Hey women's hoop Yard - Bob Picozzi hates message boards | The Boneyard

Hey women's hoop Yard - Bob Picozzi hates message boards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
FYI - in the waning minutes of UConn's football loss Saturday Picozzi said that "message boards are the worst thing ever invented". Basically was defending Pasqualoni from criticism he's gotten on football board, said Edsall "left cupboard bare", Pasqualoni needs more time, yada yada yada

Curious about this board's take on Picozzi given all the years he called women's games.

Reaction Score
FYI - in the waning minutes of UConn's football loss Saturday Picozzi said that "message boards are the worst thing ever invented". Basically was defending Pasqualoni from criticism he's gotten on football board, said Edsall "left cupboard bare", Pasqualoni needs more time, yada yada yada

Curious about this board's take on Picozzi given all the years he called women's games.

I am happy he is no longer broadcasting UConn woman's games. A great choice by SNY. I really disliked his storytelling, particularly while the game was being played.

Reaction Score
Does anyone really care what Bob Picozzi think's? We should all thank god that we don't have to listen to him calling UCONN Games anymore.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I actually think Picozzi is a terrific announcer - when he's not doing UCONN games. He's very knowledgeable and does his homework on whatever game he calls. I was tired of the combo of him and Meghan, but i did not dislike them nearly as much as some fans on the board. But even tho I was tired of their chemistry, he was also knowledgeable of all the UCONN players and their stats, etc. I think the issue sometimes was that he strayed from what fans wanted to hear into banter with Meghan.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I actually think Picozzi is a terrific announcer - when he's not doing UCONN games. He's very knowledgeable and does his homework on whatever game he calls. I was tired of the combo of him and Meghan, but i did not dislike them nearly as much as some fans on the board.
I didn't hear him on the UConn games (maybe once?) so never could or can speak to how he was with Meghan, etc. But I agree he is very good when I have heard him during the NCAA's, BET and last year scattered other games.

Reaction Score
I've always pulled for Picozzi. Especially since he got dropped by Channel 8 in favor of that mail-it-in doofus, Noah Finz.
Bob's a professional but familiarity breeds contempt. Maybe we got sick of him and maybe he got too comfortable with Meaghan (and they both got a little lazy).

As far as the boards are concerned- there is the WCBB crowd and, I suppose, the "football gang". Maybe they let them "tailgate" while posting over there. It's been a while since we've had those kind of incidents over here.

I actually think Picozzi is a terrific announcer - when he's not doing UCONN games. He's very knowledgeable and does his homework on whatever game he calls. I was tired of the combo of him and Meghan, but i did not dislike them nearly as much as some fans on the board.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
I think Bob is a good announcer, unless he is paired with Meg. They got so into their own story lines, that they forgot they were doing our game. I like the new crew on SNY much better, particularly Kerith Burke. I hope the new guy with Meg keeps her in line - she was better last year in staying on point. But I will likely never learn to love Kara Wolters as an analyst. Too much Kara, too little analysis.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I think Bob is a good announcer, unless he is paired with Meg. They got so into their own story lines, that they forgot they were doing our game. I like the new crew on SNY much better, particularly Kerith Burke. I hope the new guy with Meg keeps her in line - she was better last year in staying on point. But I will likely never learn to love Kara Wolters as an analyst. Too much Kara, too little analysis.
Kara "when I played at UConn" Wolters?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
FWIW, Suzie Herbst calls this message board the "Hater Blog".

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Gosh, she should have seen the old ESPN board and the Summitt.

Reaction Score

In defense of Meghan and Bob, that was CPTV. The most homer television station ever invented. They also got to announce an array of 30-60 point blowouts for 15 years. Not exactly cutting-edge broadcast journalism. I think the "our girls" nature that CPTV created was a huge factor in the way they announced. If they were paired together now, I bet it would be completely different.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
In defense of Meghan and Bob, that was CPTV. The most homer television station ever invented. They also got to announce an array of 30-60 point blowouts for 15 years. Not exactly cutting-edge broadcast journalism. I think the "our girls" nature that CPTV created was a huge factor in the way they announced. If they were paired together now, I bet it would be completely different.

And they were still terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer