Hawkins injury update? | The Boneyard

Hawkins injury update?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
My completely non-medical with no actual information on his health assessment puts him at 0% chance of playing against DePaul and wouldn't be surprised if he sits out the BET too.

Twice in a four day period he's had his bell rung hard enough to be wobbly.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
My completely non-medical with no actual information on his health assessment puts him at 0% chance of playing against DePaul and wouldn't be surprised if he sits out the BET too.

No way against DePaul.

I am just nervous that he is done for the year.

Way too many concussion type things we have seen the last few years that have really dragged out.

Just hoping not a long term issue for The Hawk.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
No way against DePaul.

I am just nervous that he is done for the year.

Way too many concussion type things we have seen the last few years that have really dragged out.

Just hoping not a long term issue for The Hawk.
Yeah. Let him get rest for the BET and NCAAT.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Yeah. Let him get rest for the BET and NCAAT.
It would only be a week between creighton and BET. Would it really be worth the risk to throw him out there for that?

I would really expect UConn to sit him for the BET, and if all goes well get him back for NCAA first round.

I would think this is the optimistic scenario.

Call me a doom sayer, but brain injuries not something you wanna mess with. Another one and you start having career worrying thoughts.

Reaction Score
What in the world are you talking about. He set a solid screen. More than legal and he never moved his body to change the angle to make the contact worse. It’s not Creighton’s fault that Hawkins had no court awareness and none of his teammates helped him

That's 100% on his teammates not communicating. You can't see every screen, especially when you're playing hard defense. It's on the forwards and bigs to call out screens aggressively.

It was a fantastic screen. Didn't look like he would've had as much issue normally--I'm thinking the knock from our last game effected him more than we thought.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Yeah, what a great idea - likely use one of our precious frontcourt fouls to retaliate for a legal screen. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reaction Score
But that’s the point — they didn’t do anything to put Hawkins in risk of a concussion. They set a pick. As each team did scores of time during the game. We could attempt “revenge” by setting screens right and left, and the odds we’d hurt anyone with a legal screen are incredibly low.
Kinda like the old Jake Voskul screens - legal but dangerous

Reaction Score
Did we have a player in recent years who had similar concussion issues off screens. I swear we did but can’t recall who the hell it was.

Reaction Score
Evaluated? He was 100% out of it, wobbling and probably talking gibberish. 2-4 weeks, maybe more.

Should get a CAT scan, dangerous stuff here.

My credentials- I slept at a Holiday Inn last night.

Reaction Score
Did we have a player in recent years who had similar concussion issues off screens. I swear we did but can’t recall who the hell it was.
I think Gilbert got injured on a couple screens, but more shoulder than concussion.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
. It’s not Creighton’s fault that Hawkins had no court awareness and none of his teammates helped him
I think it was more the second part than the first.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Should get a CAT scan, dangerous stuff here.
1646322747498.jpeg

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I am embarrassed to admit that I fell asleep in the recliner before Hawk got injured and didn‘t wake up until there were like three minutes left in the game (hey, I was up early and had a long day!).

In any event, I have not seen the collision or any of the aftermath. If anyone is aware of any video I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Reaction Score
That was like running into a wall and no one gave him a heads up so he was completely unprepared. He looked pretty wobbly.

Reaction Score
Can we please pump the brakes on diagnosing Hawkins from a couple minutes of observation on TV? It could be minor, or more serious.

Hopefully he can bounce back and have a wonderful experience at MSG and during the NCAA tournament. Even if he passes the protocol/test, I'd be surprised if we see him for DePaul.

It's such a shame. This is a guy that needs to build confidence and get in a rhythm.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score

Head stuff is no joke. PCS sometimes doesn’t go away or takes a long time. Guys I played youth and high school football with are struggling neurologically now later in life. Something that we should take extreme precaution with given this is 2 games in a row now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom