Here In Hartford / What A Dud Of A Crowd | The Boneyard

Here In Hartford / What A Dud Of A Crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No wonder these kids do not want to play here. It is like we are at a prayer service. We were already asked 2 times to sit down while cheering. Next time the usher said we will be asked to leave.

Pathetic !!!!

Reaction Score
They were dead at the beginning of the game, but have gotten into it better in the second half.

Still, there is nothing like a noon game in Hartford to nullify home-court advantage.

Reaction Score
I'm a Gampel fan but this topic is so old and boring. The crowd was great. The 2 biggest games held at Gampel the last couple years were Syracuse and Louisville Game Day games and we lost.

Enough.

Reaction Score
I'm a Gampel fan but this topic is so old and boring. The crowd was great. The 2 biggest games held at Gampel the last couple years were Syracuse and Louisville Game Day games and we lost.

Enough.

Agree. It was a good crowd. Even braved the blizzard to show up

Reaction Score
No wonder these kids do not want to play here. It is like we are at a prayer service. We were already asked 2 times to sit down while cheering. Next time the usher said we will be asked to leave.

Pathetic !!!!

Write a letter letting UConn know that the usher told you to sit down or leave.

C

Chief00

Crowd was fine. Good opponent, not going against NFL, not a 9pm game- Warde needs to replicate what works and eliminate what doesn't.

Reaction Score

Pathetic !!!!
Is this true?

Reaction Score
Is this true?

I'm calling bullsht on it. It's one if these overused exaggerations like when someone says they laughed so hard they spit out their water/coffee/etc.

Reaction Score
I was there in 89 when we beat the Cuse and the Hoyas back to back. I was also there the year we beat Pitt to win the BE Regular season. I have also been to many great games in the XL Center. I have been attending games since 62, todays crowd could never compare to the above mentioned games as well as the old Field House.

I may be old but I do remember much and YES times have changed and the crowds are not what they used to be. And do you think Kevin Ollie is going to be critical of the crowds. Just ask the players, in general they HATE playing here. The crowds from the old days were comprised of real time fans but now its all about the money and you have old farts like me attending whom sit on there ass and knit, yes knit. But this old fart has no problem standing and screaming at the age of 69 and then being asked to sit and be quiet.

Reaction Score

Pathetic !!!!
I was there! The crowd was loud. Even Boat thanked the crowd in the post game.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I was there in 89 when we beat the Cuse and the Hoyas back to back. I was also there the year we beat Pitt to win the BE Regular season. I have also been to many great games in the XL Center. I have been attending games since 62, todays crowd could never compare to the above mentioned games as well as the old Field House.

I may be old but I do remember much and YES times have changed and the crowds are not what they used to be. And do you think Kevin Ollie is going to be critical of the crowds. Just ask the players, in general they HATE playing here. The crowds from the old days were comprised of real time fans but now its all about the money and you have old farts like me attending whom sit on there ass and knit, yes knit. But this old fart has no problem standing and screaming at the age of 69 and then being asked to sit and be quiet.

Are you sure you weren't at the movies?

Reaction Score
I think W.Shea forgot to remove his ear plugs. Great crowd!

Reaction Score
Was listening on the radio and the announcer said one of the best crowds he had seen in a while. Crowd standing since halftime through OT. Sounds like one person had a bad experience and wants to blame the whole crowd.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I was in 104 and it was the loudest XL game in some time. Can't say that it was a dud crowd when my voice, along with many many others, are raspy. I stopped at a gas station on the way home to get some throat lozenges.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
I was there at the XL today and while it was a really late arriving crowd (noon game before a snowstorm doesn't help), the energy was really high at the end of the 1st half, most of the 2nd half, and all the way through OT. Very good crowd for an XL game.

Though, I feel there is a need to call out the horde of people who left during the timeout when UConn was down 3 right before Bazz's and 1 to tie the game. And if that wasn't enough, then another horde of people left when the game went to OT. WTF! Why did they even bother going to the game in the first place if only to leave at the most critical junctures? I know there is the usual "gotta beat the traffic no matter what!" crowd, but that is taking it to an epic level of fail.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle