Hawkins declares for NBA Draft | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Hawkins declares for NBA Draft

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
He flipped a switch during the SJU loss on 1/15 when he went for 31 points on 9/16 shooting and was a superstar from that game forward. Was similar to what happened with Caron in his second season. Had a mini slump in March before the BET and then was on fire again.

Was such a pleasure to watch his development and admire his even keeled nature. And despite that, he was as cold blooded a shooter as you'll find in college bball. I'm a huge fan and think his skill set is perfectly suited to today's NBA.

I also have no doubt he'll continue to get stronger and tighten up his handle.

Good luck to you Jordan!!!

Reaction Score
After a 5 year drought, this is now the 3rd year in a row a Husky will be drafted to the NBA. Let's get this pipeline goin' again! Could it be our first time having two players drafted since 2014???

I will certainly miss having a SG that legitimately any time he shot the ball I had full faith it was going in. The definition of a sniper. Best of luck, Jordan!
Wing-U. Bouk, rese, and now Hawk

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Consulting Make It Rain GIF by SHOWTIME

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
He flipped a switch during the SJU loss on 1/15 when he went for 31 points on 9/16 shooting and was a superstar from that game forward. Was similar to what happened with Caron in his second season. Had a mini slump in March before the BET and then was on fire again.

Was such a pleasure to watch his development and admire his even keeled nature. And despite that, he was as cold blooded a shooter as you'll find in college bball. I'm a huge fan and think his skill set is perfectly suited to today's NBA.

I also have no doubt he'll continue to get stronger and tighten up his handle.

Good luck to you Jordan!!!
Yup. He was much more animated ever game going forward. His jumper is a thing of beauty as is the way he comes off of screens.

Rip and Ray did a great job working with him

Reaction Score
Selfishly I hope he ends up on the Warriors. They need a stone-cold shooter to help Curry out. Also, it is a good organization with a winning culture. He will be under no pressure during the early years of his career to perform.
You mean to help Curry and Klay out.

Warriors would be fun but I'm happy with him going anywhere other than Charlotte.

Reaction Score
I still don’t get why all mocks have Gradey Dick higher than Hawkins. Other than height, Hawkins is a better shooter/tougher shot maker, more athletic, a better defender, and has a much higher ceiling.
I am not sure either. Gradey Dick is a good player, but Hawk has definitely shown he can produce on a higher level that Gradey Dick has not shown yet.

Reaction Score
Doubt he would be there with the Warriors pick and with the way they miscalculated their roster this past offseason they probably don't want another kid on a rookie contract again. That would be the perfect landing spot for him though system wise.

Reaction Score
Four star recruit, #51 in his class- he trusted UConn and this staff to develop his talents, and everybody won. Thanks, Hawk! Going out a champion, now go get paid!

Also, thanks for all that tape that’s left behind to show to future recruits about how they’ll fit in and excel.

I watched him at Dematha a dozen times during that Covid season and you could tell he was totally focused on building an NBA skillset. Knew his ticket to the league was as a shooter and defender, and had laser-focused his skill development on building that.

Reaction Score
You cant buy that with 10 mil in NIL. Coach is building a Castle here.
And bringing a Castle here…

Congrats to Hawk! Nice guy when I met him after the FL game. He’ll be a great ambassador for our program. Tons of natural ability, but also seems to be a grinder, evident by his year 1->2 jump.

Thanks for the memories

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom