HOF - Ray? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

HOF - Ray?

Reaction Score
Please make a list of players who played solid to leading roles on teams that went to 3 Final Fours and won 2 rings. Then tell me how many aren't in the HOF. Smh
Now with the help of Google!: Sidney Wicks, Walt Hazzard, Bobby Hurley!
I think Hurley ends the argument. More important to a couple of those teams than Hill was and not in HOF.
Mic dropped

Reaction Score
You clearly are misreading what I'm saying, since that's not what I mean by peak, and usually not what people who use the work peak performance mean. "Players reach their peak" means they hit the level--usually sustained for a few years--that represents their best performance. The level Hill hit at 27 likely would have continued for another 3-4 years.

If you want some data:

I asked you to cite me specific examples, not cite a Reddit post grouping numerous players together.

The part of the post you actually wrote yourself is irrelevant and quite frankly talking out both sides of your mouth.

Reaction Score
I asked you to cite me specific examples, not cite a Reddit post grouping numerous players together.

The part of the post you actually wrote yourself is irrelevant and quite frankly talking out both sides of your mouth.
You asked for evidence of something I never said. Grant Hill's 27 year (26ppg on 50.1 eFG%, 6.5rpg, 5apg) was both his best statistical (you can argue that 23 or 24 year old season, but let's say 27) season, and, given historical precedent, likely his plateau. It was a great season. It wasn't a Top 15 type season. Whatever it is you are trying to argue with me is irrelevant, because that was the conversation at hand.

Despite that, I gave you a statistical analysis--that looked at players' peaks and if you clicked the link gave details on 71 players--that analyzed when players hit their peak. 27 was, on average, their peak: a peak that, per my actual argument rather than the one you invented for me, would suggest Hill was a great, but not Top 15 player all time.

Given this, I am uninterested in continuing this conversation.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
"Basketball" HOF, not "NBA" HOF.
Grant Hill - 3 final fours and two rings while at Duke. That's the difference.
Ridiculous to us, to be sure, and probably political, but not as big of an insult when you consider that Hill was one of the best collegians of modern times.

There is a separate College Basketball Hall of Fame

But yes, the HoF in Springfield has members that were not NBA starts but those were foreign Olympians, coaches, officials and front office.
Not sure there are any college stars that didn't play NBA or had a lackluster NBA career enshrined - could be wrong

Getting back to Ray - I feel he deserves a spot in Springfield and it will come soon

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score

But yes, the HoF in Springfield has members that were not NBA starts but those were foreign Olympians, coaches, officials and front office.
Not sure there are any college stars that didn't play NBA or had a lackluster NBA career enshrined - could be wrong

Getting back to Ray - I feel he deserves a spot in Springfield and it will come soon

What about all the women, last I checked a woman hasn't played in the NBA yet.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
What about all the women, last I checked a woman hasn't played in the NBA yet.
You are correct - women are in there also
SHAME on me

Reaction Score
You asked for evidence of something I never said. Grant Hill's 27 year (26ppg on 50.1 eFG%, 6.5rpg, 5apg) was both his best statistical (you can argue that 23 or 24 year old season, but let's say 27) season, and, given historical precedent, likely his plateau. It was a great season. It wasn't a Top 15 type season. Whatever it is you are trying to argue with me is irrelevant, because that was the conversation at hand.

Despite that, I gave you a statistical analysis--that looked at player's peak your and if you clicked the link gave details on 71 players--that analyzed when players their peak. 27 was, on average, their peak: a peak that, per my actual argument rather than the one you invented for me, would suggest Hill was a great, but not Top 15 player all time.

Given this, I am uninterested in continuing this conversation.

Hill sustaining his age 27 year for several years puts him in the discussion as a top 15-20 guy all time.

Again though, I asked you to cite specific examples to back up what you had said. Specific examples =/= compilation of an average.

Just trying to be quick and to the point here. It's unnecessary to write any more at length, you can either provide examples of individuals that back up your statement or you can't.

Reaction Score

The Boston radio show that simulcasts in the morning on NBC Boston Sports reported via a conversation with Ray that he's going to be at the final 4 and has a "great shot" (pun intended I think) of being in this HoF class.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
it’s not even like we’re dealing with anyone who is close to Christian Laettner levels of tooldom...

But Hill played with Laetner, so he looked like an even nicer guy by comparison to the piece of equine dung standing next to him.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
He got in. We are done here.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I forced myself to read through this discussion and my head is sore.
Bottom line, you can't ignore the injury and the diminished game thereafter. It happened, it's history. You can't play 'what if'. Gotta go with actual performance.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom