"He had a headache...it comes up when he exerts energy." | Page 2 | The Boneyard

"He had a headache...it comes up when he exerts energy."

Reaction Score
I’m not discounting Larrier’s illness. The real issue is that this program is so depleted that the loss of him leaves this team with no other options.

Reaction Score
Remember when UConn beat Stanford on the road with both Hamilton and Khalid injured? Back when UConn has toughness and pride?
And Depth and experience.
Also I believe Khalid played
This team has two legimate players one decent player and freshman who are improving
One of the two legimate’s didn’t play.
On the road against a team playing pretty well in the second game of a long road trip. What surprises me is how people are so surprised and even offended by the loss. This was a predictable loss made worse by no Larrier .
This team with the loss of Gilbert has to play with maximum defensive intensity or they will be blown out. Doing that every game is a tall order for a young team until they grasp the team defense concept.
I think if Larrier is healthy they will surprise a lot of people against Nova.
At least that what real UConn fans are hoping for.
Wait a minute didn’t you make the same lack of toughness and pride post after the 2014 team was blown out at Louisville. That’s when a guys with your toughness and pride usually show up
Ya that team had no toughness and pride.

Reaction Score
I think it was RIP and Voskhul.

Who was out against Indiana back in 07' or 08' when we beat them when they were highly ranked at their home court? I want to say Dyson and maybe someone else that Calhoun said that I'm soaked from hugging all my players.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Who was out against Indiana back in 07' or 08' when we beat them when they were highly ranked at their home court? I want to say Dyson and maybe someone else that Calhoun said that I'm soaked from hugging all my players.
I think Dyson and Wiggins.

pj

Reaction Score
A disabling headache when you exert yourself is a career-ending condition for a basketball player.

I hope they find the problem and fix it ASAP. Unfortunately, my experience with the medical profession does not give me hope.

Bad luck for Ollie if for a second year in a row two of his best three players are out.

Reaction Score
A disabling headache when you exert yourself is a career-ending condition for a basketball player.

I hope they find the problem and fix it ASAP. Unfortunately, my experience with the medical profession does not give me hope.

Bad luck for Ollie if for a second year in a row two of his best three players are out.
Can't tell if this is satire.

Reaction Score
Back in the 90's I was diagnosed with stress headaches. I could work all day but when it came time to sleep my brain went in overdrive. Doc gave me some meds and I started getting 9 hours sleep a night and the dreams were amazing.

Maybe Larrier needs the antidote.
What med? Asking for a friend.

Reaction Score
Maybe his head hurts thinking about how he might get exposed against Nova.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Excedrine for a cluster is like trying to put out a forest fire with a squirt gun.

I just read yesterday: If you suffer from cluster headaches, carry 1000mg of tylenol around with you. The moment you feel it coming on, take it. You won't get it. Even 5 minutes is too much time. People were talking about how it changed their lives.

Reaction Score
Remember when UConn beat Stanford on the road with both Hamilton and Khalid injured? Back when UConn has toughness and pride?
It was Hamilton and Voskuhl. And that team had Freeman, Khalid and Ricky Moore on the floor, in addition to Rashamel Jones and Edmund Saunders, all or most of whom are better at their position than anyone on this roster.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Remember when suggesting that people are expecting a Calhoun era-level program no matter who the coach is instigated a full pile-on?

Reaction Score
A few years ago I got awful piercing headaches out of nowhere when I was working out. They put me on indomethacin about an hour before working out and they went away instantly. I got about half way through the script, tried working out without it, and I haven't gotten one of those headaches in years now. Hopefully there's a similar solution for Larrier. Those headaches were the worst pain I've ever experienced. I thought I was dying the first time it happened

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
I just read yesterday: If you suffer from cluster headaches, carry 1000mg of tylenol around with you. The moment you feel it coming on, take it. You won't get it. Even 5 minutes is too much time. People were talking about how it changed their lives.

Do you have a link for that?

It is really difficult for me to believe. I usually have about 5 minutes between onset and full blown CH. Doesn’t seem like Tylenol would have a chance to take effect. one of the first meds I was prescribed was Imitrex in a pill form.It would take close to hour to have an effect and by then I would be in a death spiral.

Now I have nasal inhalers and injections of imitrex. But avoid using them because it loses efffectiveness with repeated use. Hyperventilating pure oxygen is my go to.

pj

Reaction Score
A few years ago I got awful piercing headaches out of nowhere when I was working out. They put me on indomethacin about an hour before working out and they went away instantly. I got about half way through the script, tried working out without it, and I haven't gotten one of those headaches in years now. Hopefully there's a similar solution for Larrier. Those headaches were the worst pain I've ever experienced. I thought I was dying the first time it happened

Dehydration is a contributor to headaches and common during workouts. I wonder if you just had the right confluence of circumstances to bring the headache on.

Reaction Score
Dehydration is a contributor to headaches and common during workouts. I wonder if you just had the right confluence of circumstances to bring the headache on.
no I played sports my entire childhood and young adult life and had dehydration headaches before. this was completely different. the doctor said sometimes it just happens to people. he said it could always come back and we'd explore further if it did but it's been several years now and they just disappeared. it happened while running, lifting weights, any sort of physical activity besides walking brought it on

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom