Head Coaching carrousel mania for 2020 begins | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Head Coaching carrousel mania for 2020 begins

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

God that was a fun read. Godfrey has talent.

So there are two sides to this coin and he does a marvelous job arguing the entire choice is a fools errand for Malzahn and UCF. I think the flip side is rather simple, Malzahn decided this would be a fun challenge (something that could fill his large ego), at least for a year or two and then whatever.

So are we going to get that ConFLiCT series extended with a new H & H? Come on AD David Benedict, make the call to your old buddy Gus. And have fun with it, float it in public. The people want ConFLiCT. They want more than the one off game scheduled this fall.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
So Rhett Lashley is now 37 and never been a head coach.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
So Rhett Lashley is now 37 and never been a head coach.
Yep.

He's got a brand. ESPN just loved him up the first half of 2020 when Miami had a decent start. They would talk more about him than anyone else when calling the games.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
God that was a fun read. Godfrey has talent.

So there are two sides to this coin and he does a marvelous job arguing the entire choice is a fools errand for Malzahn and UCF. I think the flip side is rather simple, Malzahn decided this would be a fun challenge (something that could fill his large ego), at least for a year or two and then whatever.

So are we going to get that ConFLiCT series extended with a new H & H? Come on AD David Benedict, make the call to your old buddy Gus. And have fun with it, float it in public. The people want ConFLiCT. They want more than the one off game scheduled this fall.
I think he has a couple questionable points.

First....calling out his age. He is 55....not 65. Age is not a factor here at all. I think he is the perfect age....young enough to survive on the recruiting trail and old enough to know the ropes. He really tried to make Malzahn sound old "What is the value proposition for Malzahn, five years from 60". That's just silly.

Second...he doesn't give malzahn credit at all for running a fairly successful program for years. He acts as if Lashlee and Malzahn are on the same level just because they run the same offense. They aren't on the same level. As we painfully learned at UConn, top coordinator experience is not the same as head coaching experience.

I think it was a great hire for UCF....not sure it was the best move for Malzahn, but great for UCF.

Reaction Score

First....calling out his age. He is 55....not 65. Age is not a factor here at all. I think he is the perfect age....young enough to survive on the recruiting trail and old enough to know the ropes. He really tried to make Malzahn sound old "What is the value proposition for Malzahn, five years from 60". That's just silly.

Second...he doesn't give malzahn credit at all for running a fairly successful program for years. He acts as if Lashlee and Malzahn are on the same level just because they run the same offense. They aren't on the same level. As we painfully learned at UConn, top coordinator experience is not the same as head coaching experience.

I think it was a great hire for UCF....not sure it was the best move for Malzahn, but great for UCF.
I did think he was older than 55. Younger people sometimes point to age because they (the younger) lack the experience.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

I see the piece as a general taunt and flex of typical SEC fandom arrogance over their brethren. It was intended for maximum insult delivered with flair and for that I thought 'mission accomplished.'

Is Malzahn a good hire for UCF? I think so - most do - Godfrey just had fun arguing the other side of it all.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Poindexter (love that name!) was Diaco's DC when at UConn. Does he find a way to open a back door for Diaco to enter Happy Valley?

Reaction Score
Poindexter (love that name!) was Diaco's DC when at UConn. Does he find a way to open a back door for Diaco to enter Happy Valley?

No. Poindexter would be smart to keep distance between himself and Diaco. Diaco needs to either DC at and FCS school or LB coach at a DI school.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Former University of New Haven/CCSU Head Coach Pete Rossomondo moving on from Vandy OL job after coaching change...

Interesting, older than I thought....did 7 years as Albany's OC a decade ago, then HC at New Haven for five seasons (success) and then CCSU for five seasons (incomplete turnaround) before doing a year as OL coach at Rutty for the last year of the Ash regime, then a year at Vandy and now Charlotte.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom