Head Coaching carrousel mania for 2020 begins | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Head Coaching carrousel mania for 2020 begins

Reaction Score
I've been very surprised that Frost hasn't done better...what is the story? Is he not getting the athletes he needs to run his scheme?
They can't get much recruiting traction in texas anymore, and who from the big ten area wants to go spend 4 years in Nebraska?

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Vandy is a tough job. Between the competition and the schools entrance requirements, it's tough to win there. They had a lot of opt outs this year that didn't help.

Reaction Score
1st year Vandy OC and interim head coach now for a few games, Todd Fitch was an OC for UConn (96-98), ECU and LaTech with Skippy and for similarly brief stops at a few other schools. Ex-Central, New Haven and Rutgers coach and current 1st year Commodores’ OL coach Peter Rossomando’s may also move on after Vandy hires a new head coach. Tough gigs.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Clark Lea would probably be a good choice as head coach for Vandy. There is a good history of ex Notre Dame defensive coordinators becoming successful head coaches.
?????? Please tell me you are kidding here.

Reaction Score
Clark Lea would probably be a good choice as head coach for Vandy. There is a good history of ex Notre Dame defensive coordinators becoming successful head coaches.

Did you mean that in a general way or as a definitive statement? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Where? You have any specifics to back that up? Some of us may beg to differ.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Good summary by Feldman in the Athletic of coaching options. Interesting to read that Herman's seat in Texas is warm and that Urban Meyer may be a good fit. Texas has amazing resources and recruiting....but short on patience.

Meyer has said ND is his dream job, but Kelly isn't going anywhere. I wonder if he would consider Michigan if Harbaugh leaves? Or USC?

Reaction Score
I’m sure it was a joke?
It's a joke. Since 1986 there have been 5 ND DCs that went on to become head coaches: Barry Alvarez, Gary Darnell, Bob Davie, Rick Minter, and Bob Diaco. Only Alvarez can be called a successful head coach.

Reaction Score
Good summary by Feldman in the Athletic of coaching options. Interesting to read that Herman's seat in Texas is warm and that Urban Meyer may be a good fit. Texas has amazing resources and recruiting....but short on patience.

Meyer has said ND is his dream job, but Kelly isn't going anywhere. I wonder if he would consider Michigan if Harbaugh leaves? Or USC?

Urban Meyer is not gonna go to Michigan

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Urban Meyer is not gonna go to Michigan

Agree. But Texas is a sleeping giant in basically every sport.

Reaction Score
I think between Michigan, Texas or USC, Michigan is least likely.

He is a bit unpredictable though.
Um, USC is undefeated, ranked and having a great recruiting year. Other than that, I could see a vacancy opening up there.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Um, USC is undefeated, ranked and having a great recruiting year. Other than that, I could see a vacancy opening up there.
Um...Clay Helton nearly lost his job last year. He is 3-0 this year but almost lost his two first games where they were favored. I am not saying it's a lock that he is gone this year...but it's possible. Especially if Meyer wants the job.

Reaction Score
According to my (very good) source in Austin, despite attempts to deflect his intentions, Urban Meyer will be the next football coach at the University of Texas. “It’s all in the works as we speak.”
Who knows if it’s real but my guy is very connected to the UT Athletic department and has been accurate on past moves. And it makes sense. His “health issues“ have now subsided, allowing Tom Herman the country bumpkin (and Meyers former OC at OSU) to be supplanted by Urban Meyer the corporate assassin. Oh, and there’s also a big check to be written.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom