibility if he can recruit.

Reaction Score
That's why I like Mike Aresco's P6 message. He's a true marketeer and what is needed to bring awareness to an emerging athletic conference. You probably don't like him either.

It’s no coincidence that you liked one of the best marketers around. Some bull sheet arteest that can piss on your leg and convince you it’s raining. I’ll let you guess who it is with a hint: his first name rhymes with “Lob” and his last name rhymes with “Biaco”.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It’s no coincidence that you liked one of the best marketers around. Some bull sheet arteest that can piss on your leg and convince you it’s raining. I’ll let you guess who it is with a hint: his first name rhymes with “Lob” and his last name rhymes with “Biaco”.

Well he can convince you it’s raining if you are dumb enough to ignore reality.

Reaction Score

Things didn't work out and Diaco's gone . I've moved on and am looking forward, hoping UCONN gets out of this death spiral. Being a UCONN fan is tough enough. If you want to remain stuck in negativity that's your choice.

Scott Frost's UCF team went from 0-12 to 13-0 in two years. Time for everyone to stop making excuses. My only focus is to see UCONN become successful. We lost an excellent coach in Rhett Lashlee but no one coach leaving should break us.
Looks like there are a number of quality choices. I'm hoping and praying that Edsall picks the right guy. Brian Wright seems like the kind of OC that would make a great replacement for Lashlee.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Sorry, I'm a marketing guy. Purpose is to draw attention. It's called the AIDA formula.

ATTENTION
INTEREST
DESIRE
ACTION
Well, that's certainly more civil than "If it bleeds, it leads" from journalism.

Reaction Score
Except the KISS principle is far more appropriate!
The KISS principle is germane and applicable to just about everything in life.

Btw, do we want to distinguish between marketing and sales? Two different functions are they not?

Reaction Score
The KISS principle is germane and applicable to just about everything in life.

Btw, do we want to distinguish between marketing and sales? Two different functions are they not?

The essentials of marketing involve the 4 P's.

PRODUCT
PRICE
PROMOTION
PLACE or channels of distribution

Sales fall under PLACE. There are a variety of ways to sell a product or service. Direct, retail, on line, etc.

You are correct in making a distinction between marketing and sales. Technically this thread isn't selling Brian Wright it is PROMOTING him. Google Brian Wright UCONN and this thread shows up.

No question I was promoting Wright as a qualified candidate for UCONN Offensive coordinator. If some have a problem with that, I don't know what to say.

I've been one of the biggest supporters of the American athletic conference on this and other blogs since it's inception. My position is generally upbeat as opposed to negative. I apply optimism to all areas of life and it has paid dividends.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
the majority of marketing is a bunch of sociopaths trying to get people to spend money they don't have on crap they don't need.
Why do you hate America?

Reaction Score
Why do you hate America?
I would substitute the word people for sociopath, but I pretty much agree with JMick. His view is the engineering view, I can tell you that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awy

Top Bottom