Hey Don McPherson shut up | The Boneyard

Hey Don McPherson shut up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You don't know what the hell you are talking about. . . . .

Reaction Score
Yeah, I tuned out immediately after the game. What could he have said so negatively that isn't the absolute truth? Unless he said this team was crying about getting left behind in CR, and that we are the worst team in the tire fire conference, but even that would be the cold, hard, truth.

Reaction Score
You don't know what the hell you are talking about. . . . .
Agreed! But don't let what he said bother you, he's always been a UCONN hater. I can't stand the duck**r.

Reaction Score
He said a lot in a little bit of time. Basically we're in trouble. No coach, no real league, lack of recruiting.. We'll have to pony up and spend some $$$ to get this thing pointed in the right direction.. at least that's what I got from it....

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Sean Mulcahy said something to the effect that UCONN's next coach should be a young energetic guy, 30-45 years old, a coordinator who used to play college football, who does not have to be from CT. Could be from PAC, Sun Belt, Big 12 etc but not from CT because that what PP was and that didnt' work. Then McPherson came in and talked about the negatives: we are not in a fertile recruiting hotbed like UCF and will have to battle BC and the Fruit Flies for recruits and they are in better conferences. He said finding a coach will be difficult and that UCONN will have to assess whether or not they want to even invest further in football given that we are now in the newer version of the Conference USA and that our previous investments to move into the Big East didn't pan out because all of those teams are gone.

Reaction Score
He was right about the mighty CT High School Football Coaches Association (whatever it's called) and PP's approach to focusing so much on fencing in the state.

Reaction Score
He said a lot in a little bit of time. Basically we're in trouble. No coach, no real league, lack of recruiting.. We'll have to pony up and spend some $ to get this thing pointed in the right direction.. at least that's what I got from it....

The highlighted sentence sounds like he knows exactly what he's talking about.

Dooley

Reaction Score
The highlighted sentence sounds like he knows exactly what he's talking about.

Yup. That's why I've been babbling about being prepared to make our next coach the highest paid coach on campus. It's going to take some serious statement money to lure attractive candidates given the amount of negatives we have going for us coming off of a winless season.

Reaction Score
IMO McPherson was saying is it really worth it to UConn to stay in FBS "can they keep investing" bla bla bla. He has no idea of that $150 million in infrastructure has been invested. Blinded by Syracuse orange. This isn't 1995 anymore.

Reaction Score
He said a lot in a little bit of time. Basically we're in trouble. No coach, no real league, lack of recruiting.. We'll have to pony up and spend some $ to get this thing pointed in the right direction.. at least that's what I got from it.

He basically said it's hopeless. I was waiting for him to say "drop football". He makes Mark May look like the Blue/White Kid.

Reaction Score
Not one for watching Uconn FB, and after stumbling onto this debacle, I guess I can see why. With hindsight being 20/20, just started thinking if way back when Uconn DID NOT decide to make the move to Div-1. Just think of all the money we would have saved. I mean no multi-million dollar stadium. Think that Uconn would still be in the Big East as a basketball power instead of this low budget bs conference. Football stars from CT, would be making a name for themselves at other schools, and maybe even lasting longer in the NFL. A few other things, one, in particular, but I will not say it, but lets face it. this season is a lost cause, and sadly there does not look like anything better on the horizon. My other comment would be, I would not want to be spending (throwing) more good money after all the bad that has already been wasted, but knowing this State they probably will.

Reaction Score
Not one for watching Uconn FB, and after stumbling onto this debacle, I guess I can see why. With hindsight being 20/20, just started thinking if way back when Uconn DID NOT decide to make the move to Div-1. Just think of all the money we would have saved. I mean no multi-million dollar stadium. Think that Uconn would still be in the Big East as a basketball power instead of this low budget bs conference. Football stars from CT, would be making a name for themselves at other schools, and maybe even lasting longer in the NFL. A few other things, one, in particular, but I will not say it, but lets face it. this season is a lost cause, and sadly there does not look like anything better on the horizon. My other comment would be, I would not want to be spending (throwing) more good money after all the bad that has already been wasted, but knowing this State they probably will.

First off. Because a player played at UCONN means he will not last as long in his profession? Are you insane? Second. Baylor was pretty bad for decades, no? Make the right hire and things turn. Obviously you are not a football fan, so do us all a favor and don't come back. Your one comment about CT high school players being better off professionally without UCONN is an absolute joke. Think about it for a second. Blow hard.

Reaction Score
Tell McPherson he might want check into whether he should invest in being a analyst talking about football...Tell him to get the marbles out of his mouth....UH gee Tennessee..He sounds so dumb when he opens up his mouth...

Reaction Score

This may be the all-time douchiest comment ever on this board, and that's a very high bar to clear. I guess the Alzheimer's wiped out the memory of wins over Notre Dame and South Carolina and multiple wins over Pitt, Syracuse, Louisville, Baylor etc.

Reaction Score

You have no clue.

What I want to know is who's responsible for saying.... "let's not try to retain Lou Perkins, he's asking for too much. Let's let him go and give the job to Hathaway."

If Perkins doesn't leave in 2003, conference realignment goes much, much, much better for UCONN, Edsall stays, and recruiting sees a major uptick.

Reaction Score
Yes but Baylor is in Texas and is in a real conference. We are in big trouble. I honestly think it will take a miracle at this point. We missed all the escape pods and are stuck on the death star 2 minutes before it nuked. Barring a miracle, looking to go back to big east basketball and maybe getting 4 million a year is an option. We were a few years to late and a few dollars short: ( ...I did vote Linda McMahon for Senate because Mr I like the camera's may have us also

Reaction Score
Yeah, but we're the only school that Perkins was AD that didn't have a major violation against us..He left diasters at Witchita St, Missouri, and Kansas.. I would have paid Perkins as a consultant when all this crap was going down and he could have kept the UConn brand at the top of everyone's lists...

Reaction Score
First off. Because a player played at UCONN means he will not last as long in his profession? Are you insane? Second. Baylor was pretty bad for decades, no? Make the right hire and things turn. Obviously you are not a football fan, so do us all a favor and don't come back. Your one comment about CT high school players being better off professionally without UCONN is an absolute joke. Think about it for a second. Blow hard.

Really you are going to compare Baylor with Uconn in football. Baylor in it's worst times would still stomp UC. The sad fact is the lack of first class talent in CT, and that a lot of that talent would rather be playing for BC, the Cuse, ND, instead of UC., and the inability to garner the top class talent from other regions. As to the "right hire" as you say, really? How long do you expect it will take to "turn things around", and when things start to "turn around" as you hope, don't you think that "new hire" will be heading off to the next rung on the ladder. The days of the coach staying around for the long haul, especially at the train wreck that is UC, is over. Keep telling yourself that things are going to be better tomorrow, it's going to take a whole lot more tomorrows to even see 500.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Guys, just be prepared for lots more of this type of talk over the course of the next year. Pasqualoni/DeLeone/Hathaway/McHugh/Austin (whoever you want to blame) derailed our fast rising football program and turned it into what it is today. Folks around Syracuse and BC are going to jump in whenever and wherever possible to belittle UCONN because they want to regain the territory that they had lost to us under Edsall. The more smear campaigning they do, the harder it will be for Warde to find our next coach. So it should come of no surprise that a former Fruit Fly is advocating for UCONN to stop investing in football. It is, however, VERY surprising to hear UCONN fans preaching the same thing. Nothing would cement our conference affiliation more than giving up on football.

Reaction Score
BTW I wonder what 'talent' genius at SNY thought it would be a good idea to Syracuse guy doing UConn pre- mid- and post-game 'anal'-ysis. If UConn takes D-Mac's advice then SNY's contract with UConn becomes a money loser and eliminates one revenue stream when the contract ends. Brilliant!

Reaction Score
Really you are going to compare Baylor with Uconn in football. Baylor in it's worst times would still stomp UC. .

Incoming.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate