Heading to lunch? Free pizza at Little Caeser's today. | The Boneyard

Heading to lunch? Free pizza at Little Caeser's today.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Apparently they had a deal that if a 16 seed beat a one seed, they'd give away pizza. Today is the day.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I see their commercials but have maybe only seen a single restaurant in all of CT.

Reaction Score
I see their commercials but have maybe only seen a single restaurant in all of CT.
There's one in Danbury. It's been there a while but I don't understand how it stays in business. Who wilfully eats little Caesars when there are a half dozen real pizza places within a 5 minute drive?

Reaction Score
Gross.

I got one of their extra most bestest pizzas late last year. I spent the that night and the next day puking my brains out. I'll never eat anything that comes from that place again.

Reaction Score
I got one of their extra most bestest pizzas late last year. I spent the that night and the next day puking my brains out. I'll never eat anything that comes from that place again.

As a follow resident of the DC area, I understand your urgent need for something resembling pizza.

However, there is no need to debase yourself by subjecting your taste buds and, apparently, your digestive tract, to that abomination.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
Apparently they had a deal that if a 16 seed beat a one seed, they'd give away pizza. Today is the day.

image.jpg

Reaction Score
Papa Johns and Papa Gino's are where it's at. Papa Gino's might just be a Massachusetts thing not sure... Both are nasty, but I love them.

Reaction Score
As a follow resident of the DC area, I understand your urgent need for something resembling pizza.

However, there is no need to debase yourself by subjecting your taste buds and, apparently, your digestive tract, to that abomination.

It was a moment of weakness. I've learned my lesson and it will NEVER happen again.

Reaction Score

I lived in DC for 3.5 years. They have a few decent pizza places. Matchbox (liked the Eastern Market location best), Ellas, We the pizza, Graffiato in Chinatown (where I watched Uconn beat Florida :) if I remember correctly) and Petes (Fship Heights location). 2amys was over rated IMO and Albertos in Dupont was perfect for those drunken nights if you were around the area (ie: Lets walk from Adams Morgan to Albertos!) I am sure there are a few others, let me try to remember.

Reaction Score
I lived in DC for 3.5 years. They have a few decent pizza places. Matchbox (liked the Eastern Market location best), Ellas, We the pizza, Graffiato in Chinatown (where I watched Uconn beat Florida :) if I remember correctly) and Petes (Fship Heights location). 2amys was over rated IMO and Albertos in Dupont was perfect for those drunken nights if you were around the area (ie: Lets walk from Adams Morgan to Albertos!)

I'm familiar with all those places and they are fine, in fact We the Pizza is very good.

But that's not really the point; it's true that you can find good pizza if you look hard enough in DC (and are willing to pay).

However, the chances of a random pizza place you come across being even mediocre is extreamly low. Whereas, if I'm driving through CT and come across a random pizza place, I would be very confident that I'm getting at least a halfway decent pie.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Papa Johns and Papa Gino's are where it's at. Papa Gino's might just be a Massachusetts thing not sure... Both are nasty, but I love them.
Papa Gino's is absolutely disgusting. Papa John's is actually not terrible for chain pizza.

Reaction Score
I'm familiar with all those places and they are fine, in fact We the Pizza is very good.

But that's not really the point; it's true that you can find good pizza if you look hard enough in DC (and are willing to pay).

However, the chances of a random pizza place you come across being even mediocre is extreamly low. Whereas, if I'm driving through CT and come across a random pizza place, I would be very confident that I'm getting at least a halfway decent pie.
Fair enough. I remember walking into Ledos once and just...uck....I think ditto for this Bolis place. DC is hit or miss and I found that just because it looks fancy, does not mean it is solid. Dupont and logan circle were proof positive of that for many styles of food. I remember finding a place in NE DC, kinda out of the way for most people,I think called Monmale which was much more basic but super good. It just showed me, at least IMHO, that DC tends to go style over substance, at least in the NW corridor with its food.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

I think there's one in Manchester where Cardio Express is at. I think they may also be in K-Marts, if any of those exist in CT.

Reaction Score
There's one in Danbury. It's been there a while but I don't understand how it stays in business. Who wilfully eats little Caesars when there are a half dozen real pizza places within a 5 minute drive?
Is Papa Gino's still around CT.? I always thought that was by far the best chain pizza back in the day, I legit thought it was pretty good.

Reaction Score
Don't understand how Domino's and Pizza Hut survive either. There isn't an area in Connecticut that doesn't have good pizza.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Whereas, if I'm driving through CT and come across a random pizza place, I would be very confident that I'm getting at least a halfway decent pie.

as long is it isnt a Greek monstrosity.

I am going to run for state representative on a 2 issue platform of legal weed (I dont puff myself, but it should still be legal ;we need the tax $), and making greek pizza illegal so it doesnt water down our state batting average.

#MCGA

Reaction Score
If you have a job, and you wait in like an hour line to get a free little caesar's pizza, please just give up
We Connecticut residents are pizza snobs (just look at the long pizza thread). We deserve to be pizza snobs compared to most of the country and the thought of standing in line at a Little Caesars is laughable.

Reaction Score
It's been many, many years, but I remember Papa Gino's being very good. Granted this was long before I had discerning tastebuds, but...

As with another poster... How the hell is Pizza Hut still in business? I get Domino's b/c it is cheap and delivery is key. It's awful, but I get that. But I don't think Pizza Hut delivers and it's gross on top of that. How is it that they are everywhere?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom