Here In Hartford / What A Dud Of A Crowd | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Here In Hartford / What A Dud Of A Crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Yes...gentleman who made a comment "Daniels isn't hurt because I didn't read it on the Boneyard?" LOL

Lmao, I bet my old man said that (or maybe it was me, I forget haha). Small world!

Reaction Score
When Ollie gets all his recruits, his style of play, and the freakin' weather cooperates, the fan support is going to skyrocket.

Reaction Score
No wonder these kids do not want to play here. It is like we are at a prayer service. We were already asked 2 times to sit down while cheering. Next time the usher said we will be asked to leave.

Pathetic !!!!

C'mon man - you're becoming too predictable w/ these rants.

After the 1st Football game last year:
What a horrible showing by these fans, especially the ones in the blue donor section. Kind of reminds me of the lower section of Gampel with the donors sitting on there hands and the old ladies complaining about someone standing in front of them.

After Stanford game this year:
All I can say is WOW. Both the crowd and team were bottom line pathetic. I believe this is a good loss that the team can build on. They NEVER should have lost but in the long run they will benefit for playing a horrible 2nd half of basketball. As for the crowd. All games need to be played in Storrs. You would think with the team coming down for the last shot they would be standing and going crazy. I had a lame duck older couple who got up and left during the final time out just to beat the traffic. And all they did in the final minute was to complain to the usher that my wife and I were standing and they couldn't see. Donors Donors Boring Boring. My buddy paid thousands to get these seats and I feel sorry for him in that the fan base around him are lame ducks.

Maybe you are just being a grouchy curmudgeon to those around you? ;)

I do hope I have your passion @ 69 y/o though!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Went today as well. The crowd was awesome. I sat next to this group who would appear to be your typical "women's game" crew, older, blue haired, etc. It turns out that they were loud and among the most knowledgable people I've ever sat near.

Reaction Score
Lmao, I bet my old man said that (or maybe it was me, I forget haha). Small world!
Hahaha indeed. Eerily similar weather making the trip out of Hartford today as into New Brunswick that day.

Reaction Score
No wonder these kids do not want to play here. It is like we are at a prayer service. We were already asked 2 times to sit down while cheering. Next time the usher said we will be asked to leave.

Pathetic !!!!
Are you just a negative guy or what?

Reaction Score
...funny goings on in our section...center court 15 rows up or so...halfway through the first half, some people showing up late. kicking groups of 3 and 4 out of their seats...I remember when you needed 2 forms of ID to get to those seats....but not anymore I guess....Maybe its a good sign that people are actually sneaking down that far for seats. Must mean its a good game. ;)

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I was there as well (with my son). The crowd was the most electric of any in Hartford that I've been to since an OT win against Notre Dame some eight years ago (for full disclosure, I've only been to about a dozen games in Hartford since 2009).

Reaction Score
Need a repeat performance by fans and team vs Cincy in two weeks.

Reaction Score
I was there in 89 when we beat the Cuse and the Hoyas back to back. I was also there the year we beat Pitt to win the BE Regular season. I have also been to many great games in the XL Center. I have been attending games since 62, todays crowd could never compare to the above mentioned games as well as the old Field House.

I may be old but I do remember much and YES times have changed and the crowds are not what they used to be. And do you think Kevin Ollie is going to be critical of the crowds. Just ask the players, in general they HATE playing here. The crowds from the old days were comprised of real time fans but now its all about the money and you have old farts like me attending whom sit on there ass and knit, yes knit. But this old fart has no problem standing and screaming at the age of 69 and then being asked to sit and be quiet.

Enough. I've only been a season ticket holder for 17 years, but the Hartford crowds are EXACTLY the same now as they were then. Exactly the same. Yes, they can be blah. Frankly, Memphis did a good job of taking timeouts at the right time to calm the momentum.

Reaction Score
huskymedic said:
C'mon man - you're becoming too predictable w/ these rants.

I do hope I have your passion @ 69 y/o though!

I'm guessing he's really 20 and figures that people will pay more attention to him if he says he's older . . .

Reaction Score
what a bs thread.. was there... crowd was very good.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
There was definitely a "buzz" today.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I made my first men's BB game in a number of years. I generally put my money into football but got a freebie and I'm so glad I went. That crowd, at it's peak, was as loud as anything I've heard. I went to a lot of games during the dream season and this brought back echoes of those crowds. Great game, great crowd, shut up William. I will be seeing what I can do to squeeze a couple more bucks out to get to another game this year.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Sigh...

images

Reaction Score
Was there today with my son, the crowd was great. Loved the student who brought the Justin Bieber Mug Shot poster! My only complaint with the XL Center (small complaint), is that right behind both baskets is a stair case leading up to a tunnel. So opposing players don't shoot into a sea of hand waiving, poster slinging madness, instead they have a clear backboard.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

I feel for the real fans that got stuck behind this "hey look at me" pseudo-fan.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The student section is always louder at Gampel, I'll give you that, but the overall crowd noise at XL in these types of games is usually deafening.

True, the big waves of sound coming from XL crowds start organically by everyone. Gampel is all student-section driven.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
c'mon man, the crowd was very very good

now the delay getting into the building $ucked, whoever manages that place has to be sacked

I know you can't make chicked salad from chicken , but at least be prepared to allow a large crowd to enter

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I feel for the real fans that got stuck behind this "hey look at me" pseudo-fan.

The people in front of me stood for random stretches. I get standing at key times, but standing over nothing is pretty annoying. They were in first row so because you feel like standing randomly the rest us have to?

Reaction Score

Pathetic !!!!
How much did you drink? That crowd was phenomenal!

Reaction Score
I have said this before. If you walk 5 minutes toward the north end, there is a large and safe $5.00 lot. Traffic is never a major problem. I saw the people exiting and can't figure out the rush, especially a noon Saturday game.
I was there at the XL today and while it was a really late arriving crowd (noon game before a snowstorm doesn't help), the energy was really high at the end of the 1st half, most of the 2nd half, and all the way through OT. Very good crowd for an XL game.

Though, I feel there is a need to call out the horde of people who left during the timeout when UConn was down 3 right before Bazz's and 1 to tie the game. And if that wasn't enough, then another horde of people left when the game went to OT. WTF! Why did they even bother going to the game in the first place if only to leave at the most critical junctures? I know there is the usual "gotta beat the traffic no matter what!" crowd, but that is taking it to an epic level of fail.
I didn't notice any horde of people leaving. Maybe it was your deodorant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom