Holly Breaking the Wrong Records | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Holly Breaking the Wrong Records

Reaction Score
thanks for the LOL

so many negative comments now but it should also be noted that Holly's shortcomings have been there from the start yet posters have turned away from en masse only in the last couple of years.....

3 or 4 years into her tenure you couldn't say a bad word about her for fear of being slapped down by Vol Nation

I am into loyalty, but you also have to see the forest from the trees

She is a living link to Pat Summitt, who chose Warlick as her successor. I can understand why people might think criticizing Warlick is by extension criticizing Pat Summitt and that will not be tolerated. And as you say that blinds people from seeing things as they truly are.

Reaction Score
I am a die hard Tennessee fan to my core. This is the first and last time I will comment on this.

In holly’s 7 years I have never said I word. I have always given the benefit of the doubt. I have always kept my mouth shut and let it all play out. NO MORE. There has GOT to be a change. It brings me to tears what has happened. These girls come from all over to restore the brand. The love for Tennessee is still there in the fans it still there in the girls and I know it’s in there from Holly but she is not the right person. Game plans, offensive sets, I could go on. I love Tennessee. It has everything in place for it be successful but a head coaching change must be made.

Again I have not commented ever on this situation until now. My frustration has turned away and it has turned into “hey if we lose it’ll help us get a new coach”.

Reaction Score
I am a die hard Tennessee fan to my core. This is the first and last time I will comment on this.

In holly’s 7 years I have never said I word. I have always given the benefit of the doubt. I have always kept my mouth shut and let it all play out. NO MORE. There has GOT to be a change. It brings me to tears what has happened. These girls come from all over to restore the brand. The love for Tennessee is still there in the fans it still there in the girls and I know it’s in there from Holly but she is not the right person. Game plans, offensive sets, I could go on. I love Tennessee. It has everything in place for it be successful but a head coaching change must be made.

Again I have not commented ever on this situation until now. My frustration has turned away and it has turned into “hey if we lose it’ll help us get a new coach”.

My sympathy to you and other diehard LV fans ... it must be very tough.... hey and as you have suggested in your last sentence... perhaps help is on its way...

Reaction Score
An interesting question. There aren't many test cases. There is simply a much shorter history of women's NCAA basketball than men's. I think with Tennessee we can answer no. Geno and Tara have been at their respective schools for a long time, it remains to be seen what happens when they retire. Schools like ODU and Louisiana Tech faded after early success. Texas and USC were powers in the early years of NCAA, that didn't last. Maybe a few others. Georgia?

I think Stanford may be in a better position to survive the passing of the torch after a legend retires than most schools. It's a highly attractive school for both coaches and players. It's apples and oranges perhaps, but their women's volleyball program has thrived for several decades. 3 different coaches have won a NCAA National Championship there starting in '92, and 2 of those coaches won multiple Titles (4 and 3 respectively). The third coach has only been there 2 years and already got another banner to hang for the school.

Is Stanford a "powerhouse program?" They are a very good program, but they haven't won a title in over two decades and they don't have frequent appearances in the Final Four over the last decade.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Is Stanford a "powerhouse program?" They are a very good program, but they haven't won a title in over two decades and they don't have frequent appearances in the Final Four over the last decade.

I keep seeing this. What the heck are people talking about? Only UConn has more Final 4 appearances in that time frame. 5 straight FF starting in '08 including 2 Championship Game appearances, and 2 more in the last 5 years. That's more than Notre Dame. Nobody else is remotely close.

(okay, that's 11 years, one more than a decade, but the point still stands)

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Cabbie Love your post but I disagree.... I have always believed that the coach is in total control of the program.... and he/she dictates everything that goes on in that program in practice and in games....

In your scenario, when the team gave up ... or it appeared so.... those players should have been given an express ticket to the end of the bench.... and it wouldn't matter who replaced them... the important thing would have been to send a message that the coaching does not tolerate such passive play.... that is what Pat would have done... but rarely do i see holly disciplining players.... in my mind it is one of the reasons the players feel they rule the show and can walk all over her

No disagreement from me. In the current situation, both players and staff need to take a close look in the mirror, but as you indicated, ultimately the coach is responsible for the end product.

Reaction Score
Yes Cabbie any way you look at it.... Tennessee is in critical time.... ordinarily they could hide behind the history and what Pat built and Holly's getting good players in there and 75 percent winning percentage...

but 4 losses in a row to lesser teams is a 5 alarm fire.... hope for their sake they can figure it out

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom