Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
re. Diamond. Bad for the mojo, Tony. Very bad.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
My apologies but I dont beleive in mojo. There are couple of kids on UConns radar that are flat out coming, no names.

Reaction Score
There is a piece of me that simply flat-out does not believe Diamond will wind up at UConn, that UConn will be one of a small number in the running but that something -- maybe too many blue-ribbon players already -- will turn her head. I hope I am wrong.

The other thing is about Breanna Stewart. I so much want this kid to be as special as everyone says she is. I mean, who would not want "the Britney Griner of high school basketball" right? But every time, and I mean every time I see video of this kid, what I see is a really good short-blocker, the tallest player on the court looking out of place dribbling the ball all over the place and missing bunny shot after bunny shot after bunny shot. Yes she has moves and she certainly seems to have the scoring touch from outside, but she will need a bunch of work if she is going to be the power forward. I'm not saying she isn't a wonderful prospect. I am saying she is not "all that," at least not yet.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
TC, the only thing that might scare off Diamond Deshields is having to share the initials, "DD," with doggie.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Don't forget that Breanna is still a high schooler.

If you thinks she's not special, go to any AAU tourney and watch the post players there. Breanna is not just another level better, she's another world better. A lot of kids you see at an AAU tourney can only hope to be as good in college as Breanna is now.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Don't forget that Breanna is still a high schooler.

If you thinks she's not special, go to any AAU tourney and watch the post players there. Breanna is not just another level better, she's another world better. A lot of kids you see at an AAU tourney can only hope to be as good in college as Breanna is now.

And if that doesn't do it for you get some DVDs of the recent Pan Am Games and see how she does with and against players all years older than her. She pretty much was consistently the best player on the floor.

Reaction Score
The main thing that will change for Breanna is she will get stronger very quickly.

Reaction Score
I think what tomcat is saying is that Stewart may be all that everyone is saying about her, but these particular videos don't show it. These videos show her outstanding defense, but ordinary on the offensive end. That's just the way they come across.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Ice I shared mine with Tina Charles. On the videos I posted Breannas are not current. Nan made some terrific comments.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I think what tomcat is saying is that Stewart may be all t hat everyone is saying about her, but these particular videos don't show it. These videos show her outstanding defense, but ordinary on the offensive end. That's just the way they come across.
I agree that is what he is saying. He is also saying that based on these videos, she is not as good as the experts are saying. I would say that this is his error. As others have suggested watch some Pan Am videos.

http://www.usabasketball.com/misc/11_wpag_usa.pdf

Check out the stats. She dominated. Against opposing pros and with her teammates, all college players.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Breanna. A combo of Lisa Leslie. Dribbles like Sue Bird alot like Diana blocks shots like Griner and Geno will make her better ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom