Hawkins needed to be on the court | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hawkins needed to be on the court

Reaction Score
I actually addressed this in a different thread. I don’t think Hawkins has that bad of a handle/dribble, and on the contrary, I believe his handle is quite good. Hawkins problem right now is that he is going too fast. As someone who played sports their entire life, it’s a pretty common thing when you’re sped up, to make your move and do it so quickly, maybe even preplanned, that you end up going without the ball. To me it looks like this is exactly what’s happening to him on the handful of plays where he lost the ball.

Also, if you watch the few times he actually went one on one and tried to take his man off the dribble, he fared quite well. Bouknight, for comparison, actually struggled and still does at the nba/gleague level, at taking his man off the dribble and losing the ball. Hawkins is much more polished in this area.

Hurley and staff should be able to fix this quite easily by just getting him to slow down a notch.

Maybe I'm old school... but if you dribble the ball by your collarbone multiple times a game, including with TOs... your handle ain't good.

The cause may be playing too fast or something other than his dexterity or technique, but the result is the same. Turnovers. Shakiness vs the press. All that.

Reaction Score
Yep a Jalen Adams would go well
with this team.
Unfortunately for both sides the timing didn’t work.
Most agree that the addition of a shooter like Vital is a missing dimension. CV didn’t exactly have the best handle yet Putting this kid in who probably shoots better than CV depends on him having Adams handle
This board gets more bizarre.daily.
This kid has to get minutes , if he screws up so be it . In business we would say the upside far exceeds the downside risk.
Or in vernacular it’s a no brainer.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Jordan looks really smooth. He just needs to forget a bad play and move on. Gets too worked up.

Reaction Score
We had this same conversation last year with Sanogo, and literally the year before with bouknight.

Whether by disposition or some idea of earning your stripes Hurley really leans on the upperclassmen early in the year until they prove they can't get the job done and then transitions the young's into prominent roles after the new year.

Do I think it's odd he either believes this strategy is right or can't see the pattern and adjust? Yes I do.

Should we be surprised by this thing he does every year? No.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
Yep a Jalen Adams would go well
with this team.
Unfortunately for both sides the timing didn’t work.
Most agree that the addition of a shooter like Vital is a missing dimension. CV didn’t exactly have the best handle yet Putting this kid in who probably shoots better than CV depends on him having Adams handle
This board gets more bizarre.daily.
This kid has to get minutes , if he screws up so be it . In business we would say the upside far exceeds the downside risk.
Or in vernacular it’s a no brainer.
I had this exact thought a couple of days ago. How good would this team be with Jalen Adams on it?
Not to say others of wouldn't fill the need but Adams would be plenty to make this team exceptional

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
My line up

C Adama
F Jackson
Sf martin
G Hawkins
G Cole

C Whalley
F Polley
F Akok
G gaffney
G diggins
There are some here who want Whalley coming off the bench. That ain't gonna happen. You can ask for Hawkins in place of AJax but as long as Cole, Martin, Sanogo and Whalley are healthy they will be starting the entire season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom