Herbst Speaks | The Boneyard

Herbst Speaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Jeff Jacobs@jacobscourant
Susan Herbst: "The joy we've had for past couple decades has been in Big East. I think everybody should try to keep that in mind."

Anyone hoping for that B1G invite can forget that idea with this quote.

Reaction Score
That was a sorry quote. She needs to placate the fan base a little bit here. I feel like she just brushed me off and I don't like it. Comfort us Susan, geez.

Reaction Score
Yikes! That's her (clueless) response! That statement does not instill confidence (understatement!).

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The University of Connecticut is privileged to have her clueless, inept negotiating skills work on its behalf. This is merely another example.

Reaction Score
Oh Christ. I've been keeping optimism, but this quote is pushing me closer to the cliff. This totally sounds like we lost so let's wrap it up and put a bow on it. I feel like we've been regifted.

Reaction Score
Come on Susan, how many of the current and future Big East teams have we enjoyed playing over the last 7 years? Cincy.

This is a ridiculous comment.

Reaction Score
The University of Connecticut is privileged to have her clueless, inept negotiating skills work on its behalf. This is merely another example.

See Wikipedia: Nero... fire... burning!

Reaction Score
That's it....I'd rather her say no comment for the next year than hear that...see you later season tickets

Reaction Score
Here's more:

@jacobscourant
Herbst: "We can only try to change what we can change. Conference realignment is out of the control of most individual universities."

@jacobscourant
Herbst: "To tie ourselves up in knots about things out of our control, like in life in general, is not a recipe for success."

@jacobscourant
Dukie Herbst: "I'm dead serious about academics first. Academic reputation is forever."

Reaction Score
facepalm.jpg

Reaction Score
Remember, this woman runs the academic side of this university too. As much as this sucks, I have seen firsthand the brilliant things she has done to increase the states flagship univeristy and its endowment. Perspective everyone, or maybe that is too much to ask. Athletics are only a small component of the university.

Reaction Score
But she looked real gangster in that picture with her arms folded, didn't she. Suzie Q, all style and Warde "Rock Star/Monitoring the Situation" Warde, to show for it.

Reaction Score
I am eternally grateful that UConn will now be playing Memphis, UCF, USF, Cincy, Tulane, SDSU, Houston, SMU and phantom out of conference schools in 2014 under the Big East banner.

Susan Herbst has quelled any doubts that were lingering with her effective and decisive leadership. That is all.

Reaction Score
Remember, this woman runs the academic side of this university too. As much as this sucks, I have seen firsthand the brilliant things she has done to increase the states flagship univeristy and its endowment. Perspective everyone, or maybe that is too much to ask. Athletics are only a small component of the university.
Well I'll take your word for it. She is flat out getting it done but the front porch is starting to decay a little more every day. That quote is um, so defeatist.

Reaction Score
Hey Susan, just an FYI...
The Big East we enjoyed the past couple decades is now the ACC/Big12/Big10.

Memphis, ECU, Tulane, SMU, Houston, UCF, Boise, and SDSU are not the Big East. Pitt, Syracuse, BC, Rutgers, Miami, and WVU are.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

The reason we are not UMass right now academically is because of Calhoun and Auriemma. Athletics matter.

Reaction Score
That's it....I'd rather her say no comment for the next year than hear that...see you later season tickets

Yeah! That's how we'll get an invite. Let's continue to further not support the team.

Reaction Score
Herbst's statement is correct. The problem is that the Presidents of Pitt, WVU, or Syracuse could have said the same thing a year or two ago.

You know where they are now? Not in the Big East any more!!

I'd be happier about the joyous memories of the BE if the future looked a littler brighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom