History of UConn Away Game Attendance | The Boneyard

History of UConn Away Game Attendance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Which games have you attended and where? In our 2 years in the AAC, have you been to any of the other stadiums? Which were your favorite/least favorite sites?

Reaction Score
Stood through the pouring rain in TAMPA last year. Sucked.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
God I love this place sometimes.

It rained in Tampa?

The UCF game was played on a glacier (admit I was inside) and the SMU game was played inside the arctic circle.

Call me when it rains that hard and it's 38 degrees.

Reaction Score
Stood through the pouring rain in TAMPA last year. Sucked.
Watching that game on TV was brutal. You're a hero. I think USF claimed like 45 k that game lol

Reaction Score
Which games have you attended and where? In our 2 years in the AAC, have you been to any of the other stadiums? Which were your favorite/least favorite sites?
Went to the Army game technically an away game but we had at least 65% of the fans. Sat hmmmm 30 feet up the first base line?

Reaction Score
Watching that game on TV was brutal. You're a hero. I think USF claimed like 45 k that game lol
Place was empty. I stood front row behind the Uconn bench all game. Stadium (band) seemed loud, but very small crowd as you would imagine. Went out on the town that night and had good time. So my night was salvaged. Still a disappointing loss.

Reaction Score
Place was empty. I stood front row behind the Uconn bench all game. Stadium (band) seemed loud, but very small crowd as you would imagine. Went out on the town that night and had good time. So my night was salvaged. Still a disappointing loss.
B5gdcOGCUAEv6qY.jpg
Upon further inspection it was like 29k. Still ludicrous.

Reaction Score
B5gdcOGCUAEv6qY.jpg
Upon further inspection it was like 29k. Still ludicrous.
Theres no way there was that many people there. It rained heavily my whole drove from Fort Myers, to Tampa (did 40 on the highway the whole way). And it didn't stop until well after the game had finished. I wouldn't even say half that number were in attendance.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I haven't been to that many road games. Only Rutgers, Maryland and Yankee Stadium. Been to 4 bowl games but I guess those are neutral site.

Reaction Score
I haven't been to that many road games. Only Rutgers, Maryland and Yankee Stadium. Been to 4 bowl games but I guess those are neutral site.
Only been to RU and Army. Need to make a road game this year. My true UConn sports roadtrip that is a most see is UConn UMD MSG though.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Only been to RU and Army. Need to make a road game this year. My true UConn sports roadtrip that is a most see is UConn UMD MSG though.

Taking a train to Manhattan is a road trip?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

I've been to a lot more away games for hoops, but I agree that MD game at the Garden should be great.

P.S. wasn't it you that by chance me and my old man sat next to at the UConn Rutgers hoop game in NJ two seasons ago?

Reaction Score
I've been to a lot more away games for hoops, but I agree that MD game at the Garden should be great.

P.S. wasn't it you that by chance me and my old man sat next to at the UConn Rutgers hoop game in NJ two seasons ago?
Ummm possibly. Did sit next a boneyarder's dad. Not a long shot considering that entire side of the arena was UConn fans.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Ummm possibly. Did sit next a boneyarder's dad. Not a long shot considering that entire side of the arena was UConn fans.

If memory serves we were the last row and I think you were the row in front of us. I think I recognized it was you based on your old user picture on here haha.

Reaction Score
If memory serves we were the last row and I think you were the row in front of us. I think I recognized it was you based on your old user picture on here haha.
Yes it was from that game. Good times haha. Happy it was my friend making the drive home in the snow storm after.

Reaction Score
Cuse x2, rutty, usf, temple x2, md, pitt, Michigan. Maryland was favorite trip. Great day, great game. Temple in the monsoon was the worst. Worst college football environment ever.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I'm sure I'm going to forget some but ECU, Army, Maryland, UNC, Michigan all come to mind... Detroit, Toronto, and Charlotte for bowls. Never made it to Rutgers even though my parents lived 40 minutes away... Now they are near Tampa, so I'm sure a USF game is in order. Still haven't decided which away games to go to this year.

Reaction Score
Been to Army twice, Charlotte, ND, Michigan,Maryland and UCF. All were great because of the experience and being with great company. But by far (for many reasons) ND was the absolute best.

Reaction Score
All Bowl Games

Yale :p, Rutgers, Cuse, Army, Temple, Louisville, Pitt, ND. Michigan.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
UCF in 2013-surprising disappointing. They have this courtyard esque tent city before the game, but is non existent post game. The walk up to the stadium is cool but the stadium itself is blahh.
USF in 2012-Pirate ship, good tailgating...crappy game. 13-6 clunker that should have had the Huskies winning 20 something to 6.
Syracuse in 2010-This was during the streak to the BCS. When they beat WVU 2 weeks before, i turned to my friend at the end of the game and said we were going to 'Cuse in 2 weeks. No debate from him, just a nod.
Syracuse in 2012-Not as much fun.
Michigan in 2010-Had been to the Big House prior to but this was different. Never thought I would see this day. Didn't make it to ND so for me, this was the cream of the crop.
Maryland in 2012-Lost my voice screaming what was described as the "angry U-C-O-N-N chant". Oh ...and they beat FHCRE. The tailgate was real good (great job by Ryan and Co)
Army at Yankee Stadium in 2014-Most know the details of this one.
Meineke Bowl in 2007-Split a room with couple of former players, had a great time and was put off by the overly nice Wake fans.
Fiesta Bowl 1/1/2011-UConn vs Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl. Seriously.....this did happen, look it up.
Went to a bunch of 1-AA games....but who cares.
Had rooms booked for the Mizzou game and UCF game this year but had to cancel the Mizzou plans. Hoping to still do the UCF game and will prob go to Philly for the Temple ----Bowl game clincher.

Reaction Score
I've been to all the bowl games.

Regular Season: Virginia, Maryland, Army, Rutgers, Michigan, Notre Dame, Temple, West Virginia, Ohio, Syracuse

Best overall experience: Notre Dame- anyone who was there knows, from the golf course tailgate to the post game in the stadium concourse just an amazing day

UVA gets an honorable mention for a great campus with very friendly fans. I'll definitely try and make it down there again sometime.

Reaction Score
I've been to Michigan, Maryland, West Virginia, Rutgers, Temple and Yankee Stadium (Army) plus the Car Care, Papa John, and Fiesta Bowls.

My favorite was probably Michigan. The sea of people in the upgraded stadium was crazy to witness. It was the largest attendance for a football game in history at the time. There was sky writting and they love their fight song (its seemingly the only chant they know).

The college bar scene was also really fun and the big UConn tailgate that was put together was pretty epic. It was an amazing experience.

Worst by far was Temple. Maybe 2k in attendance and tailgating was sitting in a half empty lot right next to the stadium where everyone looked angry to be there. We were next to the "student tailgate" which had maybe 20 people even though they were giving away free pizza and prizes to try to get people to come. I won tickets to a luxury box which is why I was there and the stadium itself is great but the entire experience was just kind of sad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc