History of UConn Away Game Attendance | Page 3 | The Boneyard

History of UConn Away Game Attendance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Took wife and daughter to Vanderbilt. We had a great time. If it wasn't for witnessing the beginning of the end, it would be a much more positive memory. To this day I can't get Pasqualoni's look of confusion at the end of that game out of my head. We stayed at that Marriot overlooking the field. Watched the great ending to ND-Michigan in the lobby bar with bunch of UConn fans. Great spot. Have told my buddies I think it is a good cheap way to go see an SEC matchup.

Detroit and Charlotte proved to me you do not need a great setting to have a good time at a bowl game. We went with our season ticket crew to both and had a blast a both.

Reaction Score
2004: BC, Cuse & Motor City Bowl
2005: Army
2006: Rutgers & Cuse
2007: Duke, Virginia, WVU & Car Car Bowl
2008: RU, Cuse, USF & International Bowl
2009: Ohio, ND, Papa John's Bowl
2010: Michigan, Temple, Rutgers, Louisville, Cuse, USF & Fiesta Bowl
2011: Vandy, Buffalo, WVU, Pitt & Cinci
2012: Maryland, Western Michigan, Rutgers, Cuse, USF & Louisville
2013: Buffalo, Cinci, UCF, SMU & Temple
2014: USF, Tulane, ECU, Army, & Memphis
This season I plan to make all of the road games again.

Best wins for me were ND, USF in 2010, and Louisville in 2012.
I don't really hang out on the campuses too much when I go to the games, but I thought UCF had a nice campus. Their stadium is all metal bleachers which doesn't look great, but it was loud when their fans started stomping on it. For me Tulane was the best destination. The best stadium atmospheres of all the away games were at Army, ND, WVU, and Michigan. The fans were probably most in to the game at WVU.

Reaction Score
How's this for an unusual list of games attended.

Attended UConn FB games in Atlanta, Birmingham, Charlotte, Nashville, Memphis, Orlando and Tampa.

Have never seen a game in East Hartford.

Reaction Score
Jarhead_1775 said:
Cuse x2, rutty, usf, temple x2, md, pitt, Michigan. Maryland was favorite trip. Great day, great game. Temple in the monsoon was the worst. Worst college football environment ever.
I'll reply to myself. Add every bowl game to the list.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Forgot @BC. Took the 'UConn fan bus' from Manchester commuter lot...

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score

Attended UConn FB games in Atlanta, Birmingham, Charlotte, Nashville, Memphis, Orlando and Tampa.

You must live in Fairfield County.

Reaction Score

...why?

Reaction Score
Not too many, but my first away game was at the Yale Bowl in 1990 I think. Beyond that - Charlotte, Glendale and Yankee Stadium.

Strangely enough, I am thinking about going to Boise in 2018.

Reaction Score
Not too many, but my first away game was at the Yale Bowl in 1990 I think. Beyond that - Charlotte, Glendale and Yankee Stadium.

Strangely enough, I am thinking about going to Boise in 2018.
That's why you're homeking not awayking LOL LOL

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Best by far was the USF game in Tampa to go to the Fiesta Bowl.

Worst? Tied for the UNC game at Chapel Hill and the Louisville slaughter in 2010.

Looking to go to Tulane and UCF this year.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Mizzou this year, probably Temple as well... could not swing two flights to make BYU :(

Motor City, Mieneke and Fiesta bowls...

Away games include ND, Michigan, Maryland, Temple, Army in Yankee Stadium. Need to start seeing the conference teams away... next year I may plan a full slate, all games home and away.

Reaction Score
Motor City Bowl
Meineke Bowl
Papa John's Bowl
Fiesta Bowl
Army West Point
Army (NYC)
Temple
BC
Rutgers (2)
USF
all of the 3 wins memorable with South Carolina the best.

Reaction Score
rutgers, maryland, and syracuse. i havent had much interest or the time to travel for the new aac teams. hate confrence realignment, it is really ruining my love for college football.

Reaction Score
...why?

All of the games attended, except for the bowl game against SC, are a couple of hour drive or 1 hour flight from Birmingham, AL. I am a UConn alumnus but, have lived in Birmingham for 30 years and come North for a couple of weeks in the summer never in the Fall. Fall is too nice around here to leave, almost perfect golf weather and Bama games for my college FB.

Reaction Score
Never seen a football road game. But saw UConn hockey at Bentley (great fans and very good school; they hate us), Holy Cross (awesome seats), SHU (wtf @ Pioneers' logo; multiple games) and Quinnipiac. Does that count??

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Let's see....

Hofstra
UMass
BC
Vandy
Navy
Army
Michigan
Syracuse x 2
Charlotte (Car Care Bowl)

Was going great until kids starting arriving 3 years ago. Hopefully in a few years we'll get back to going to an away game with my two girls. For now, it's working on getting to more home games this season. Maybe by the time my girls are old enough to travel well we'll be in the B1G and I'll have better conference destinations to go to.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Let's see....

Hofstra
UMass
BC
Vandy
Navy
Army
Michigan
Syracuse x 2

Was going great until kids starting arriving 3 years ago. Hopefully in a few years we'll get back to going to an away game with my two girls. For now, it's working on getting to more home games this season. Maybe by the time my girls are old enough to travel well we'll be in the B1G and I'll have better conference destinations to go to.

They start playing sports and it gets worse.

Soccer league was looking for coaches last year and I was negotiating schedules with them. Sure I'll coach if you give me more 10:00 games and fewer 11:30.

Reaction Score
Now that my oldest is in high schools weekends are completely free. Other than during football season. He wasn't varsity last year so it didn't matter if I skipped his games. But with how hard he is working i would be shocked if he isn't on the field. And at that point it really isn't a decision at all.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Let's see....

Hofstra
UMass
BC
Vandy
Navy
Army
Michigan
Syracuse x 2

Same here. Mine will turn 4 and 2 in the midst of football season. I averaged 1.4 away games per year from 2004 until the fall my first was born. Since then it's been one game in 4 years. If we go to a bowl game this year, I will attend. Other than that, the only away game on my radar is UMass next year and that's a 20 minute drive for me. Then again I think I could swing a November USF or UCF game and pass it off as a family vacation......

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score

Soccer league was looking for coaches last year and I was negotiating schedules with them. Sure I'll coach if you give me more 10:00 games and fewer 11:30.

I used to be a youth soccer coach/parent. We played at 8:00 am in February. You'd think Dallas would be warm, but in early February we'd have temps that time of day in the 30's, with a 30 mph wind. The wind chill must have been near zero.

We also played afternoon games in August when it was 106 in the shade. Easily 120 on the field.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I used to be a youth soccer coach/parent. We played at 8:00 am in February. You'd think Dallas would be warm, but in early February we'd have temps that time of day in the 30's, with a 30 mph wind. The wind chill must have been near zero.

We also played afternoon games in August when it was 106 in the shade. Easily 120 on the field.

I can get from the field to my seat at the Rent in like 30-35 minutes. I just need to be out of there by 11:30 - dodged bullets last year but have a bad feeling it won't be as smooth this year.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score

This is what I hear but my wife is a soccer player and wants to coach the girls if they end up liking the sport. Those sound like Dad is off the hook to go to UConn games type words......oh how wrong I already know I am....:(

Reaction Score
Regular Season:
BC
'Cuse x2
Rutgers x2
Temple x2
UVA
ND
Michigan
East Carolina

Bowl Games:
Motor City Bowl