Heads-up: ESPN2 Kentucky at Baylor tonight | The Boneyard

Heads-up: ESPN2 Kentucky at Baylor tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Wonder how that Kentucky rat-game/press will affect the Baylor guards?
Not enough....imo.

Wonder how unsuccessful Kentucky will be in defending Griner?
Pretty unsuccessful.

In our tournament game against Kentucky last March I thought Samarie Walker looked like
the best player on Kentucky....wonder how she looks this time round.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I think it's going to be an interesting game. Kentucky is talented but they have no one like Griner. But they are athletic and tough to guard. I'd say Baylor beats them by about 15 or so.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Maybe if they pull a Villanova (vs. Georgetown) and shoot 79% from the field...

A'dia Mathies can be a very, very good player on a given night, but then Baylor answers with Sims. We'll see what else Kentucky is able to do re: putting a body on Griner. Don't think they will be able to handle her.

Reaction Score
Baylor and Kentucky may have never faced each other, but Samarie has the benefit of having faced Griner and Baylor and she did very well for a freshman in her second game. Two years later, she may have an even better chance now of having an impact.

I still think Baylor runs away with this one, but it should be a fun game to watch.

Reaction Score
I'm interested to see how they slow down the running game...other than just scoring on every possession...

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Looking forward to this. Hope it stays interesting for a little while.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Strange start time - 6:00 PM.
ESPN2 strikes again. Oh well, at least its a game to watch.

Reaction Score
One of the things I will be looking for this season is if some of these other top 10 teams, namely Duke, Maryland, and Kentucky can overtake Stanford and Notre Dame for the Final 4. Last year showed, especially in the case of the ACC teams, there was a huge gap between the top 4 programs and the others. That gap should be gone this year in the case of Stanford and Notre Dame and these other teams. Atleast I hope it is for interest sake.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Walker doing a good job on Griner but the the rest of KY''s defense sucks.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I expect Baylor to win. For various reasons including: home court, all returning starters...ect.

However,

I like Kentucky and I think they will be VERY good by March/April!!!

Yes, they look a little shaky but its the second game of the season and first televised. IMHO this could be their FF year....

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Griner looking *much* better facing up, taking it to the rim, etc. Very, very tough.

Baylor also looking excellent in transition.

U

UCONNfan1

Kentucky getting destroyed. Baylor up 20 and the first half not even over. Kentucky managed to score 15 points so far?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I expect Baylor to win. For various reasons including: home court, all returning starters...ect.

However,

I like Kentucky and I think they will be VERY good by March/April!!!

Yes, they look a little shaky but its the second game of the season and first televised. IMHO this could be their FF year....

They definitely have a shot at the FF... as long as they arent in the same region as Baylor, UCONN, and Duke ;)

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
I am starting to NOT be a fan of Sims!

She is gifted PG but she carries an "attitude" to me....but maybe what I am seeing on the television. I noticed this last year. Anyone else see it or am I crazy?

Reaction Score
Sims came within a whisker of getting a flagrant. The ref talked to her and to Kim. It was an elbow on the floor going for the ball.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
Sims came within a whisker of getting a flagrant. The ref talked to her and to Kim. It was an elbow on the floor going for the ball.

I have seen that from her before. Last season.

Reaction Score
I thought there was supposed to be a good game on tonight????

Reaction Score
It's times like these when it's hard to make the case womens basketball is growing as a sport. Still appears to be a massive gap between the top 2-3 and the rest of the top 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom