Highlights v. Spanish Select Team 2 | The Boneyard

Highlights v. Spanish Select Team 2

Reaction Score
Spencer has some of that old man YMCA game in him when he gets in the lane.
Was thinking the exact same thing. Working at a slower and more methodical pace than everyone else but has the moves to still make you pay.

caw

Reaction Score
It appears from the limited sample this years team should be much better driving to the basket and while it doesn’t have the pure quick-triggers of Joes C and Hawk there is plenty of shooting for Hurley to work with.

Spencer reminds me a bit of a shorter version of Scheierman.

Reaction Score
Spencer's BBIQ is excellent.. Knows where to be--When to shoot- Type of shot needed-- When to pass.. Ball never stops once in his hands-- Either a high percentage shot goes up or he finds a teammate in their spot for one.. Looks like he's really enjoying Danny's offensive schemes and his new teammates.

Did notice in this set of highlights that Tristen and DC really seem to have a great vibe between them when TN has the ball in his hands.. Can see that combo being extremely difficult to defend when Tristen is controlling the ball.

Reaction Score
Spencer does all the small things to be really good on the court. Has great vision, sees the play developing ahead of time and does what it takes to create a play. He will slow down to force a double team so he can drop off a pass, his hesitation dribble is really good. He gets the front shoulder low for the turn to get a step, he’s a tremendous addition. And the fact he shoots it so good gives him the step as well, add that little mid fade away like a little Larry I can’t wait to watch him as a Husky!

Reaction Score
We all know how good Clingan is but to see how he seamlessly gets and puts the ball up without hesitation is amazing. Many 7 footers catch, bring the ball down, put it on the floor, and the defense factors in. The defense wasn’t there granted but Clingan looks even smoother with this move close in than last year. The other thing was on the 3 he shot it quickly in rhythm like a forward. Damn he’s good.

Reaction Score
We all know how good Clingan is but to see how he seamlessly gets and puts the ball up without hesitation is amazing. Many 7 footers catch, bring the ball down, put it on the floor, and the defense factors in. The defense wasn’t there granted but Clingan looks even smoother with this move close in than last year. The other thing was on the 3 he shot it quickly in rhythm like a forward. Damn he’s good.
That little left handed hook is indefensible because he doesn't bring it lower than shoulder height after he catches the pass, awesome

Reaction Score
The highlights are a lot of fun. They look fluid. Seems like a good place to be in August. Definitely looking forward to seeing them against good defense and how they play defense.

Reaction Score
Couple small things but big to me.

Samson Johnson had one offensive rebound where he missed the put back but it was still an impressive board. I mean, small samples but he looks good. If this kid makes that jump and is coming off our bench it's a huge difference.

Singare is #24 right? Only 2 things I saw his finsh off an excellent pass from Ball was confident and not raw. His dribble and hand off, pick set was solid and he seems to have some idea of the game or is learning fast. Small samples again but nice stuff for a guy we seem to be writing off a little.

And Ross - there's something special there. The ball fake and made 3, the steal getting in the passing lane like a jet and finishing was really nice.

Lot's to like about this team, will be fun to watch them mature. They may be scary by Feb-march.

Last edited:

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score

Samson Johnson had one offensive rebound where he missed the put back but it was still an impressive board. I mean, small samples but he looks good. If this kid makes that jump and is coming off our bench it's a huge difference.

Singare is #24 right? Only 2 things I saw his finsh off an excellent pass from Ball was confident and not raw. His dribble and hand off, pick set was solid and he seems to have some idea of the game or is learning fast. Small samples again but nice stuff for a guy we seem to be writing off a little.

And Ross - there's something special there. The ball fake and made 3, the steal getting in the passing line like a jet and finishing was really nice.

Lot's to like about this team, will be fun to watch them mature. They may be scary by Feb-march.
Amen to this. Won't be surprised at all if we see Singare emerge when the rockfights start in January if not sooner. Nice to have someone who may be more polished and tough than being given credit for.

If Danny gives the bench a chance to prove themselves and they respond they will indeed be scary.

I want this season to start even more than last year!

We will have to toughen up though losing Andre and Sanogo. The shooting of this team looks to have the loss of Hawk potentially covered.

Reaction Score
Used to frustrate the hell out of me with Thabeet. Would bring the ball down and give the D a chance to just whack at it.

Reaction Score
Someone can really eurostep.... is that Castle?
I feel like I am going to spend the early part of the season confused by Castle until I get used to the way he plays. He drives when I don't think he has an angle or a step but he just muscles his way into the paint or eurosteps around a guy. I love it but have no idea how he pulls it off.

Reaction Score
I feel like I am going to spend the early part of the season confused by Castle until I get used to the way he plays. He drives when I don't think he has an angle or a step but he just muscles his way into the paint or eurosteps around a guy. I love it but have no idea how he pulls it off.
He does an excellent job of reading the(his) defender.. Then makes his move.. As @husky429 says above.. He's got tons of moves to break his guy down..

Reaction Score
It appears from the limited sample this years team should be much better driving to the basket and while it doesn’t have the pure quick-triggers of Joes C and Hawk there is plenty of shooting for Hurley to work with.

Spencer reminds me a bit of a shorter version of Scheierman.
I see a better passing team. A more selfless team. And that is the byproduct of not having the bonafide, established stars. Last year I said before the tourney that nobody was going to touch us and I got killed for it. Folks, this team is better than last year's team.

Reaction Score

And Ross - there's something special there. The ball fake and made 3, the steal getting in the passing lane like a jet and finishing was really nice.

Keen observations. Singare and Ross both have exciting potential, and while Samson deserves his chance, I do wonder what Singare might have done in these three games with Samson's minutes. He really has a chance to be a defensive presence. Ross is a luxury item, given our perimeter strengths, but Singare might fill a desperate need should there be an injury at the center position.

Reaction Score
That little left handed hook is indefensible because he doesn't bring it lower than shoulder height after he catches the pass, awesome
I see a better passing team. A more selfless team. And that is the byproduct of not having the bonafide, established stars. Last year I said before the tourney that nobody was going to touch us and I got killed for it. Folks, this team is better than last year's team.
That’s a big statement because we won a national championship by basically steamrolling our opponents.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom