Highlight of the night? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Highlight of the night?

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
"To register a successful blocked shot, you must primarily hit the ball If there is incidental contact between the shot blocker and the shooter after the block, then the referee will not call a foul. That contact must come as the player is in the downward portion of the jump."
Obviously you have provided evidence of incidental contact in the downward portion of the jump. :D
View attachment 37061
"The emphatic horse, cut short by the whip in a most decided negative..."
--Charles Dickens

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
Bottom line: On a play like that (after the block) a foul is seldom called.
Based upon Mabrey lying on the floor afterwards in absolute agony, it was clearly a foul...…………….

Reaction Score
"To register a successful blocked shot, you must primarily hit the ball If there is incidental contact between the shot blocker and the shooter after the block, then the referee will not call a foul. That contact must come as the player is in the downward portion of the jump."
Obviously you have provided evidence of incidental contact in the downward portion of the jump. :D
View attachment 37061 [/QUOTEshe is not even making contact here...

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Megan gave Mabrey the Asjha Jones treatment, grabbing a rebound and sticking her butt out to clear some space. Meg is too strong for her and Mabrey ended up on the floor, waiting for a foul call that never came.

Yes, my favorite part of this was that look on Mabrey's face, then UConn played 5-on-4 at the other end for about five seconds while she was, I dunno, just incredulous, bellyaching, or whatever.

As the others, I'm loving what I see of Olivia. She has all the tools; her primary weakness is fouling. But we've seen how the Footwork School of Chris Dailey can transform UConn bigs. Seeing the progress they've made, I think it's quite possible that CD and the UConn staff can transform ONO into a dominant player by March.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
She said in an interview a long time ago that a doctor had told her she was 6'4.5" in bare feet. With shoes, that easily qualifies her as 6'5.
Gus remembers well. Liv is at least 6’4-1/2”.

I’d like to see Liv next to Stewie. I think the wingspans may be similar.

Reaction Score
Olivia looks better every game. You could sense her tuning in to Christyn's vibe against ND. She could be extraordinary by the end of the season if she continues this game-to-game improvement. I like her shooting touch with either hand in close. Definitely her air ball on her first free throw - it was right on line, good rotation, just a yard short - was a light, non-damaging freshman twitch everyone appreciated. I'm glad Geno isn't getting hung up on her foul totals because she needs a free rein.
Really got a big kick out of that incredible air ball free throw. Expect it will be tweeted to her when she - hopefully - is a superstar senior in fun to remind her not to get too big for her britches although she must have been mortified Sunday night!

Reaction Score
Walker was my #3 star of the game with her dirty work, particularly Turner. Great rebounding, clutch shots and defense that was barely mentioned on this blog.
Agreed. With all the preseason criticism of Megan she just isn't getting the love for the solid work she has done from game one.

Reaction Score
anyone have any info on possible new players on for 2019.....we have to find an experienced player to continue our good play...coach knows everyone......something has to be brewing or team will have mucho issues down the road.

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
Based upon Mabrey lying on the floor afterwards in absolute agony, it was clearly a foul...…………….
Glad someone didn't need the sarcasm meme. I feel better..………………..

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Play #5 shows Napheesa's length and some real athleticism from Christyn. She goes vertical for the tip, then beats everyone down the floor. When she explodes to the basket with her arm extension, she reminds me of a former Husky:

5bb783673c000020010d9221.jpeg
me too!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom