Here In Hartford / What A Dud Of A Crowd | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Here In Hartford / What A Dud Of A Crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was there at the XL today and while it was a really late arriving crowd (noon game before a snowstorm doesn't help), the energy was really high at the end of the 1st half, most of the 2nd half, and all the way through OT. Very good crowd for an XL game.

Though, I feel there is a need to call out the hoard of people who left during the timeout when UConn was down 3 right before Bazz's and 1 to tie the game. And if that wasn't enough, then another hoard of people left when the game went to OT. WTF! Why did they even bother going to the game in the first place if only to leave at the most critical junctures? I know there is the usual "gotta beat the traffic no matter what!" crowd, but that is taking it to an epic level of fail.

I have said this before. If you walk 5 minutes toward the north end, there is a large and safe $5.00 lot. Traffic is never a major problem. I saw the people exiting and can't figure out the rush, especially a noon Saturday game.

Reaction Score
This is BS,....Great crowd...everyone standing the last 6 minutes of regulation and entire OT...screw the few "fans" who left a few minutes early....we sit 15 rows up center court...great crowd around us....this would normally be considered the "corporate wine and cheese" crowd...screw that.

Reaction Score
I'm a Gampel fan but this topic is so old and boring. The crowd was great. The 2 biggest games held at Gampel the last couple years were Syracuse and Louisville Game Day games and we lost.

Enough.
Agree. As long as there is more money to be made due to the bigger gate, the XL will continue get big games.

I've been to countless XL games and the crowds have been great for the big games. like tonight. As for the lesser games, the XL can be a snooze fest at times, but Gampel hasn't necessarily been all that better in those types of games. The student section is always louder at Gampel, I'll give you that, but the overall crowd noise at XL in these types of games is usually deafening.

Reaction Score
I wasn't there and it's hard to judge how TV amplifies various mics in the arena. It seemed pretty dead at first and warmed up as the game went on. 2nd half gave good feedback over a decent audio system. An exciting game for sure. Now if we could just get a few calls. Even watching the monitor they couldn't get one right. Should have won by 10 in reg but I'll take it.

Reaction Score
Coming from a student I thought the section did a solid job today, especially considering it was a noon XL game and tons of kids have an 18 hour straight charity event that goes from 6pm-12pm tomorrow and didn't come. Great win for the boys! Should be able to go on a nice win streak if we keep playing well.

Reaction Score
[qthink ba"mcs333, post: 850201, member: 796"]I think W.Shea forgot to remove his ear plugs. Great crowd![/quote]
I think the batteries in his hearing aid were dead.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Just admit that you couldn't wait to pull the trigger on another "Hartford crowd is awful" thread and were wrong.

Hartford : more traffic than usual due to various lanes downtown not being cleared. XL Center : the usual chokepoints trying to get 1000's of people through not enough openings. Combined, you get a late arriving crowd. These should be improved upon but are not the crowd's fault.

Once there, the crowd was alive and loud. Especially 2nd Half / OT.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
...very true CTMike....left the Rockinghorse Cafe before the game to find just 3 doors open at the Ann St entrance to the XL...though the guys doing the "frisking" did their best and basically let everyone through quickly as the line extended down the steps & onto the sidewalk...unreal crowd at the Rockinghorse and the Russian lady after the game...these places were packed. Good to see.

Reaction Score
The crowd made a lot of noise today when we were on D and it was a great time. Mostly standing the last 10 minutes in sec. 200. I was at the dream season games as well and when things got going today the crowd was plenty loud. The Big Red cheers are as loud as ever.

Reaction Score
The crowd was great. We are in Section 109 and everyone was standing and cheering for a good portion of the second half.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Mostly quiet during the first half but sounded great in the second half and OT.

No problems with the size or noise level from the crowd.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Um the roads around the building were completely gridlocked. Exit 49 was backed up a mile on 84. Anyone late was for that reason.

Reaction Score
...very true CTMike....left the Rockinghorse Cafe before the game to find just 3 doors open at the Ann St entrance to the XL...though the guys doing the "frisking" did their best and basically let everyone through quickly as the line extended down the steps & onto the sidewalk...unreal crowd at the Rockinghorse and the Russian lady after the game...these places were packed. Good to see.
My crew hit up "Angry Bull" formerly Pour House after thegame. Most people there were barely coherent. Left after a drink and had a couple more and a dog at East Coast Dog.

Reaction Score
A sellout today- first one in two years.

@UConnMBB: #UConn: At XL Center today it's a sellout: 16,294.... Thanks for coming!!!

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I was there, Crowd was slow filling in and getting started, but a very good crowd after that.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
@BoatShow Kind of random, but I just realized that your picture is from the Rutgers game in which case I think I actually may have been sitting next to you for that one haha. UConn bench side of the RAC like two rows from the top?

Reaction Score
@BoatShow Kind of random, but I just realized that your picture is from the Rutgers game in which case I think I actually may have been sitting next to you for that one haha. UConn bench side of the RAC like two rows from the top?
Yes...gentleman who made a comment "Daniels isn't hurt because I didn't read it on the Boneyard?" LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom