Hayes projected to be All-American but no one else | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hayes projected to be All-American but no one else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
one of the things i'll be most interested in is how the all american selectors at season's end handle EDD. i'm guessing that she will be not be given quite the respect she deserves, due to the schedule that delaware plays. she certainly was most impressive at the world university games, especially compared to,say, keisha hampton. is there a better offensive forward, or player, for that matter, in the country?

Reaction Score
If you are Scottie Pippen and don't support Michael you get noted more than Cartwright or Horace. If you are Robin, you need to be Robin when it counts. Tiff. has yet to develop a mid range game, puts a lot of pressure on her less than average 3 point shot or getting to the rim (especially in a game with the pony tailed ref). She takes more heat as more was expected of her.

A plausible argument. Still, it is hard to beat a team that scores 46 points in a half. As poorly as UConn played offensively, they did not have their defense in attendance to bail them out.

Reaction Score
one of the things i'll be most interested in is how the all american selectors at season's end handle EDD. i'm guessing that she will be not be given quite the respect she deserves, due to the schedule that delaware plays. she certainly was most impressive at the world university games, especially compared to,say, keisha hampton. is there a better offensive forward, or player, for that matter, in the country?

EDD is, obviously, very good, but she will not get the respect she deserves until Delaware plays better. A CAA championship and a NCAA Tournament bid assures her of the respect she deserves.

Reaction Score
Why do you feel this way? I assure you, no one else on this board feels this way.

Well I am obsessed with the team, but know there's always others out there with more knowledge and experience. I've just been following the team since 2002 since i'm just 23, so I respect my elders hahaha.

Reaction Score
She also was cut this past summer from the WUG. If she was in the category of those other players, she would have made that team.

Team USA chose to just keep one center on that team, Lynetta Kizer. Should Kizer's name have been included in the original list of top post players? She is pretty darn good. I, personally, put little stock in these Team USA selections. It is possible that Bone was just not a good fit, or, after a year out of competition, did not arrive fit at the trials.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Tiffany's 2010-11 statistics were actually better than Bria's and Stef's. The Big East coaches, whose teams have played against her, have projected her a first team Big East. Surely these coaches are more knowledgeable. It is most likely Tif will be on all of the All-American projections as well. If not first team then 2nd or 3rd team. This year there is no Maya to defer to. Tif will step up and play as an All-American.
They should have been better than two freshmen.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
EDD is, obviously, very good, but she will not get the respect she deserves until Delaware plays better. A CAA championship and a NCAA Tournament bid assures her of the respect she deserves.
Bill Fennelly (Iowa State) said that Elena was the best player on Team USA, over Skylar, Nneka, Chiney, et al. When she plays on a very good team and does not draw the entire defense, she is fabulous. On the Delaware team, the opposition focuses on her.

Elena may get respect from her WUG success in the summer. It will be interesting to see how she does at Delaware. If they can win 25 games and get into the second weekend of NCAAs, she'll get recognition. If they go 18-10 and do not win their conference, she likely will not.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Bill Fennelly (Iowa State) said that Elena was the best player on Team USA, over Skylar, Nneka, Chiney, et al. When she plays on a very good team and does not draw the entire defense, she is fabulous. On the Delaware team, the opposition focuses on her.

Elena may get respect from her WUG success in the summer. It will be interesting to see how she does at Delaware. If they can win 25 games and get into the second weekend of NCAAs, she'll get recognition. If they go 18-10 and do not win their conference, she likely will not.

I watched a couple of Elena's games on TV last season and based on her performance in those games I was surprised to read Fennelly's comments. But it's not fair to judge her based on only a couple of games on TV. So, I am determined to attend some UD games this season. In fact, Elena and her teammates play Penn State at home on Nov 17 and @ Villanova (3 miles from home) on Nov 22 and I hope to be at both games.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
exactly. and she had a whole year off to work on fitness and continue to learn while sitting out a year at aTm. i think Kizer will have a big year. Also Cierra Bravard should put up big numbers. Also maybe Reed (Texas), Oliver (RU), and Tinkle or Booth at Stanford. those are the elite centers i can think of off the top of my head who could have "big" years...

also, Bone practiced daily with Adams & Colson, she wasnt injured or rehabbing so she went to TAMU and got on the floor right away.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I saw the UDel v. JMU conference finals. EDD was good, but JMU focused on her totally and got physical. I was thinking that Maya would have done much better in that situation. But if a team has to play EDD straight up, they will be in deep trouble. We would have been 39-0 last year with her.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
also, Bone practiced daily with Adams & Colson, she wasnt injured or rehabbing so she went to TAMU and got on the floor right away.

It's easy to forget about Bone since she's been out the past year, but it won't be long before she reminds people that she's still around. It will be fun watching Bone / Griner, but this will be the only year to witness those battles. Intensity will be high, especially with Tex A&M bolting to the SEC next year. There's alot of drama brewing between those programs right now.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
If this was discussed on the board before I apologize, but why did Bone transfer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom