Heat REALLY Want Bazz | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Heat REALLY Want Bazz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well, if the Heat really, really, really Bazz at 26 or in a trade to move up, they're screwing up royally. This leak would never get out.
A conspiracy theory about draft leaks?! So you think this is a purposefully leaked story as a smokescreen? More likely that having the news out there results in someone drafting in the teens calling the Heat up and making it happen.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
A conspiracy theory about draft leaks?! So you think this is a purposefully leaked story as a smokescreen? More likely that having the news out there results in someone drafting in the teens calling the Heat up and making it happen.

There are all sorts of purposeful leaks in draft time. Happens in every sport, every single year.

Reaction Score
Courant today, Shabazz worked out with many of the PG's in the draft and feels he's the best among them. He's a very confident character but if he believes it so do I. Good luck Bazz!

Reaction Score
Napier has "it". He's a baller. Miami ain't getting him unless they offer a lot of draft picks from the post-LeBron era.

Reaction Score
pipe dreams for the heat, napier could be gone anywhere 12-17. Really hope he ends up on the up and coming hawks squad, ford seems to think they plan to shop teague around. hawks are basically spurs east. Just keep him away from orlando

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I can only say that Shabazz really owes Lebron a beer. I think Lebron just made him quite a bit of money.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'd say the same except Bazz doesn't drink. No matter how hard we tried.

Yeah, but it is Lebron who gets the beer.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I'm a little pleasantly surprised to see Shabazz getting so much love. It's just that he was so underrated for so long, I didn't expect people to look past his size and fair athleticism. But I'm glad they've noticed all of his plus skills.

Meanwhile, DD is nowhere near the First Round. I thought it was a 50/50 call as far as whether entering the draft was a good idea, but now I think it's pretty clear he should have come back.

He'll get his shot, just not a guaranteed contract at first.

Reaction Score

I think its funny that there hasnt been mention of Phil Jackson having interest. Makes me think that the Knicks will pay for a pick in the teens to take him, don't mention it if you dont want teams to know its coming

Reaction Score
I'm a little pleasantly surprised to see Shabazz getting so much love. It's just that he was so underrated for so long, I didn't expect people to look past his size and fair athleticism. But I'm glad they've noticed all of his plus skills.

Meanwhile, DD is nowhere near the First Round. I thought it was a 50/50 call as far as whether entering the draft was a good idea, but now I think it's pretty clear he should have come back.

I also believe that Bazz can put fans in the seats. He is so competitive, flashy (in a controlled way) and has the balls of Goliath. He's just a cocky SOB.

I selfishly hope he gets to a TV market. I already hear fans chanting to put him in, and become a fan favorite. All four years Bazz has played against some of the best current NBA players on rosters, he was not outplayed. That seems to get forgotten in his evaluation and projections.

I will say it will be funny to see him 'try' pointing and directing multi-million dollar players around. As for DD I will continue to say him getting drafted is the easiest part. He was a 'good' collegiate baller who did improve last season. I just don't know which part(s) of his game separates him from the vets, especially when trying to take their high paying job. His potential better be now is all I'm saying.

C

Chief00

While I may have been the first on this board to say that the Heat want Bazz; Bazz has now blown up to the point it will be a real challenge for the Heat to land Bazz. But as I indicated earlier, NBA teams like to keep their superstars happy. For that reason a source has told me Detroit has some interest in DD. But that doesn't mean he is a priority but a second round nice to have. I have a feeling some major trades are going to happen.

Reaction Score
While I may have been the first on this board to say that the Heat want Bazz.

Next level right here, even for you. This is why you infuriate the board. I do believe you have some source, maybe your big brother plays golf with Glenn Miller once in a while or something like that.

That said... You did not break this interest. It had been talked about way before you mentioned it on the board. I respect your calls on Drummond and even the JC BC thing but when you say something as ridiculous as this, people forget about the good.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
While I may have been the first on this board to say that the Heat want Bazz; Bazz has now blown up to the point it will be a real challenge for the Heat to land Bazz. But as I indicated earlier, NBA teams like to keep their superstars happy. For that reason a source has told me Detroit has some interest in DD. But that doesn't mean he is a priority but a second round nice to have. I have a feeling some major trades are going to happen.

Why do people always try to claim credit for weird stuff?

Tell me, what were your inside sources within the Heat organization that allowed you to crack the case, Woodward?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Wow I needed an insider for this info...

Reaction Score

He is already too old. He wasn't getting drafted in the first round next year either unless he was first team All-America (and maybe not even then) and stood a very good chance of going undrafted with any type of inconsistent season. Might as well get another year of professional basketball paychecks, whether it's in the NBA or not.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Basicaly the safest pick in the draft right? Ran a prostyle offense to a national championship, mature beyond his years, great court vision, can consistently hit a long range contested three... I actually think his game translates better into the nba game than kembas did.

C

Chief00

Next level right here, even for you. This is why you infuriate the board. I do believe you have some source, maybe your big brother plays golf with Glenn Miller once in a while or something like that.

That said... You did not break this interest. It had been talked about way before you mentioned it on the board. I respect your calls on Drummond and even the JC BC thing but when you say something as ridiculous as this, people forget about the good.

Chief00 Responds - Actually I take dancing lessons from Miller. LOL

I do get amused when I came out with the Heat's interest in Bazz, people shot it down and Fishy joked Pat Riley was sleeping under my bed - now it's public that Pat held a tryout for Bazz. Now the usual suspects say that was conventional knowledge all along.
That's life on a Message Board.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
A person I work with has many connections with Nike, his mentor was Bill Bowerman, and he has a patent he created that nike funded his research.

He told me 3 weeks ago, before the NBA playoffs were over, Lebron was going to opt out of his contract. I didn't believe him and then it happened. Said Lebron doesn't like living in Miami and misses Akron and not to be surprised if he goes back to Cleveland. He spends all his off season in Akron and is not a huge fan of living in South Beach.

I cant really see him going back to Cleveland but I think he wants to go somewhere other than Miami.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
A person I work with has many connections with Nike, his mentor was Bill Bowerman, and he has a patent he created that nike funded his research.

He told me 3 weeks ago, before the NBA playoffs were over, Lebron was going to opt out of his contract. I didn't believe him and then it happened. Said Lebron doesn't like living in Miami and misses Akron and not to be surprised if he goes back to Cleveland. He spends all his off season in Akron and is not a huge fan of living in South Beach.

I cant really see him going back to Cleveland but I think he wants to go somewhere other than Miami.

Maybe this is right, who knows, but all I know is that after believing internet comments like this a few dozen times, to my detriment, I've stopped doing that. It's all noise to me. No offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom