Hayes projected to be All-American but no one else | The Boneyard

Hayes projected to be All-American but no one else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If Tif plays and makes 1st team all american, Uconn makes the final four.
Don't think any other UConn players should be pre-season AA due to youth, injury or lack of offense. But they will all have a chance to make the real AA team at the end of the season.

Reaction Score
Not sure about Hampton, but Tiff will have to really improve to be in same 5 word sentence that includes Griner/Diggins/"O". That is pretty high expectations for a senior who I don't think was on any AA lists in her junior year.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
OUCH!!! Gotta disagree on this one. I am not saying she cant do it, but I dont think thats deserving at this stage.......
She IS talented enough, but she has got some work ahead of her to end the season as a 1st team AA.

I honestly think Hartley or Dolson will have a better shot. Hopefully I am wrong, but thats just my opinion.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
really can't argue with much, if any, of what they came up with. of course it's preseason predictions. Tiff on 1st team. no Bria or Stef, but no Simms, Schimmel, or Ogwumike either.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Well Im a bit surprised. Stef imo is one of the best post players in WCBB. Griner Stef and Bone in no specific order .

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Just to be clear, the linked AA teams were put together by College Sports Madness. I have a thread with this site's top 44 teams which unveils a new team every day. I've linked the site because it provides information on each team, including new players, likely starters, etc.. I haven't been able to learn much about the CSM writers who put together these lists and rankings.

In any event, I think it's important to at least mention that when the All American lists that people actually care about are revealed at the end of the season, no one is going to remember or care what College Sports Madness had to say.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Why is anyone taking this site seriously? It's not the official NCAA AA teams. It's an independant site with writers from who knows where. You too can write for them. Just look at the links at the bottom of their site.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Why is anyone taking this site seriously? It's not the official NCAA AA teams. It's an independant site with writers from who knows where. You too can write for them. Just look at the links at the bottom of their site.

Exactly. I almost mentioned this as well.

Like I said, I've linked the site for its top 44 teams only because it's a resource for information on new players, who was lost to graduation, likely starters, etc. Based on what I've read, these writers -- whoever they are -- shouldn't be viewed as experts.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Exactly. I almost mentioned this as well.

Like I said, I've linked the site for its top 44 teams only because it's a resource for information on new players, who was lost to graduation, likely starters, etc. Based on what I've read, these writers -- whoever they are -- shouldn't be viewed as experts.
I like the countdown. Good info on teams.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Nice recognition for Tiff.

The lists are a little different.

I have faith in Tiff. Ask every coach in America if they want Tiff on their team. The response will be unanimous.

Reaction Score
Speculation on Tiffany making it is, well, silly. I mean, we all hope she has a blockbuster season and, as someone said above, if she has an AA season, UConn is on its way to great things. But the idea that she, of all the team members, would be a preseason AA is based on exactly nothing except her status as a UConn senior.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
he had a 1st 2 seasons... some will say her 3rd wasnt tha bad. I think most wanted/expected Tiff to "help Maya" even more.

too bad she's the fall-gal in outcome of last season.

Hopefully she shows out during the big games since focus will be the "UConn star players"

Reaction Score
he had a 1st 2 seasons... some will say her 3rd wasnt tha bad. I think most wanted/expected Tiff to "help Maya" even more.

too bad she's the fall-gal in outcome of last season.

Hopefully she shows out during the big games since focus will be the "UConn star players"

The fact is that UConn did not play well against Notre Dame. Notre Dame was the better team in that particular game. Notre Dame scored 46 second half points and shot 52% for the game. For the UConn players, no one not named Maya Moore played well while shooting a collective 11-29.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I wouldn't laugh about Bone, but I wouldn't put her ahead of Stef either.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Well Im a bit surprised. Stef imo is one of the best post players in WCBB. Griner Stef and Bone in no specific order .
+1. End of season, Stef should be on the final list.

Reaction Score
Kelsey Bone went 14 and 9 as a Gamecock freshman.

She also was cut this past summer from the WUG. If she was in the category of those other players, she would have made that team.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think Bone was a primary scoring threat and got lots of PT. Hence, nice stats. She had a good season. I thought that Stef was better at the end of last season.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
exactly. and she had a whole year off to work on fitness and continue to learn while sitting out a year at aTm. i think Kizer will have a big year. Also Cierra Bravard should put up big numbers. Also maybe Reed (Texas), Oliver (RU), and Tinkle or Booth at Stanford. those are the elite centers i can think of off the top of my head who could have "big" years...

Reaction Score
The fact is that UConn did not play well against Notre Dame. Notre Dame was the better team in that particular game. Notre Dame scored 46 second half points and shot 52% for the game. For the UConn players, no one not named Maya Moore played well while shooting a collective 11-29.

If you are Scottie Pippen and don't support Michael you get noted more than Cartwright or Horace. If you are Robin, you need to be Robin when it counts. Tiff. has yet to develop a mid range game, puts a lot of pressure on her less than average 3 point shot or getting to the rim (especially in a game with the pony tailed ref). She takes more heat as more was expected of her.

Reaction Score
Tiffany's 2010-11 statistics were actually better than Bria's and Stef's. The Big East coaches, whose teams have played against her, have projected her a first team Big East. Surely these coaches are more knowledgeable. It is most likely Tif will be on all of the All-American projections as well. If not first team then 2nd or 3rd team. This year there is no Maya to defer to. Tif will step up and play as an All-American.

But the idea that she, of all the team members, would be a preseason AA is based on exactly nothing except her status as a UConn senior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom