Highlights v. Spanish Select Team 2 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Highlights v. Spanish Select Team 2

Reaction Score
Reminds me, ironically of Steve Pikiell :)
Don’t think there’s any YouTube clips lol but he’s second from the left sitting on the wall here.
IMG_1596.jpeg

Source = Shock the World: UConn Basketball in the Calhoun Era

Reaction Score
I see a better passing team. A more selfless team. And that is the byproduct of not having the bonafide, established stars. Last year I said before the tourney that nobody was going to touch us and I got killed for it. Folks, this team is better than last year's team.
Last years team was very unselfish. Also we did win a Natty so while I have tons of enthusiasm for this years team- “better than last year” is a very very high bar. I’m planning on enjoying the season with hardware on my finger!

caw

Reaction Score
I see a better passing team. A more selfless team. And that is the byproduct of not having the bonafide, established stars. Last year I said before the tourney that nobody was going to touch us and I got killed for it. Folks, this team is better than last year's team.

The team lost three players who had an NBA level skills/attributes (Jackson's passing/athleticism, Hawkins movement/shooting, Sanogo's post game). Oddly those three also had glaring weaknesses which this years players may not have (TBD) in Jackson's shooting, Hawkins' dribbling/rim finishing and Sanogo's early season passing.

Individually I think the players on this team are more well rounded but the team may not have as many players that have NBA level skills/attributes that put the fear of god into other teams.

It's a long ways to go, but it is looking good.

Reaction Score
The team lost three players who had an NBA level skills/attributes (Jackson's passing/athleticism, Hawkins movement/shooting, Sanogo's post game). Oddly those three also had glaring weaknesses which this years players may not have (TBD) in Jackson's shooting, Hawkins' dribbling/rim finishing and Sanogo's early season passing.

Individually I think the players on this team are more well rounded but the team may not have as many players that have NBA level skills/attributes that put the fear of god into other teams.

It's a long ways to go, but it is looking good.
I hear you. But March success aint about NBA talent. If that was the case Duke and Kentucky would win every single year. I believe that we are going to be better and we are going to have at least two lottery picks too. But TN, DC, and AK will be better, and we had nobody like Castle last year on our team. And our bench will be significantly better if Samson is healthy. I love love love Ball and Ross. Dude, can't wait for this team to start playing.

Reaction Score
I hear you. But March success aint about NBA talent. If that was the case Duke and Kentucky would win every single year. I believe that we are going to be better and we are going to have at least two lottery picks too. But TN, DC, and AK will be better, and we had nobody like Castle last year on our team. And our bench will be significantly better if Samson is healthy. I love love love Ball and Ross. Dude, can't wait for this team to start playing.

All of our championship teams (and our better non-champ teams) have NBA talent.

Yeah we probably don't want a team of 5 one-and-dones every year like Cal because experience matters in big games and those guys have ego out the wazoo.

But we're kidding ourselves if we think having the most talented roster isn't a good thing most of the time. Recruit the RIGHT 5* talent, mix it in with a bunch of 2/3 and dones, and we have a recipe for success.

Also our bench isn't going to be better than last year. That's ridiculous. Our bench is deep with totally unproven freshman.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom