Hawkins injury update? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Hawkins injury update?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Ugh. The timing of this sucks. He’s an important piece for a team that struggles shot making.

Reaction Score
This puts even more pressure on our starters to perform as the bench got even shorter and less players to rest them. Too bad Diggins can't play meaningful minutes. Maybe Akok can step in and finally perform? LOL! no. It will almost impossible for us to with the BET with 7 players.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Idk if anyone pointed it out cause this thread is really bad, but I don’t think Sanogo was close enough to call out the screen, Hawkins probably wouldn’t hear him since he’s laser focused on pressing. Just bad luck for Hawk.

Reaction Score
During the broadcast, before the pick, they were saying the staff was worried about him after the previous game.

Still don't get the call for retaliation by some. Sanogo should hack the crap out of a guy because he failed to yell out a pick. I don't buy Creighton was 'hunting' for Hawkins either. If Hawk was iffy for the game, than Creighton is suppose to take it easy on him? Set hard picks and play the hard defense UConn usually plays. It wears on a team.

Finally, any nuerologist will tell you that you don't have to have head impact to cause a concussion. Just hope the young man is alright because he's fun to watch and has a bright future.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Some people are on force ignore because they are too immature to ignore posters they dislike. It's a two way ignore.

This thread, like many others, was polluted with their obsession, and it took 1/2 hour to clean it up.

Most people clicked the thread to read about Hawkins, not wade through 40 juvenile replies having nothing to do with the thread title.

Grow up.

Do not comment or reply to this post.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
During the broadcast, before the pick, they were saying the staff was worried about him after the previous game.

Still don't get the call for retaliation by some. Sanogo should hack the crap out of a guy because he failed to yell out a pick. I don't buy Creighton was 'hunting' for Hawkins either. If Hawk was iffy for the game, than Creighton is suppose to take it easy on him? Set hard picks and play the hard defense UConn usually plays. It wears on a team.

Finally, any nuerologist will tell you that you don't have to have head impact to cause a concussion. Just hope the young man is alright because he's fun to watch and has a bright future.
If the staff was worried about him, why did he play? As an RN I wonder why take the chance?

Reaction Score
In all fairness to Sanogo and out of curiosity, do we know that Sanogo didn't say anything? CU was up by 12, Sanogo was almost half court away, and their center is setting a pick 60' from the rim. Totally unexpected in that situation.

screens are typically used to counter back court pressure. If you are on the court you must be aware of screens at all times, but especially when pressusing

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
Idk if anyone pointed it out cause this thread is really bad, but I don’t think Sanogo was close enough to call out the screen, Hawkins probably wouldn’t hear him since he’s laser focused on pressing. Just bad luck for Hawk.
Why is the entire thread "really bad?" I think most of us agree that playing dirty, retaliating, etc. is wrong and if you read the thread you'll see that. Other than that, there has been discussion about the Hawkins-Kalbrenner play and speculation on the nature of the injury. I am wondering what makes this thread "really bad." :confused:

Reaction Score
Why is the entire thread "really bad?" I think most of us agree that playing dirty, retaliating, etc. is wrong and if you read the thread you'll see that. Other than that, there has been discussion about the Hawkins-Kalbrenner play and speculation on the nature of the injury. I am wondering what makes this thread "really bad." :confused:
If this conversation was in person I think everyone would largely on this topic since it’s translated in text it looks worse then it actually is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom