Have to Respect ND and Kelly | The Boneyard

Have to Respect ND and Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am sure Warde had to go through the same channels with ND to interview Diaco as he had to do with MSU to meet w/ Narduzzi. The difference being that the Narduzzi/MSU folks leaked and used the info to prop up Narduzzi. There were even quotes from Dantonio about whether he should be looking.

Conversely, there was not a peep from ND or Kelly even though they had already lost their OC.

Reaction Score
I had posted this in another thread yesterday during the flurry:

Speaking of Kelly and his assistant coaches:

http://coachingsearch.com/article?a...sistants-arent-sending-rsums-looking-for-jobs

>>“You know, you never know,” Kelly said. “I know that my coaches won't leave for lateral moves. They'll have to be leadership positions. So I'm certain of that. But if there's a head job out there that makes sense for one of the assistant coaches, I'd look at them. I have really good football coaches. You never know. But, as I said, my guys aren't out sending résumés looking for jobs. If the right situation comes along, all these guys, especially the ones that have been with me a long time, they know what it looks like. They'd be great at running programs.”<<

Reaction Score
Yes, we are a classy group. But I do want to see Diaco do well, so I guess I'll be rooting for UConn until Diaco comes back to ND to replace Kelly. Enjoy him while you have him.

Reactions: pj

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Much as I hate them, Notre Dame is a classy outfit, at least most of the time.

Not all the time (student videographer, Teo), but in this case yes.

Reaction Score
Thanks for ruining this thread, .

What is the problem with this. There was a long thread on this site stating that many fans we OK with UConn being a stepping stone program for coaches looking for other jobs. Is that no longer an acceptable position?

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
What is the problem with this. There was a long thread on this site stating that many fans we OK with UConn being a stepping stone program for coaches looking for other jobs. Is that no longer an acceptable position?

Trust me. There is nothing I would be happier to see than Diaco leaving UCONN in 5 years to step into the ND job.

Reaction Score

I have no problem with Diaco heading back to ND to be head coach. He ain't going there unless he did far better than average.

Reaction Score

It is -- today. The hope in 3-5 years the program will be successful, the conference thing will have been straightened out, Diaco likes living here (for all CT's faults, it is a decent place to raise a young family), and UConn can pay enough to keep him from stepping elsewhere. We'll see. Should be a fun ride.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
It is -- today. The hope in 3-5 years the program will be successful, the conference thing will have been straightened out, Diaco likes living here (for all CT's faults, it is a decent place to raise a young family), and UConn can pay enough to keep him from stepping elsewhere. We'll see. Should be a fun ride.

I want Diaco to have the kind of success that there is no way UCONN can keep him. Alabama, ND, TX and Michigan can get in a bidding war for him. Dream outcome.

Reaction Score
I want Diaco to have the kind of success that there is no way UCONN can keep him. Alabama, ND, TX and Michigan can get in a bidding war for him. Dream outcome.
Since we're dreaming, let's take this a bit further...they want him bad, but because we will have just accepted a bid to the Big 10 and he will have won back to back AAC crowns, he chooses to stay and signs a new contract for $3 million per year and we are instantly as good as half the Big 10 and still on the way up....I don't think this is too far-fetched a scenario if he is the right guy!

sdhusky

Reaction Score
Since we're dreaming, let's take this a bit further...they want him bad, but because we will have just accepted a bid to the Big 10 and he will have won back to back AAC crowns, he chooses to stay and signs a new contract for $3 million per year and we are instantly as good as half the Big 10 and still on the way up....I don't think this is too far-fetched a scenario if he is the right guy!

No. I want him so hot he still leaves in that case.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
I'm sure hoping Kelly knows how to prepare co-ordinators since both my teams (UConn and Miami of Ohio) have former ND coaches leading them now. I've gotta say I like our hire better than the Miami hire. I've not been impressed with the ND offense the last few years.

Reaction Score
I'm sure hoping Kelly knows how to prepare co-ordinators since both my teams (UConn and Miami of Ohio) have former ND coaches leading them now. I've gotta say I like our hire better than the Miami hire. I've not been impressed with the ND offense the last few years.

Come on man. You can't have TWO teams. Its one way or the other. Uconn it is. Just say it.

Reaction Score
Yes, we are a classy group. But I do want to see Diaco do well, so I guess I'll be rooting for UConn until Diaco comes back to ND to replace Kelly. Enjoy him while you have him.
This is a weird post. Brian Kelly has only coached 4 years at ND and is 52. I would think you would want as many successful seasons with Brian Kelly as possible before he is ready to retire (maybe 10 more years?), and if this is a stepping stone for Diaco, presumably he would be long gone by then.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame classy? Cough, cough, Lizzy Seeberg, cough cough.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame classy? Cough, cough, Lizzy Seeberg, cough cough.

Don't throw stones, bro. UConn isn't doing too well in the athlete-women relationship department either

Reaction Score
Why would Diaco heading back to ND to be head coach when he be coaching UConn in the B1G :)

Reaction Score
This is a weird post. Brian Kelly has only coached 4 years at ND and is 52. I would think you would want as many successful seasons with Brian Kelly as possible before he is ready to retire (maybe 10 more years?), and if this is a stepping stone for Diaco, presumably he would be long gone by then.

I would like to see Kelly coach at ND for many years, as long as he quits with the four loss seasons. Unfortunately, I think he wants to coach in the nfl. There has been a lot of talk about having 2-3 potential candidates should he proceed in that direction.

Reaction Score

This one for you Mr. Delusional Notre Dame Fan

Reaction Score
This one for you Mr. Delusional Notre Dame Fan

Actually, I don't mind that, but it's not as good as the Hitler video. You should check that one out. The nice thing is that you have to use a 5 year old video. BC stopped putting those out since we beat them the last 4 times we played them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom