Help me to understand | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Help me to understand

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Honestly it’d be better if they took a page out of MLB’s book and wore full uniforms. You wouldn’t want to see 105 year old Larranaga in a jersey and shorts?
MLB managers wearing uniforms is about to change. The Yankees are pushing it because they have retired too many numbers. But Boone and a lot of managers wear a team pull over most of the time. They are supposed to have a uniform shirt under the pull over but none do and the umps never check. What is the point of having a rule no one is following and no one is enforcing violations. I really have no preference on what a basketball coach should wear. I rember in the Kate 60’s and 70’s you would not board a plane without being in a suit.

Reaction Score
who cares, wear whatever you want

50BB6A57-D7D5-44A2-ADC0-EAEFEA67D120.jpeg

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
who cares, wear whatever you want

View attachment 87171

I know this is off-topic, but since this picture in here I'll respond here. For a guy that was criticized by many for having one foot out the door in 2006, Rudy Gay has done nothing but bled blue since he's been in the NBA. He clearly loves the program and despite having been busy over the last 17 years playing in the NBA he always finds time to come to these big games.

Reaction Score
I know this is off-topic, but since this picture in here I'll respond here. For a guy that was criticized by many for having one foot out the door in 2006, Rudy Gay has done nothing but bled blue since he's been in the NBA. He clearly loves the program and despite having been busy over the last 17 years playing in the NBA he always finds time to come to these big games.
any haters are fools

Reaction Score
MLB managers wearing uniforms is about to change. The Yankees are pushing it because they have retired too many numbers. But Boone and a lot of managers wear a team pull over most of the time. They are supposed to have a uniform shirt under the pull over but none do and the umps never check. What is the point of having a rule no one is following and no one is enforcing violations. I really have no preference on what a basketball coach should wear. I rember in the Kate 60’s and 70’s you would not board a plane without being in a suit.
BpVIolAIAAEW80-.jpg

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
There's really no reason for managers to wear numbers. I can't imagine who would die on that hill.

Reaction Score
I got made fun of by a friend for wearing track pants when I coached soccer. I was like, I gotta warm up the kids, I have to run around. He was having none of it.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That’s cause Jay Wright looks the way he does.
Exactly. I remember some one trying to bust Rollie's balls over clothing and he was having none of it. "Nobody has nicer suits than I do. I just wrinkle easily."

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Obviously based on the commentary in this thread what someone wears and where something should be worn has significance to many people.

Bottom line is decorum, courtesy and protocol are subjective. People are confusing personal preference and arbitrariness with proper behavior. What may be uncomfortable to someone may be in someone else's comfort zone. Most of us are arguing a point to make others fit in our comfort zone.

My favorite in this thread is the ex dead head who is going all boomer now!
If you understood what I was actually participating in on dead tour in the 80’s you’d understand why I looked sharper on flights than wall st guys when we both were flying JFK>SFO.

Never boomer. Always smart. :)

Reaction Score
Maybe if Matt Painter didn’t wear that hideous swoop neck shirt he’d make it out of the first weekend once in a while

I agree DJ thought the same thing. At least if you wear the swoop neck put a collared shirt or a mock under it please he looked awful.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I have to admit to being influenced by Seinfeld on this subject. I never wear sweat pants in public in a non-exercise situation "because it says you've given up."

Reaction Score
Old black and white photos of baseball games in the 20's and 30's with everyone wearing suits and dresses. Classy. Compare that to what we see in stadiums today. An assault our optical nerves. I think suits should be mandatory going forward for everyone except the players and even then.......

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
I have to admit to being influenced by Seinfeld on this subject. I never wear sweat pants in public in a non-exercise situation "because it says you've given up."
You say that like there’s something wrong with it. I gave up caring what others think about me and my sartorial decisions long ago.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You say that like there’s something wrong with it. I gave up caring what others think about me and my sartorial decisions long ago.
I'm just saying I haven't given up.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If you understood what I was actually participating in on dead tour in the 80’s you’d understand why I looked sharper on flights than wall st guys when we both were flying JFK>SFO.

People that wear flip flops and walk thru TSA barefooted should be thrown into the sun.

Reaction Score
Old black and white photos of baseball games in the 20's and 30's with everyone wearing suits and dresses. Classy. Compare that to what we see in stadiums today. An assault our optical nerves. I think suits should be mandatory going forward for everyone except the players and even then.......
I can't even begin to imagine how horrible that must've been. Those old pictures of of men and women at summer ballgames and even at the beach packed to the gills with men wearing black suits and women covered up in clothing head to toe. We're one month away from me only wearing shorts and short sleeves until October. Thankfully we've gotten far more sensible in the way we dress.

Reaction Score
People that wear flip flops and walk thru TSA barefooted should be thrown into the sun.
I'm with you. I now have TSA pre-check so I don't have to make my shoes off anymore but when I had to I carried painter's booties to slip over my feet to protect myself from walking where thousands of other bare feet had trod.

Reaction Score
True that for Rudy. My son and I went to a Charlotte game vs Rudy’s team. Had great seats (4 rows up near center court). We both were flying our UConn colors because Kemba, Ben Gordon and Jeff Adrian played for the Bobcats. Our seats were more in the Bobcat end during warmups. Kemba was concentrating on the game. Ben gave us a bright smile. Rudy, who was warming up at the other end went out of his way to acknowledge us and gave a bow.

Seeing as I’m remembering past games, my son and I went to a preseason Bobcat game in Greensboro. Me with my colors and my son with his UConn Emeka jersey. When Emeka saw it he had the water boy come over to get the jersey and Emeka signed it. Really classy man.

Last edited:

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Where I thought this was going...

Reaction Score

Be like water my friend

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom