HE Tourney Opening Round: UConn @ Northeastern -- 3/3 @ 7P & 3/5 @ 7p | Page 4 | The Boneyard

HE Tourney Opening Round: UConn @ Northeastern -- 3/3 @ 7P & 3/5 @ 7p

Reaction Score
It was a blow to the head along the boards in the Northeastern zone 200 feet from Huska.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
It was a blow to the head along the boards in the Northeastern zone 200 feet from Huska.
Yep....and definitely the right call. The guy dropped like a sack of potatoes. Selfish move by Richardson.

Reaction Score
#MasoniusmusthavestoleyourkidsspotonUSNDTP

you are like a broken record with that..get a new tune

So easily triggered. His terrible play and Cav's meddling with the line combinations unnecessarily resulted in tonight.

Reaction Score
Morgan tossed

So if Nichols can somehow get thrown out it will make it all 3 seniors ejected from their final game

Reaction Score
Yep....and definitely the right call. The guy dropped like a sack of potatoes. Selfish move by Richardson.

Too bad they didn't call this last night. Legit major elbow to the head last night right in front of Keenan and no call.

Reaction Score
So easily triggered. His terrible play and Cav's meddling with the line combinations unnecessarily resulted in tonight.
Oh yeah he personally was responsible for EVERY goal tonight! You have an agenda against the kid and post something about how bad he is EACH AND EVERY GAME! Your act is getting old and you are a complete ! But then again you also think that there is no excuse for students not driving to games at the XL Center because they can split parking and that makes it cheap.

Reaction Score
Last night was our game to win.
Tonight we hung in there but the major penalty basically ended the series.
What's everyone's guess on Tage? Is that strictly a St. Louis call based on whether they think he can handle AHL play yet?

Reaction Score
Oh yeah he personally was responsible for EVERY goal tonight! You have an agenda against the kid and post something about how bad he is EACH AND EVERY GAME! Your act is getting old and you are a complete ! But then again you also think that there is no excuse for students not driving to games at the XL Center because they can split parking and that makes it cheap.

He's a horrendous defenseman and has contributed more to the opposition then his own team this entire season, not really debatable. Clearly not responsible for every goal tonight but is directly responsible for us having to play NU in the first place and not finishing 8th - along with Cav meddling with the line combinations when we were going pretty good.

But then again you also think that there is no excuse for students not driving to games at the XL Center because they can split parking and that makes it cheap

Says the guy who thinks students will show up for hockey in Storrs when we can't even sellout Gampel for basketball :rolleyes:

Go ahead and block me if you're gonna continue being so easily triggered by others opinions.

Reaction Score
Nichols shoulda started. Why put huska 2 nights in a row as a freshman? Give Nichols the last game...
He thinks Huska is better and by all accounts Huska played pretty well last night. When your back is to the wall a coach goes with the guy he has the most confidence in.

Reaction Score
Nichols shoulda started. Why put huska 2 nights in a row as a freshman? Give Nichols the last game...

Yea I thought for sure Cav was gonna give him the nod tonight.

Reaction Score
masonious should be a forward. Are we bringing in any good defenseman next year?

Reaction Score
Last night was our game to win.
Tonight we hung in there but the major penalty basically ended the series.
What's everyone's guess on Tage? Is that strictly a St. Louis call based on whether they think he can handle AHL play yet?

Think he's gone considering the bad taste this has to leave in his mouth. If this was the early 2000's or 90's I don't think there would be a chance he turns pro.

Reaction Score
In regards to Nichols, it is not fair to the rest of the team, or any playoff team, to make decisions based upon sentimentality.

In regards to Thompson, he could be playing professionally this time next week.

Reaction Score
What happened with Newpower? He absolutely fell off the radar after being one of our best Dmen in the first half of the season. I know he started getting a lot of penalties but Masnonius still had more (16v14)

Newpower was a +8 on the season, Masnonius -9 (2nd worst on the team)

Reaction Score
He's a horrendous defenseman and has contributed more to the opposition then his own team this entire season, not really debatable. Clearly not responsible for every goal tonight but is directly responsible for us having to play NU in the first place and not finishing 8th - along with Cav meddling with the line combinations when we were going pretty good.

Says the guy who thinks students will show up for hockey in Storrs when we can't even sellout Gampel for basketball :rolleyes:

Go ahead and block me if you're gonna continue being so easily triggered by others opinions.
Only opinions made by a born with a silver spoon in his mouth and a allowance when he went to college that allows him to think that kids should be carpooling to games in Hartford because parking is cheap. If you honestly think that Masonius is the ONLY reason they had to play Northeastern on the road this year you are out of your mind. Don't worry I'm not gonna block you..it's much more fun responding to your moronic posts!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You have to tip your cap to NU. They are a solid HE team. NU is just a bad match up for UConn. In the grand scheme of things, UCONN's season was respectable. UConn just needs to continue building the program. Next season should be fun. Hopefully St Louis will allow Thompson to return next year. Another year in HE will do him good. I would like to see UConn get the 6 or 7 seed next season. That seems like a reasonable goal. UConn just needs to keep building the program. We are heading in the right direction. It just takes time., and that's something we have plenty of.

Reaction Score
Talked to a higher up who spoke to Cav before the season. cav told him he thought max and tage would both be back for two more years.
Of course that was six months ago...

Reaction Score
I don't think Thompson is ready yet...he will get eaten alive in the AHL right now..he isn't strong enough to play there yet. After next season..that's a different ball game.

Reaction Score
Hopefully he does return because this team would have a chance to put on a show next season. I'm just not too optimistic about what his decision will be.

Reaction Score
Hopefully he does return because this team would have a chance to put on a show next season. I'm just not too optimistic about what his decision will be.
The one thing that will be a factor to me in him staying...his father knows the AHL and knows what it will take for his son to succeed and make it to the NHL. If he is having trouble now with teams putting a body on him every game it will only get worse in the AHL and even worse in the NHL.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom