Have to Respect ND and Kelly | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Have to Respect ND and Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There is no way we helped destroy the Big East. Could we have saved it? Maybe, evidently you think that is the case. I tend to agree that had we joined in football it would have saved the conference, but we were never in it for football, so I don't know how you can blame us for destroying it. Not saving it is not the same as destroying it.

Class is the Big East not destroying all non-football ND programs by throwing their a$$es out of the conference. All those programs face destruction if the ACC avoids the Big East's mistake and give you the ultimatum for "all in" or leave the conference altogether.

Reaction Score
You must be bringing in USC or Michigan if you are planning on filling the place. Or perhaps your women's basketball program. They have good enough fan bases to compensate for a mediocre program.

I don't know if we will sell it out, but last year's game between WVU and Syracuse drew 39,000 fans. I expect that we will exceed that figure this year. I think the game against Army in 2010 either sold out, or almost sold out Yankee Stadium, but that was not being played in late december.

Reaction Score
Actually the programs I mentioned - Michigan, Stanford and USC - are a lot stronger than ND and in most sports too.

You're probably correct. Hopefully we are in a position to start addressing these issues. Our soccer team made it to the final four this year, so maybe we are starting to show some improvement in the minor sports.

Reaction Score
If Diaco is rehired as HC of ND, that would mean very, very, very good things for this program. Not to mention another ACC school - one with immense pull - that likely would be on our side.

Reaction Score
Class is the Big East not destroying all non-football ND programs by throwing their a$$es out of the conference. All those programs face destruction if the ACC avoids the Big East's mistake and give you the ultimatum for "all in" or leave the conference altogether.

ND made it clear that they would join a conference with football if it was necessary for all the other programs to be included in the conference. The Big East said they would let ND join except for football, because they knew that given that choice, ND would have joined the Big Ten or the ACC. In an effort to "keep the door open" the BE said we could join with everything except football.

The ACC was in the same boat, if we needed to join a conference to keep the other sports afloat, we will do it. Until that ultimatum is given, we would prefer to stay independent in football. Most ND fans don't know why that is such a big issue.

Reaction Score
I don't like ND, I don't like most of their fans I come across (except in person they are usually ok).

However, if UConn was in ND's position, we would behave no differently. Why would they join a conference when they don't have to? Good will? Please. The Big East killed itself with some help from the ACC and the traitors in beantown. ND owed the Big East nothing, we didn't have to offer them a spot for all sports, we chose to. You make someone a sweetheart deal, don't be upset when they take it. Be upset with the big east offices that were run by a bunch of morons with no vision.

Reaction Score
Be upset with the big east offices that were run by a bunch of morons with no vision.
They had some vision. The only mistake they made was to be a basketball conference only. But if they chose to be a football conference, we'd be in the CAA or MAC right now.

Reaction Score
I don't like ND, I don't like most of their fans I come across (except in person they are usually ok).

However, if UConn was in ND's position, we would behave no differently. Why would they join a conference when they don't have to? Good will? Please. The Big East killed itself with some help from the ACC and the traitors in beantown. ND owed the Big East nothing, we didn't have to offer them a spot for all sports, we chose to. You make someone a sweetheart deal, don't be upset when they take it. Be upset with the big east offices that were run by a bunch of morons with no vision.

I'm very happy to see that there are some reasonable UConn fans here. I am a fan of Bob Diaco and would like to see him have a great deal of success at UConn. I met him twice, and like him very much, and I would love to see him return to Notre Dame some day as head coach. I can't see where that is something that would get UConn fans upset, certainly not something an ND fan should apologize for.

It is also nice to see that not all UConn fans feel compelled to blame ND for taking advantage of the deal given to us by the Big East regarding our desire to be an independent football team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom