Have to Respect ND and Kelly | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Have to Respect ND and Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I hope he is Jim Calhoun or bill Snyder and is here forever after turning an also ran into a national powerhouse

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Actually, I don't mind that, but it's not as good as the Hitler video. You should check that one out. The nice thing is that you have to use a 5 year old video. BC stopped putting those out since we beat them the last 4 times we played them.

We'll continue to use them seeing as how we beat you the only time we've played.

Reaction Score
Actually, I don't mind that, but it's not as good as the Hitler video. You should check that one out. The nice thing is that you have to use a 5 year old video. BC stopped putting those out since we beat them the last 4 times we played them.

I seen the Hitler one and there a bunch of Hitler videos with different teams, yes they are funny.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
Come on man. You can't have TWO teams. Its one way or the other. Uconn it is. Just say it.
Oh, it's UConn without a doubt! We live near Cincinnati and put both the kids through Miami. We tailgate at all the home games (Miami has an RV only area that UConn really ought to emulate) and have grown to love the school.
Unlike the Rent, we can bring the RV in 2 DAYS before the game and can stay OVERNIGHT AFTER THE GAME with electricity included for $50 a game. If you're being a total idiot, the campus police will roust you but you REALLY have to push the limit. Compare that with the parking nazis and the policies at the Rent.

Reaction Score
Actually, many ND fans thank you for that. Until that game it looked like Charlie Weis would live to coach another day. That was the final straw.

Here's the game recap video, hope that's not to old for you either. Sometimes it tough to live in the past.

Reaction Score
I was there. It was a bad loss, but not as bad as the previous home game which was our second loss to Navy in the last three games against them. It was after the UConn game that they said we would not go to a bowl game, even though we would have qualified for one.

Reaction Score
I was there too and the best part was the pep rally the night before listening to Mike Golic saying how Notre Dame was going to kick Connecticut ass so bad that we would never want to go back, he was talking Connecticut trash and I'm saying to myself what a idiot...he lives in Connecticut and he's talking trash about the state he lives in.

If you don't want to talk about the past let talk about now. Playing a 6-6 Rutgers team in a nothing bowl game.
Rutgers came in 6th in the AAC and now you lost your D-coach... future looking good.

What a pair Coach Flood...........................................................Coach Kelly.......................

TrsPeXtA.jpg

Reaction Score
Yes, we are a classy group. But I do want to see Diaco do well, so I guess I'll be rooting for UConn until Diaco comes back to ND to replace Kelly. Enjoy him while you have him.

He's not leaving a program that has pushed Notre Dame all over the gridiron. Perhaps for a Michigan, Stanford, USC or programs that have strong conference affiliations.

Reaction Score
He's not leaving a program that has pushed Notre Dame all over the gridiron. Perhaps for a Michigan, Stanford, USC or programs that have strong conference affiliations.

Conference affiliations only matter if your program isn't strong enough to survive without them.

Reaction Score
I was there too and the best part was the pep rally the night before listening to Mike Golic saying how Notre Dame was going to kick Connecticut ass so bad that we would never want to go back, he was talking Connecticut trash and I'm saying to myself what a idiot...he lives in Connecticut and he's talking trash about the state he lives in.

If you don't want to talk about the past let talk about now. Playing a 6-6 Rutgers team in a nothing bowl game.
Rutgers came in 6th in the AAC and now you lost your D-coach... future looking good.

What a pair Coach Flood...........................................................Coach Kelly.......................

TrsPeXtA.jpg

The idea behind the Shamrock Series of games is that ND is looking for a presence in some of the better recruiting areas of the country. This year it was Texas, last year it was Chicago, two years ago it was Washington DC. The pinstripe bowl is a chance to play in the New Jersey area. It's also to continue the support we have in the NYC area. We play next year in Giant's Stadium(orwhatever it's called now). we are the only team that can sell out a game in the New York area. I think we want to reward those fans.

Reaction Score
Very classy how they helped destroy the Big East.

There is no way we helped destroy the Big East. Could we have saved it? Maybe, evidently you think that is the case. I tend to agree that had we joined in football it would have saved the conference, but we were never in it for football, so I don't know how you can blame us for destroying it. Not saving it is not the same as destroying it.

Reaction Score
I was there. It was a bad loss, but not as bad as the previous home game which was our second loss to Navy in the last three games against them. It was after the UConn game that they said we would not go to a bowl game, even though we would have qualified for one.
Bad loss? You do realize we have somewhere around 20 players in the NFL?

Reaction Score
Bad loss? You do realize we have somewhere around 20 players in the NFL?

So you're saying that UConn went 8-5 with a team that put twenty players in the NFL. That would have to rank as the worst coaching job in college football history.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Actually, many ND fans thank you for that. Until that game it looked like Charlie Weis would live to coach another day. That was the final straw.
Lol, yeah we know that feeling.

I didn't mind your opening post. It's fair statement until we do enough on the field to change it. But you are kind of slipping into douchery now. Why not let it go and walk away?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So you're saying that UConn went 8-5 with a team that put twenty players in the NFL. That would have to rank as the worst coaching job in college football history.
Do you see any Edsall fans here? And your assessment of UConn being the worst coaching job is such a dumb statement. You just lost your DC to us. Glad you got to suffer Charlie Weis.

Reaction Score
Lol, yeah we know that feeling.

I didn't mind your opening post. It's fair statement until we enough on the field to change it. But you are kind of slipping into douchery now. Why not let it go and walk away.

Sorry, I feel like I'm responding with the same level of douchery to the responses made back to me. If that's not the case, I apologize.

Reaction Score
Am I taking crazy pills? Some posters on here are making us seem like the most insecure fanbase in the country. If Diaco ends up as the ND Head Coach after his run here, it would be a win for everyone. Unlike what was being spewed from Michigan State, everything out of ND around this hire has been nothing but classy.

And uhhh Butch...he didn't call UConn the worst coaching job. He said if the team that beat ND in South Bend had 20 NFL players on its' roster, going 8-5 would be a horrible coaching job for that season. It's true.

Reaction Score
Do you see any Edsall fans here? And your assessment of UConn being the worst coaching job is such a dumb statement. You just lost your DC to us. Glad you got to suffer Charlie Weis.

CL82, how should I respond to this post. It's hard to do without being real , so I'll just ignore it.

Reaction Score
You already are being a real . There weren't 20 NFL players on that 8-5 team.

How about Jimmy Clausen??

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You already are being a real . There weren't 20 NFL players on that 8-5 team.

How about Jimmy Clausen??

Reread your posts. You are the one who said UConn had the 20 players in the nfl. I have no idea how many players off an old UConn team made it to the nfl, and as far as I know, Jimmy Clausen is not in the nfl.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Sorry, I feel like I'm responding with the same level of douchery to the responses made back to me. If that's not the case, I apologize.
Well at least you are aware that you've drifted into being a . There's something to be said for that.

Reaction Score
Conference affiliations only matter if your program isn't strong enough to survive without them.

Actually the programs I mentioned - Michigan, Stanford and USC - are a lot stronger than ND and in most sports too.

Reaction Score
The idea behind the Shamrock Series of games is that ND is looking for a presence in some of the better recruiting areas of the country. This year it was Texas, last year it was Chicago, two years ago it was Washington DC. The pinstripe bowl is a chance to play in the New Jersey area. It's also to continue the support we have in the NYC area. We play next year in Giant's Stadium(orwhatever it's called now). we are the only team that can sell out a game in the New York area. I think we want to reward those fans.

You must be bringing in USC or Michigan if you are planning on filling the place. Or perhaps your women's basketball program. They have good enough fan bases to compensate for a mediocre program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom